Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 11:27 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalKaos View Post
NY (& California) Jews are not necessarily known for their political savvy.

In fact, they are either clueless or just don't give a damn. Historically, they just blindly buy in to the liberal BS. Maybe many are transplants from LA LA LAND.

That said, many of my Jewish friends, raise this same question and have for years, at least 8 years -

"How can we blindly follow this liberal doctrine? For the last 8 years THE Obama admin is CLEARLY Pro Muslim, and is so blatantly anti Israel?"

ANSWER - Brainwashed, Pavlov Dog, style.

Wake up, Jews everywhere. The Obama Administration has never had your back, especially with this latest BS move, and Killary would have been worse, with 10s of millions of dollars from Arab states. There are more issues than Israel for all of us. But, though I never lost anyone in the Holocaust, Jewish people everywhere have. All Americans should all have this vested interest in keeping Israel strong. Israel is our most important ally in the troublesome Middle East.
No, they will not see the light. Their religion is liberalism/big government not Judaism.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:28 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbach View Post
You have it backwards, first came the terrorism, then the settlements. All the Palestinians have to do to stop the settlements is agree to accept Israels right to exist. They rejected those offers in 2001 and again in 2008. Hence the settlements.
The Palestinians and surrounding Arab countries also rejected the offer in 1948 when Palestine was divided into 3 countries: Jordan for the minority Hashemite Arabs who now rule Jordan (Jordan is actually majority Palestinian Arabs), Israel as a Jewish state, and the West Bank and Gaza for another Arab state for Palestinian Arabs.
The Arabs rejected for Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza to be divided into an Arab and Jewish state in 1948 and have been rejecting it ever since.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:33 AM

2,750 posts, read 2,420,713 times
I'm of the personal opinion that all Jews should just move to New York . Everyone will be happy then

Old 12-28-2016, 12:38 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
The main issue between Israel, Jews and Palestinian Muslims. It all boils down to money and resources. Israel main source of fresh water stems from the Jordan river. If a two state solution was to arise. A conflict for resources can trigger a full scale war. Also Israel does not have much resources and is limited to that degree. A Palestinian state will have less resources, as well as being landlocked without no real port for imports and exports. Another big problem is religious sites. Religious sites create huge cash flows of revenue. Of Palestinian take old Jerusalem, they can make money off of all 3 faiths. Israel occupies old Jerusalem and it makes billions on all folks going on pilgrims.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:52 PM

462 posts, read 550,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daaver View Post
UN reports an average of 65 Palestinians displaced every two weeks for 2016. FWIW.

Demolitions and related displacements
Palestinian-owned structures demolished
Total in 2016 (to date): 1,069
Total in 2015: 544
Palestinians displaced due to demolitions
Total in 2016 (to date): 1,580
Total in 2015: 757

Source: Protection of Civilians Weekly Report | 15 ? 28 November 2016 | United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs - occupied Palestinian territory

Wouldn't trust any UN stats, but lets say it is true- you would still need to take a closer look as to why they were being demolished (are they terrorist owned homes for example?) And where are they being relocated. If they are simply being taken from their homes and left in the street, then I agree that is reprehensible- but I have never heard of that happening.

The UN is simply anti-US and anti-Israel. It is that simple.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Actually Palestinian Arabs do have full rights within Israel.
Israel itself is 20% Arab, and those Arabs are citizens of Israel and enjoy full rights like any other citizen. There are also many Palestinian Arab members of the Israeli Parliament.

However, you are I think referring to the West Bank (not Israel proper): in the West Bank, Palestinians are not citizens of Israel and do not have rights of citizens, because Israel never annexed the West Bank.

In East Jerusalem, however, which Israel DID annex in 1967, when they took over the West Bank and Jerusalem from Jordan, Palestinian Arabs do have full rights (right to work, health insurance, national insurance, etc.) and were all offered citizenship in 1967; however, most Palestinian Arabs did not accept Israeli citizenship at that time. (for political reasons)

My bad, I was referring to the West Bank. But you make my point even stronger. They have full rights within Israel, what more could you ask for? Agree with everything else you said, you are very knowledgeable on this subject, hopefully some other people who are simply anti-Israel (anti-Jew maybe?) will see that your arguments make sense and shows even further the anti-UN bias toward both the US and Israel.

Not a fan of Trump, but on this issue he knows what he is talking about. Obama simply hates Netanyahu and is using his personal animosity toward him (and lets face it Netanyahu is not the most likeable guy) to hurt Israel and risk a possible regional if not world war (with his idiotic Iran deal).

Old 12-28-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
The Palestinians and surrounding Arab countries also rejected the offer in 1948 when Palestine was divided into 3 countries: Jordan for the minority Hashemite Arabs who now rule Jordan (Jordan is actually majority Palestinian Arabs), Israel as a Jewish state, and the West Bank and Gaza for another Arab state for Palestinian Arabs.
The Arabs rejected for Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza to be divided into an Arab and Jewish state in 1948 and have been rejecting it ever since.

Correct and that would have solved the problem, unless of course the Palestinians simply were dissatisfied and wanted no Israeli state at all. Again the solution is simple if both parties simply recognize the right for the other to exist. I am not Jewish, and I feel for the Palestinian people who probably feel like they don't really belong anywhere. But they can't have their cake and eat it also, they had a chance to make a deal that Arafat blew, simply because then the Palestinians would not need him and he could no longer rob his own people blind if peace were achieved.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
No, they will not see the light. Their religion is liberalism/big government not Judaism.

Sadly you are probably correct. Any religious Jew who voted for Obama (at least the 2nd time) is a damn fool. And how does a guy like Chuck Schumer sleep at night, knowing his president sold Israel out and he did nothing to stop him out of partisan politics. And Bernie Sanders? amazing, guy basically wants Israel not to exist, how can he go to synagogue and look his rabbi in the eye.

I'm not even Jewish and I can see this, it would be like a religious Catholic calling for the Vatican to be torn down.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:50 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbach View Post
Sadly you are probably correct. Any religious J ew who voted for Obama (at least the 2nd time) is a damn fool. And how does a guy like Chuck Schumer sleep at night, knowing his president sold Israel out and he did nothing to stop him out of partisan politics. And Bernie Sanders? amazing, guy basically wants Israel not to exist, how can he go to synagogue and look his rabbi in the eye.

I'm not even Jewish and I can see this, it would be like a religious Catholic calling for the Vatican to be torn down.
This video explains it well -- it also provides a good explanation of why the pattern is unlikely to change much in future elections:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5IqH7oJ9h4

Old 12-28-2016, 02:33 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,146 times
obama is anti-Israel but signed to give Israel 38 billion in aid.

Okay that makes sense.

Netanyahu had this coming. The President has been more than patient in the face of Bibi's blatant disrespect and racism. That man is a nasty piece of work from going behind Obama's back with Congress to saying Palestinians are the ones who gave Hitler the idea for the Holocaust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City