Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 05:56 PM

245 posts, read 197,670 times

Advertisements

We should cut off all foreign aid to Israel.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:37 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
The West Bank and Gaza are not viable states and are frankly too poor to go it along, and none of the Arab states would be interested in administering those territories. Israel won those wars and so they will have to keep the West Bank and Gaza. I think Israel should have a secular government and not be Jewish or Arab. I'm opposed to any religious state. That is the true problem in the middle east, a mixture of religion and politics that all sides need to end. If they can't end this, so long as they insist religion and politics must be mixed it will be unstable for a long time.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:42 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The West Bank and Gaza are not viable states and are frankly too poor to go it along, and none of the Arab states would be interested in administering those territories. Israel won those wars and so they will have to keep the West Bank and Gaza. I think Israel should have a secular government and not be Jewish or Arab. I'm opposed to any religious state. That is the true problem in the middle east, a mixture of religion and politics that all sides need to end. If they can't end this, so long as they insist religion and politics must be mixed it will be unstable for a long time.
Israel has already withdrawn from Gaza and there are no Israelis living there, and no Israeli soldiers there either. So Israel is not going to take back Gaza.

As for West Bank, it's a toss-up.

You may be opposed to a religious state, and that's great - you don't live there.
But Israelis are not, and the vast majority want it to remain a Jewish state.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:02 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,878 times
It's politics. Relax, people. Nothing has changed or will change on the ground.
It's a complicated situation and there are greater issues in the ME right now.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:41 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
It's politics. Relax, people. Nothing has changed or will change on the ground.
It's a complicated situation and there are greater issues in the ME right now.
For sure!

Old 12-30-2016, 07:58 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

Old 12-30-2016, 08:01 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times
All these arguments are a waste of time, because the Arabs, even when offered everything they want, they refuse it, because they just want all Jews dead and Israel wiped out. Look it up.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Israel has already withdrawn from Gaza and there are no Israelis living there, and no Israeli soldiers there either. So Israel is not going to take back Gaza.

As for West Bank, it's a toss-up.

You may be opposed to a religious state, and that's great - you don't live there.
But Israelis are not, and the vast majority want it to remain a Jewish state.
Israel isn't pulling out of West Bank, and even if they do, it changes nothing because both the Arabs and the Jews claim that God gave them that land. Therefore unless they can take religion out of this, this battle is going to last forever, though there may be truces every now and then or unless one side can do a genocide on the other.

The US isn't a religious state, and it should allow the Israelis and the Palestinians to figure this out on their own with no support or mediation.

And while you seem to support Israel being a Jewish state, people like you are in fear of those who want to make the US a Christian theocracy (some of those people Trump appointed to high positions). I certainly am not in favor of making the US a Christian theocracy, but I am in favor of the separation of religion and politics everyone.

Keep in mind things tend not to work out so well for Jewish people when religion was brought into politics in Europe.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
All these arguments are a waste of time, because the Arabs, even when offered everything they want, they refuse it, because they just want all Jews dead and Israel wiped out. Look it up.
Yes. But that's because of a combination of religion and politics ,and a lack of rational thinking. Of course you have this on the Israeli side too.

There are plenty of nations that are multiethnic and multireligious with a secular government.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:38 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalKaos View Post
NY (& California) Jews are not necessarily known for their political savvy.

In fact, they are either clueless or just don't give a damn. Historically, they just blindly buy in to the liberal BS. Maybe many are transplants from LA LA LAND.

That said, many of my Jewish friends, raise this same question and have for years, at least 8 years -

"How can we blindly follow this liberal doctrine? For the last 8 years THE Obama admin is CLEARLY Pro Muslim, and is so blatantly anti Israel?"

ANSWER - Brainwashed, Pavlov Dog, style.

Wake up, Jews everywhere. The Obama Administration has never had your back, especially with this latest BS move, and Killary would have been worse, with 10s of millions of dollars from Arab states. There are more issues than Israel for all of us. But, though I never lost anyone in the Holocaust, Jewish people everywhere have. All Americans should all have this vested interest in keeping Israel strong. Israel is our most important ally in the troublesome Middle East.

How about you let the Jews decide for themselves how they want to vote? Also, I'm sure plenty of Jews did vote for Donald Trump. They don't necessarily vote as a bloc, as there are many different sects with different values and concerns. Also, not all Jews vote based on religion, just like not all Christians do.

This is not the first time in recent months I have seen the "all Jews should vote Republican" argument. Meanwhile, there is a march against Jews being scheduled in Montana. If you are so concerned about the Jews, why aren't you posting about that instead of attacking them for not voting the way you want them to vote?

Also, Barack Obama's presidency ends in 21 days. What on earth are you going to do without that straw man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City