Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 06:35 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,687,488 times

Advertisements

Heh heh heh.

After a year of being greeted by fawning crowds in the American heartland, Donald Trump appears to be struggling with the hostility that now surrounds him in New York City.

New York: The city where Donald Trump hates being hated - BBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 07:16 PM

3,738 posts, read 3,473,407 times

Old 12-27-2016, 07:36 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,218,462 times
With the exception of my girlfriend, pretty much everybody I know around here seems to like him and at the very least find him a refreshing change from the same cookie-cutter bullsh1t politician we always get in there. Then again, I'm not generally surrounded by whiney liberals too often in my day to day.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:38 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,483,937 times
He knew what he was doing when he courted the angry white man vote. I thought he had thicker skin.

The best thing he can do for new york and the rest of the northeast is fund infrastructure.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:40 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,320,015 times
Most New Yorkers aren't even real New Yorkers anymore anyway.

Its time to remove the privilege and greed from the northeast and west coast. We've cut off the rest of the country from opportunity and goods for much too long. We must learn to share before the massacre begins.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:27 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Most New Yorkers aren't even real New Yorkers anymore anyway.

Its time to remove the privilege and greed from the northeast and west coast. We've cut off the rest of the country from opportunity and goods for much too long. We must learn to share before the massacre begins.

I don't know what's more ironic.

Removing the greed with a greedy billionaire himself with his other billionaire friends?

Or expectations of removing the greed from the northeast and west coast so we end up like Misssissipi or Indiana. I guess it's about time opioids got some shine in other states.

The rest of the country is surviving thanks to us, we have more welfare states than states that's actually thriving our economy. The wealth is already shared.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:29 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
With the exception of my girlfriend, pretty much everybody I know around here seems to like him and at the very least find him a refreshing change from the same cookie-cutter bullsh1t politician we always get in there. Then again, I'm not generally surrounded by whiney liberals too often in my day to day.
That's only applicable in Staten Island. Only an ******* himself would find another ******* "likeable". It's fitting

Old 12-28-2016, 06:47 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,472 times
Well I thought birther boy gave us a pass to btch and complaint just like he did for the last 8 years.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:22 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,218,462 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
That's only applicable in Staten Island. Only an ******* himself would find another ******* "likeable". It's fitting
I don't live anywhere close to, nor do I associate with anybody from Staten Island. Actually, one guy at a work. Black dude named Joe. I'm not certain who he voted for, but he's been vocal in his willingness to give trump a chance and see what he can do. That was quite the convenient and easy elitist thing for you to say though. So congrats I guess (?).

And by the way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
The rest of the country is surviving thanks to us...

The rest of the country literally feeds us. The people who live and work the land and industry in what I am sure you call "flyover country" are stocking the shelves of your favorite whole foods. Sure, some of it is from upstate, but much of what we consume comes from those backwoods bumpkins. Everybody does their part in this country. Try not to be so smug. That is what gives this city a bad name.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:31 AM

74 posts, read 72,837 times
Quote:
Where do you live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City