Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 12:35 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,197,365 times

Advertisements

Here we go again! For all you in the "what about the good cops crowd" and the "cop saves kitten from tree" crowd... Smh here's a heart warming story for ya! I keep telling you these fools are the city's biggest thugs

EXCLUSIVE: NYPD throws away one-legged homeless man's crutches - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 12:39 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Yes, cause i am sure you would be ok with your neighborhood having a set-up like the below picture. (this is a picture of the link that you posted). Cops and Sanitation dept had to discard all the items there since most likely people/propert owners complained about it.

NYPD Thugs toss One-Legged Homeless Man's Crutches in the Trash-seize6n-2-web.jpg

Old 01-06-2017, 01:13 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,152 times
The guy is actually well known in the neighborhood that is why you see people trying to salvage his wheelchair and some of his stuff. He lost his leg a couple years back by a train. The police made that mess you see. The neighbors were actually trying to help him and explain to the police but of course the meatheads wanted to arrest them as well, most of it has been documented on video by the neighbors. They called the NY Daily news and they actually came.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:43 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
1. With all of the free housing options offered to anyone in NYC why on earth would anyone want to sleep on the street?
2. How would you like it, OP, if he set up house in front if your place?

Old 01-07-2017, 12:07 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
1. With all of the free housing options offered to anyone in NYC why on earth would anyone want to sleep on the street?
lol... not in my backyard, buddy!

Old 01-07-2017, 12:55 PM

738 posts, read 585,715 times
Quote:

I've seen that guy! He has, or had, a little encampment by the side of one of the entrances to the park, near the Q station. He's not in front of anyones house.

Living in a shelter is no picnic, though I prefer it to the street. Lots of rules and regulations, have to be in by 10, can't leave before 5; not allowed to have a lighter or a pack of matches, etc. Sometimes there are dangerous hoods and ex=cons in there, too.

I pray for the day I get a job and can get out of there.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
What are you high? What free housing options? We are in the middle of an affordable housing crisis. You've obviously never been poor or working class definitely not in New York City because if you were you'd know how hard it is for people to find affordable housing. You must be one of those wealthy transplant gentrifiers for whom mating $2000 a month is no big deal...

Quote:
Hey guess what, there are homeless people in my neighborhood, and if they did have decent housing options they wouldn't be there! Brutalizing them and throwing out their belongings is a violation of their human rights and completely savage. It remind me of when the nazis rounded up all of the homeless and disabled and sent them to concentration camps in the 1930s. The correct solution is mental health treatment and supportive housing, which there is a major shortage and waitlist for

Old 01-08-2017, 06:40 AM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Dude, there's millions of leftists in this city who consider homeless encampments like this to be an achievement of their political will. Don't question them, it's a waste of your time. Thankfully we live in places where this sort of deviancy is unacceptable and handled appropriately without leftist outcry. You'd never see a mess like that spring up here because it would be dealt with immediately.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:21 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
What are you high? What free housing options? We are in the middle of an affordable housing crisis. You've obviously never been poor or working class definitely not in New York City because if you were you'd know how hard it is for people to find affordable housing. You must be one of those wealthy transplant gentrifiers for whom mating $2000 a month is no big deal...

Hey guess what, there are homeless people in my neighborhood, and if they did have decent housing options they wouldn't be there! Brutalizing them and throwing out their belongings is a violation of their human rights and completely savage. It remind me of when the nazis rounded up all of the homeless and disabled and sent them to concentration camps in the 1930s. The correct solution is mental health treatment and supportive housing, which there is a major shortage and waitlist for

Educate yourself;

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...pulations.html

Old 01-08-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Dude, there's millions of leftists in this city who consider homeless encampments like this to be an achievement of their political will.
God you are such a troll, what solution has the Right-wing ever proposed for homelessness other than jail or genocide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City