Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 08:40 AM

5,300 posts, read 6,177,484 times

Advertisements

Spring water delivered in 2 1/2 and 5 gallon glass demijohns is what you want. Health Waters in Carlstadt, NJ will deliver in NYC. Probably not cheap. See link.

Mountain Valley Spring Water
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 07:24 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Spring water delivered in 2 1/2 and 5 gallon glass demijohns is what you want. Health Waters in Carlstadt, NJ will deliver in NYC. Probably not cheap. See link.

Mountain Valley Spring Water

I would beware spring water. Most of the springs come from aquifers, many of which are the most polluted sources of water on Earth. Same goes for well water.

Reservoir water is as close to rainwater as you can get. Rain is CLEAN.

Water from Carlstadt NJ? I wouldn't pay a premium for it. Have we all heard the term "cancer alley" when referring to Northern NJ?

Old 01-19-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Water from Carlstadt NJ? I wouldn't pay a premium for it. Have we all heard the term "cancer alley" when referring to Northern NJ?

The distributor is in Carlstadt. The actual springs are in Arkansas. There are spring water companies that source their water closer to NYC but most all use plastic containers and the OP insists on glass.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:21 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Arkansas! Well THAT's a relief. Certainly there is no pollution of groundwater in Arkansas.
Cleanup Preparations Begin at University of Arkansas SEFOR Facility | University of Arkansas

http://www.geology.ar.gov/geohazards...tamination.htm

Yes, glass is good but AK may not be.
Quote:
There are numerous potential and actual sources of groundwater contamination in the State, both natural and manmade. Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality (2012) identified the 10 major sources of contamination in Arkansas to be animal feedlots, fertilizers, pesticides, underground storage tanks, surface impoundments, landfills, septic systems, hazardous wastes sites, saltwater intrusion, and spills.

Last edited by Kefir King; 01-19-2017 at 08:37 AM..

Old 01-19-2017, 11:05 AM

546 posts, read 764,084 times
Do u really think that water will have lead or something bad in it?
NYC is dense area and government will be sued by the people if it has bad water. I drink tap water
And have tested it myself....tap came out cleaner or equal than some Bottled

Old 01-19-2017, 11:59 AM

602 posts, read 1,263,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Arkansas! Well THAT's a relief. Certainly there is no pollution of groundwater in Arkansas.
Cleanup Preparations Begin at University of Arkansas SEFOR Facility | University of Arkansas

Groundwater Contamination

Yes, glass is good but AK may not be.
Arkansas is AR, Alaska is AK. FYI. They probably have pretty good water in Alaska. I guess.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:00 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,700,672 times
Now that I know what goes into NYC reservoir water, I can't drink it.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:17 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Now that I know what goes into NYC reservoir water, I can't drink it.
it's a protected aquifer, it's basically naturally filtered rainwater

Old 01-19-2017, 12:20 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
And it's probably the best drinking water. My family lives Upstate and even they raved about the water when they'd visit my parents. I miss the tap water when I lived in Queens. I cannot drink Long Island water. It's just awful.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post

NYC drinking water is not pumped up from aquifers. There was pumping in Queens for a time, but that has stopped. All of NYC's water comes from runoff mostly in the Catskills and is stored in reservoirs and lakes. Most of the water is not filtered but there is a new filtration plant in the Croton system, which NYS and the feds forced NYC to build. There are plenty of contaminants in the water but none at unsafe levels. See link.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/pdf/wsstate15.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City