Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 10:07 PM

31,635 posts, read 26,488,524 times

Advertisements

Claims lack of interest.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.95397dd60194

The Islanders may be getting kicked out of the Barclays Center soon | FOX Sports

Future remains uncertain for Islanders - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 10:59 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,979,832 times
The Islanders were the best team in NY area sports in 2016 - only team to win a playoff series. How is that a disaster? The whole bad ice thing is an exacerbation, the last report was in early October on a hot Indian Summer day when it was close to 80F out.

They play in the hottest neighborhood in the country in an arena with unmatched transit options. Tickets are affordable the Isles have the best fans. This article is BS either a plant by MSG communications or Barclays is just trying to renegotiate the lease. The islanders are staying put and are ready to make a bid to be the top team in the area.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:25 AM

33,398 posts, read 46,826,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
The Islanders were the best team in NY area sports in 2016 - only team to win a playoff series. How is that a disaster? The whole bad ice thing is an exacerbation, the last report was in early October on a hot Indian Summer day when it was close to 80F out.

They play in the hottest neighborhood in the country in an arena with unmatched transit options. Tickets are affordable the Isles have the best fans. This article is BS either a plant by MSG communications or Barclays is just trying to renegotiate the lease. The islanders are staying put and are ready to make a bid to be the top team in the area.
2016-2017 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN

Islanders way at the bottom of the list.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-31-2017, 11:27 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,338,775 times
I attended my first Islanders game recently...yeah the arena experience was pretty crap.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:16 PM

36,917 posts, read 38,864,790 times
It's a relative thing of lack of interest versus the physical cost of constantly converting for hockey games and then back. It's an expensive backdrop that's not just backdrops and decorations. I think it's doable if they can get greater crowds and help pay for better infrastructure and procedures, but it's a bit of a chicken and egg issue.

I do think it's in the Islanders best interest to stay with the coming renovation of Jamaica station to allow for easier (see faster and more frequent) LIRR service to Atlantic Terminal.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:44 AM

That's because the Islanders destroyed your team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I attended my first Islanders game recently...yeah the arena experience was pretty crap.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:47 AM

The Islanders have the best fans, not the most fans. ] once folks go and check it out they will get hooked, they are best team in the NY AREA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
2016-2017 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN

Islanders way at the bottom of the list.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:32 PM

329 posts, read 297,235 times
Quote:

Yessssssss, I pray that you are right about this

Old 02-01-2017, 02:34 PM

329 posts, read 297,235 times
I am a die hard Rangers Fan, but I I hope that the Isles stay in Brooklyn.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:48 PM

4,690 posts, read 8,713,924 times
Quote:
The Islanders were the best team in NY area sports in 2016 - only team to win a playoff series.
only one playoff series win in 20+ years means they're the worst area team. By a lot.
Quote:
How is that a disaster? The whole bad ice thing is an exacerbation, the last report was in early October on a hot Indian Summer day when it was close to 80F out.
Barclays was never meant for hockey. The arena is a disaster on many levels.
Quote:
They play in the hottest neighborhood in the country
and attendance is worst in the league.
Quote:
in an arena with unmatched transit options.
Quote:
Tickets are affordable
Quote:
the Isles have the best fans.
really? Let me know if you can find any. They're sure not going to watch the team.
Quote:
This article is BS either a plant by MSG communications or Barclays is just trying to renegotiate the lease.
or maybe Barclays realizes they can make more money with Disney on Ice?
Quote:
The islanders are staying put and are ready to make a bid to be the top team in the area.
will they even make the playoffs this year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City