Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 04:28 PM

5,035 posts, read 4,911,540 times

Advertisements

He is having a hard time settling into the DC lifestyle and culture and customs. One-term presidency is probably way too long for him to handle and we may well see him back in NYC in a year or so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 04:30 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,072,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
He is having a hard time settling into the DC lifestyle and culture and customs. One-term presidency is probably way too long for him to handle and we may well see him back in NYC in a year or so...
I could see him getting angry and threatening to quit, not sure if he would want to be remembered this way though. Guess time will tell.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:38 PM

5,035 posts, read 4,911,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I could see him getting angry and threatening to quit, not sure if he would want to be remembered this way though. Guess time will tell.
Do you know if pence will become the next president after trump quits or is forced to quit? I hope we don't have to go through another round of hell-like campaigns full of lies and insults.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:39 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,963,555 times
Quote:
I feel sorry for him. He is already having a tough time working with Republicans who hate him. He probably might resign if he screw things up. The Republicans want Pence, but Pence is worse than Trump. I would rather Trump over Pence to be honest, especially since Trump has leftist messages in his rhetoric such as Populism and against TPP and NAFTA. Trump has already heading to Mar a Lago to relax. He's probably like, this job is not eeasy, and everyone hates me.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:44 PM

9,239 posts, read 24,002,208 times
Quote:
Ya, especially since Melania doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with any of it either. Read something this weekend about how he spends his evenings by himself watching tv and wandering around the White House in his bathrobe.It sort of said he was feeling like a prisoner. Definitely could see him abandoning ship before 4 years is up.I don't think he ever gave any seriuos thought to actually being president until the day after the election.You could almost see it in his eyes in his first meting with Obama in the Oval Office right after the election . He was looking around the room and up at the ceiling and hed a kind of what the **** am I going to do now look in his eyes.

Last edited by bluedog2; 02-06-2017 at 05:24 PM..

Old 02-06-2017, 04:59 PM

954 posts, read 933,779 times
I think he's actually insanely jealous of Hillary. She's in the position where he wants to be; winner of the popular vote without the responsiblity of actually having do the job.

This job is like Trumps never ending nightmare. Checks and balances, people hating him, having to work with other people, dealing with poor people, living somewhere that's a step down from your current residence, public scrutiny, etc. Nothing at all like running a private company.

If he wasn't such a piece of ****, I'd actually feel sorry for him.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:18 PM

9,239 posts, read 24,002,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
I think he's actually insanely jealous of Hillary. She's in the position where he wants to be; winner of the popular vote without the responsiblity of actually having do the job.

This job is like Trumps never ending nightmare. Checks and balances, people hating him, having to work with other people, dealing with poor people, living somewhere that's a step down from your current residence, public scrutiny, etc. Nothing at all like running a private company.

And on top of it all , if he hangs around for 2 years it will be starting to become clear to him that the one thing that actually got him elected....The promise to have a 5% growth economy,near zero unemployment and substantial improvement in working peoples financial condition ....is not only not going to happen but the economy may actually be worse.

I feel sort of like Bronxguyanese. As bad as it looks things could get with Trump, Pence would be worse so right now no other choice than to hope for the best with Trump.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:25 PM

7,644 posts, read 6,432,375 times
I don't feel sorry for him. Instead of making america great again, he's going to turn it into a third world country.

People were hurting in the midwest and he took advantage of it. He just wants to be popular and be loved. They'll probably drive him out of nyc. I'm sure he'll hate living in middle america.

If he fails, we all suffer now. Plus, we might get pence which is even worse. Steve Bannon is basically a nazi. I don't want to die in the south china sea or in europe or the middle east.

Woman's reproductive rights will go back a generation and we'll have to pay for more prisons.

Where the hell is that infrastructure he promised?!

FDT!

"crooked" Hillary looks a lot better at this moment. Too bad gary johnson had no charisma. He had no baggage and he was sane.

tulsi gabbar or tammy duckworth 2020!

Kristen gillibrand is too anti-gun.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:29 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,116,884 times
I'm sure the Presidency is a completely different lifestyle from every other in the world. DC - NY has nothing to do with it. I would remind the little turnip head that he wanted to job and all the trappings that go along with it. Now he has it, He should just do his job and stop complaining about everything attached to it.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:33 PM

120 posts, read 90,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post

Yep!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City