Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 06:29 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,482,998 times

Advertisements

It was a great day. I am glad that you did well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 06:38 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,671 times
Steve, you CRACK ME UP, every day. I had to stop posting in the housing lottery threads because it has a tendency to get cat-fighty / Fight Club / [insert a sad story here] / and people being super weird and accusatory. Save that drama... if that means getting a lotto apartment, hells NO. I would love to be a modern day anthropologist who gets to study these housing lotteries in real life, post win.

You were talking about previously how you know how to color aluminum into any color you want!? from your career history and educational (or you said you were self taught, even better!).. You could teach a lot of people at all the rallies around the city how to make signs that stand the test of time and will not be discarded the next day on the curb as plastic or paper, but that can be re-aluminized from the practices you described in a previous post (if this is all in my head, i totally apologize, but i swear i read about this in this thread!? i hope). You could make some bank helping people make sturdy,reusbale, protest signs. We have to take our skills and used them to our best capacity! (i'm not there yet, but that's okay).

Old 03-18-2017, 09:26 AM

738 posts, read 585,463 times
You need an 18 volt DC power supply. You put the positive juice to the workpiece and the negative to a slab of lead, or aluminum. Doesn't much matter. In a bath of 15 - 18% sulfuric acid. You need lab grade, drain opener stuff won't do.

What this does is: makes an oxide coating on the Al. The metallic luster is retained. There are pores that are formed amidst the (roughly) hexagonal cells. That's what receives the dye.

Then, you dye it. Then, you apply a sealer. That dumps an oxide (either nickel, or magnesium) into the pores and seals the dye in.

You've all seen stuff like this; it's not painted. It's for real.

Guess I'm going to have to wait till I have some resources to do something about this. Can't seem to interest any artists in it. I had the damn power supply (you can make this with about 18 bucks worth of stuff from Radio Shack) and the dyes and everything but I lost everything when I got evicted.

Last edited by WildCardSteve1; 03-18-2017 at 09:41 AM..

Old 03-18-2017, 11:33 PM

28 posts, read 32,262 times
If only you'd really stop posting! Pathetic bully. It's not any fun to be abused online, is it?
If anybody has any questions, please check out the board for the 461 Dean St. apartment lottery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Steve, you CRACK ME UP, every day. I had to stop posting in the housing lottery threads because it has a tendency to get cat-fighty / Fight Club / [insert a sad story here] / and people being super weird and accusatory. Save that drama... if that means getting a lotto apartment, hells NO. I would love to be a modern day anthropologist who gets to study these housing lotteries in real life, post win.

You were talking about previously how you know how to color aluminum into any color you want!? from your career history and educational (or you said you were self taught, even better!).. You could teach a lot of people at all the rallies around the city how to make signs that stand the test of time and will not be discarded the next day on the curb as plastic or paper, but that can be re-aluminized from the practices you described in a previous post (if this is all in my head, i totally apologize, but i swear i read about this in this thread!? i hope). You could make some bank helping people make sturdy,reusbale, protest signs. We have to take our skills and used them to our best capacity! (i'm not there yet, but that's okay).

Old 03-24-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve1 View Post
You need an 18 volt DC power supply. You put the positive juice to the workpiece and the negative to a slab of lead, or aluminum. Doesn't much matter. In a bath of 15 - 18% sulfuric acid. You need lab grade, drain opener stuff won't do.

What this does is: makes an oxide coating on the Al. The metallic luster is retained. There are pores that are formed amidst the (roughly) hexagonal cells. That's what receives the dye.

Then, you dye it. Then, you apply a sealer. That dumps an oxide (either nickel, or magnesium) into the pores and seals the dye in.

You've all seen stuff like this; it's not painted. It's for real.

Guess I'm going to have to wait till I have some resources to do something about this. Can't seem to interest any artists in it. I had the damn power supply (you can make this with about 18 bucks worth of stuff from Radio Shack) and the dyes and everything but I lost everything when I got evicted.

I dreamed about this last night. Can't wait till I have a shop or someplace to do it.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I dreamed about this last night. Can't wait till I have a shop or someplace to do it.
Might have got it.

I posted an ad on CL looking for artist collaborators and someone responded. We might do some anodizing, I hope so.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Might have got it.

I posted an ad on CL looking for artist collaborators and someone responded. We might do some anodizing, I hope so.

I got a solid bite. Hope to meet with the guy Mon.

No cans today, or tomorrow either. Rain sucks.

Last edited by WildCardSteve1; 03-31-2017 at 10:01 AM..

Old 04-01-2017, 06:49 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,482,998 times
Quote:
I got a solid bite. Hope to meet with the guy Mon.

No cans today, or tomorrow either. Rain sucks.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:35 PM

Tomorrow should be good.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:08 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post

What happened to that guy? How many breeders pissed him off lately?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City