Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 06:23 AM

151 posts, read 154,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
no, it isnt a stupid suggestion, its about the only sensible on so far...

its too much aggravation to be making memos of when the banging started, calling police, etc.

life is to precious and too short to be bothered with this kind of nonsense.

move, save yourself the headache and trauma, move.....

So she should break her lease because she can't figure out how to adult?

Readingbthis thread is irritating. "Poor toddlers ears" and "headaches so you had to leave" a im just starting to believe it's BS.

Handle your situation. The management company is supppsed to send those tenants a letter saying they're violating their lease and it can be grounds for eviction. I refuse to believe nothing can be done so until the OP grows some balls - she's basically getting what she deserves at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 08:19 AM

7 posts, read 6,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmiella View Post
Thanks all for the suggestions. We're actively searching for apartments, but they are all available in a few months. Living like this is torture. The banging has continued and the landlord told us that they know we're right, but don't have any power to do anything other than offer some other apartment ( which we saw, but was terrible and much more expensive). I'm so afraid for my toddler's little ears as the pounding is continuing for hours over our heads early in the morning ( during quiet hours) and continuing till we leave the apartment (or they leave). I have a terrible headache and had to go live with relatives for a few days with my toddler to get away from all this stress.
Have you called the cops yet?

Old 04-05-2017, 08:20 AM

7 posts, read 6,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomis88 View Post

Readingbthis thread is irritating. "Poor toddlers ears" and "headaches so you had to leave" a im just starting to believe it's BS.

Handle your situation. The management company is supppsed to send those tenants a letter saying they're violating their lease and it can be grounds for eviction. I refuse to believe nothing can be done so until the OP grows some balls - she's basically getting what she deserves at this point.
Yeah, me too. The OP got a lot of good advice in this thread.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:23 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:

Yes, there's a lot of childishness going on.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:10 AM

65 posts, read 74,510 times
Quote:

I spoke to management with proofs and a paper trial MANY times. They even don't want to see proof, stating they believe us.
They stated that they spoke with the neighbors, but neighbors didn't stop their harassing.
Like everyone else said, only the police can handle it now.
I had to leave the apartment for a while due to all of this, and once I come back, I will have to report anything to police.
But as I stated before, I'm TERRIFIED of what might happen after I call police. They might harm us physically.
That's what kept me from going to police all this time.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:47 AM

65 posts, read 74,510 times
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I tried most, except going to police.
I stated the reasons for not going to police. I'm still living under those people and they have shady connections and I'm alone at night. My family's safety comes first. I also don't want the hassle of testifying/going to court/etc. I don't need all this in my life as I have my own problems to worry about.

Please don't mock me when I'm down. I came here for advice, not to be laughed at. Maybe you might think my decisions are not the best, but not everyone makes the best decisions under stress.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:48 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
Tell them to move if they don't like it.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:59 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
I stated the reasons for not going to police. I'm still living under those people and they have shady connections and I'm alone at night. My family's safety comes first. I also don't want the hassle of testifying/going to court/etc. I don't need all this in my life as I have my own problems to worry about.

Please don't mock me when I'm down. I came here for advice, not to be laughed at. Maybe you might think my decisions are not the best, but not everyone makes the best decisions under stress.

so then duh
whats the problem here?
move already.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:13 AM

419 posts, read 625,551 times
well its easy for you just move, or you call the cop for threaten your toddler, believe me when 911 hear toddlers they will be there in 2 mins.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:47 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:

You say "we" in the OP, so I'm guessing there's a husband/child's father. So why is this all on you? What has he done to rectify the situation or assure your safety?

There are just things to this story that don't add up, and you know it. You can't blame people for asking the obvious, and your excuses for not calling the police are, frankly, lame and hollow. There's some other reason you don't want the police at your house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City