Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 03:56 AM

106,557 posts, read 108,696,306 times

Advertisements

my favorite garden to photograph so far is longwood gardens in pa .

https://longwoodgardens.org/gardens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 05:22 AM

43,610 posts, read 44,341,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allthatsfit View Post
Just for the record - if you want the most beautiful garden in the city - it's neither of these. It's Wave Hill (also in The Bronx). You will feel like you are up in Rhinebeck.
I agree it has beautiful views of the Hudson river as well but it isn't as convenient to get to by public transportation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
And during blooming season the Brooklyn Botanical Garden is too crowded.
During the blooming season it is only worthwhile going on a weekday. Tuesdays there is free admission to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden and Wednesdays free admission to the grounds of the NYBG (Bronx).

Old 02-28-2017, 06:41 AM

37,119 posts, read 39,327,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I agree it has beautiful views of the Hudson river as well but it isn't as convenient to get to by public transportation.
CityTicket price for Metro-North on weekends. It's pretty cheap that way and there's usually two trains an hour on weekends.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:17 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,334,174 times
I'll second (third?) Wave Hill as a worthy destination in the Bronx Beautiful gaerdens and vistas. It would come as a surprise to many, but if you are in NYC and want a taste of natural beauty, head to the Bronx.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:00 PM

165 posts, read 122,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
CityTicket price for Metro-North on weekends. It's pretty cheap that way and there's usually two trains an hour on weekends.
Yes - and on the weekends - there is a free shuttle to the Metro North and also the #1 subway line

Old 02-28-2017, 10:02 PM

165 posts, read 122,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I'll second (third?) Wave Hill as a worthy destination in the Bronx Beautiful gaerdens and vistas. It would come as a surprise to many, but if you are in NYC and want a taste of natural beauty, head to the Bronx.
True... You can find real nature in Van Cortlandt and Pelham Bay Parks... Not the celebrity architect type like Central and Prospect Parks. Then you have the cleaned up Bronx River where you can canoe through wooded areas.
Staten Island has the Greenbelt though... That's the next biggest piece of nature in NYC. Then would be Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge in Queens.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:20 AM

43,610 posts, read 44,341,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
To Wavehill, there is a free van service connecting one to and fromthe subway once every hour at least on weekends. But I still think it is less convenient to go to than the Brookyn Botanical Garden or the Bronx/NYBG by public transportation.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:12 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,048,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
my favorite garden to photograph so far is longwood gardens in pa .

https://longwoodgardens.org/gardens

Yes, Longlwood Gardens is lovely (I lived in Chester, PA for a short time.)

Old 09-24-2017, 02:51 PM

60 posts, read 56,413 times
Default Longwood Garden

Just went to Longwood Garden in Kennet , PA. Its definitely world class.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:47 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,913,306 times
I've been to the NYBG a few times as my mom and sister are members. They can only convince me to go once a year or every other year haha, as I'm not really into outdoors or nature. We went this week for Chihuly Nights, an exhibition of glass work by artist Dale Chihuly. Really spectacular stuff. Afterward we went over to Little Italy for dinner - unbelievably, my first time there even though I was born and raised in the Bronx. We ate at a place called Arthur Avenue Fiasco - amazing food and reasonable prices. highly recommend! Dinner for 7 people, including 2 bottles of wine, was $300.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City