Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 08:30 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Especially with the early warm weather. People are now going nuts like never before.
Agreed. The characters are all coming out now. There will be more incidents sadly as things warm up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 08:37 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,671 times
quote:
Agreed. The characters are all coming out now. There will be more incidents sadly as things warm up.

STOP SHAMING SUMMER!

Old 02-24-2017, 08:38 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Yes yes yes. Here come the politicians to fix everything!
It's never the perpetrators fault (The people that keep voting them into office), no no. It must be something else... who else can we blame? Ah yes! Let's take their liquor license away and close them down! That will do it!

I'd like a politician to say "We will review the surveillance camera's. identify as many people as we can, and bring them to justice for their idiocy. Nope, not in this city. No such thing as personal responsibility here, just play the blame game.
Bill DeBlasio is a chicken****.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:39 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,671 times
All kidding aside, the best thing DeBlasio could do is to put working (obviously at no costs to the residents) AC units in all public housing. right? right? is this how we solve this issue? or is it just a band-aid?! Sometimes band-aids work, sometimes they don't.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:45 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
It's never the perpetrators fault (The people that keep voting them into office), no no. It must be something else... who else can we blame? Ah yes! Let's take their liquor license away and close them down! That will do it!

I'd like a politician to say "We will review the surveillance camera's. identify as many people as we can, and bring them to justice for their idiocy. Nope, not in this city. No such thing as personal responsibility here, just play the blame game.
You think any of the people in the video vote? Bwahahaha

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-24-2017, 08:49 PM

954 posts, read 939,392 times
I'm surprised it took this many replies for people to blame this on Deblasio

Old 02-24-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle View Post
Perhaps they should stop giving out alcohol like it was water.

Maybe I need to revisit City Island- I have been there and I wasn't too impressed with it.
I've never been to Seafood City but I've heard that it's considered the "McDonalds" of all the restaurants up there. My personal favorite is Sammy's, but who doesn't like Sammy's?

Old 02-24-2017, 09:21 PM

Schools are closed this week FYI

Old 02-24-2017, 10:14 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
Best time to go to City Island IMO is early on a weekday, when the kids are in school. That's when I try to go.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:20 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:

Well, I don't have a problem with them serving 5 or 10 more "strong" drinks to individuals who then destroy the place but I do have a major problem with them serving 5 or 10 extra drinks to already inebriated individuals who then get into the driver's seat and turn on the ignition. That's what's going on at that place.
So ya, if they won't stop serving to drunk people they should lose their license. Next person one of them kills could be someone in your family.

Restaurants and bars have a "personal responsibility " not to serve more alcohol to drunks just so they can rake in a bigger pile of cash.

Last edited by bluedog2; 02-24-2017 at 10:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City