Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 12:29 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BlJRtsQrgo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 12:40 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Are Trumps appointees lackey's too?

To be honest, loyalty is not to our President but to our Republic. I would hope that those in the IC leak information if they feel strongly enough that the Republic is being undermined.

I trust career intelligence agents more than politicians. That's an easy one.
You obviously do not have much of a grasp on vocabulary. Lackey is not an insult. It refers to someone working for another person so Obama's appointees are his lackeys and Trump's appointees are his lackeys.

The problem with your opinion regarding leaks is that you are relying on the individuals who may have their own political biases and affiliations to make the judgement on what is or isn't undermining the republic.

Trusting someone who is anonymous over someone who has to take responsibility for any consequences just show how poorly thought out your idea is.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
You're fooling yourself. Big businesses just get more creative in finding ways to drive down wages. There is nothing trump can do to better the blue collar class.
Typical liberal fail mindset. The president and federal government has tremendous powers in creating policies that promote business and job creation. Economy growing and jobs are what raise wages.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:50 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Bharara could have saved himself if he had indicted DeBlasio for a pay to play scheme involving contributions and favors.
I'm betting the next US attorney goes after DeBlasio on day one.
Bharara went after both the lead Republican and the lead Democrat in NYS. So if he went after de Blasio, what's to stop him from going after Trump? It's quite clearly why Bharara HAD to lose his job under this administration, and probably ANY administration. Not sure Hillary would have kept him around had she won, with her baggage.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Says the government worker. lol

Your cognitive dissonance is astounding. You've lived off the government teat your entire adult life. You want to shrink government? Start with yourself.

You can't speak about the size of government. You have an inherent conflict of interest. Just like the fake "intellectual" Paul Ryan. The guy has lived off of the government his entire adult life yet wants to pretend to fix it. How can you "fix" something when fixing it leads to your own destruction?

It's like wanting to eradicate prostitution while visiting a prostitute every night. It doesn't work.
One obvious way of reducing government would be to legalize drugs and end mass incarceration. But if that is done, you'd need a lot less cops.

That's why Airborneguy loves every Republican who says he is going to lock everyone up in jail and/or declare war on everyone. Anything that reduces the need for policeman or soldiers is a threat to the benefits he's gets.

Fortunately Trump doesn't care for the war on drugs (He's taking them himself), so marijuana legalization, plus the decriminalization of other drugs proceeds, plus stop and frisk is OVER.

Awesome post, btw and very well said.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Trump is going to bring back the good times!

Gradaute HS with poor grades, get a good paying factory job with great benefits and a pension. Do drugs, have sex while on the clock (go read about the GM factories in the 70's and 80's), and run high absenteeism rates at work all the while being protected by a corrupt union.

The good times will be back. I can assure you!
Or the coal mining industry has been wiped out due to the electric industry shifting away from coal to cleaning types of electrical generation. This is a worldwide shift and nothing that Trump can do anything about. Companies don't want to be blamed for pollution and have legal liabilities for using dangerous materials where they can avoid using them, and citizens do like to breathe and not get their lungs ruined.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Says the government worker. lol

Your cognitive dissonance is astounding. You've lived off the government teat your entire adult life. You want to shrink government? Start with yourself.

You can't speak about the size of government. You have an inherent conflict of interest. Just like the fake "intellectual" Paul Ryan. The guy has lived off of the government his entire adult life yet wants to pretend to fix it. How can you "fix" something when fixing it leads to your own destruction?

It's like wanting to eradicate prostitution while visiting a prostitute every night. It doesn't work.
Your logic fails. There is no conflict of interest if he is calling for his own disadvantage. He does not have a conflict of interest, he is actually being objective.

The more you post, the more your ignorance and shaky logic shows.

Old 03-12-2017, 01:31 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
One obvious way of reducing government would be to legalize drugs and end mass incarceration. But if that is done, you'd need a lot less cops.

That's why Airborneguy loves every Republican who says he is going to lock everyone up in jail and/or declare war on everyone. Anything that reduces the need for policeman or soldiers is a threat to the benefits he's gets.

Fortunately Trump doesn't care for the war on drugs (He's taking them himself), so marijuana legalization, plus the decriminalization of other drugs proceeds, plus stop and frisk is OVER.

Awesome post, btw and very well said.
I thougbt Trump, or at least Sessions, wanted to increase the war on drugs?

Plus, Trump wants nationwide stop and frisk.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:37 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I just spent the last 30 minutes over coffee researching broadway stars of the early 30's. The world is more complicated and interesting than the discussions happening on forums. You'd do well to learn that throwing around the word "stupid" on those you disagree with wins you nothing.

I published my first book in 2004. You?

See, I learned that lesson when I was 19 and living in a foreign country where the accents and languages of those I interacted with certainly did not dictate a lack of intelligence as many "stupid" people tend to assume. For some it just takes longer.

As for disagreeing with leftism, now that's the stupidest of all stupid markers for "stupid". Lol

Funnily enough, I never said anyone was stupid. Seems to me, guilty conscious arises.

Im not interested in "stats" of online board members. Nothing can be proven and therefore doesn't hold any merit to this conversation.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:51 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I knew YOU were lost once you started to put down anyone that didn't fall for the same liberal media propaganda that you did, as "not so smart" or "oblivious to the obvious."

DeVos graduated from college so you are wrong when you said "she has no education." She also has years of experience in education, serving as board members and chairpersons of various educational advocacy groups. Despite misleading opinion pieces from the NYTimes (anybody really think they are objective?) to the contrary, the Detroit Charter Schools are actually a success, outperforming public schools.

Tillerson's experience with international matters while at Exxon is an asset. He was actually recommended to Trump by Condolezza Rice because he was highly qualified. The problem with your leftist mindset is that everyone from a large corporation is automatically corrupt or self serving (except when they are from the Left, then they are selfless, LOL).

Jeff Sessions has a long track record for being a great AG and senator. Prosecuting both white and black criminals. Of course, the Left has tried to slander him because he is a staunch conservative.
Devos graduated from a CHRISTIAN university. That same position would have been held by someone with multiple master degrees at IVY League universities and extensive experience. Charter schools as a whole across the country has success more so than public schools due to private funding and the ability to PICK and CHOOSE what students are allowed into the school. Charter schools will leave many disadvantage kids, continually disadvantage. It doesn't solve the crisis public schools face just covers it up with selective statistics aka picking the right children. Coincidently, it also makes the rich people starting them even more rich. Mind like I said if you think the donations her and her family gave to the GOP did not play a factor into Trump's decision, here is another bridge.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/educ...ools/96718680/

"Poor-performing charter schools in Michigan continue to get renewed, time after time. According to a Free Press review, almost two-thirds of Michigan’s oldest charter schools, those open more than a decade, are in the bottom half of state rankings. Many critics point a finger at authorizers and the state, which sets no standards for when to close a school. Authorizers defend themselves vigorously, saying that they must give schools every chance to succeed."

"Two decades into Michigan's charter school experience, it's clear that some schools excel academically, others don't - and charters have not found the key to educating children in poverty. In other words, their results are similar in many ways to the traditional public schools they hoped to outperform."

Yup, Coretta Scott King tried to slander Jeff Sessions just because he is a staunch conservative. Sounds right

Leftist this and that is quite old right now. I know its catchy but it reeks of mind control, too much Breibert.

Tillerson has so much skeletons in his closet, no wonder his role as secretary of state has been bleak thus far (trying to stay under the radar in this circus). Large corporations has destroyed environments and oceans around the world for a dollar, specifically oil companies. So spare me, if I choose to look at facts to see that the people that run these companies doesn't care about anything but the almighty dollar. Im just waiting for sanctions on Russia to go away. Next news story.

Last edited by cheyenne2134; 03-12-2017 at 03:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City