Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 11:09 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
How soon we forget.

Sometimes I contemplate how poorly the NYC Department Of Education ill prepared it's students for life. Or even worse, how it taught/teaches them to become non conformist radical leftists with no conception of how a democracy works.

Civics 101. Should be taught in 7th grade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
You know this happens every time right?

Clinton fired every single Assistant Attorney on the same day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
If Preet is that good and 'apolitical' and can be actually trusted to act in the interests of the Trump administration, it is conceivable even if he is forced to resign that he may be on the list for rehire too. Who knows ... hold your horses a bit and let's just see what actually happens.

Right now, Trump deserves to and needs to get rid of those who would sabotage him. Apparently he can't be sure who those people are so many others may go too. If they know who is capable of or planning to or actually working against Trump, it would be in their interests to speak up but I gather they have not been.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Or that people don't know the LAW or the CONSTITUTION.

What Trump did here was perfectly legal.

To be honest if he and the Republican Congress demolish the Department of Education like they said they would, that is perfectly constitutional as well.

All this is besides the point.

When you run on "draining the swamp", how do you ask the guy who has done it best to resign?

I think this has more to do with his prosecution of Wall St. figures then his moves against politicians. They can't trust Preet to "fall in line" if/when **** hits the fan so they obviously can't keep him on.

Quote:
Thank god! The antithesis of Obama's anti-American "fundamental change" crew has come to demolish it all. The more the libbies whine, the better he's doing!
Says the person who works for the government. Fake "conservative" government workers in NYC. SI is the most conservative borough yet has the highest concentration of government worker leeches.

Resign and go get a real job and stop feeding from the public trough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 11:14 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
All this is besides the point.

When you run on "draining the swamp", how do you ask the guy who has done it best to resign?

I think this has more to do with his prosecution of Wall St. figures then his moves against politicians. They can't trust Preet to "fall in line" if/when **** hits the fan so they obviously can't keep him on.

Says the person who works for the government. Fake "conservative" government workers in NYC. SI is the most conservative borough yet has the highest concentration of government worker leeches.

Served!

Old 03-11-2017, 11:15 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
It is a pretty easy job to come off as being tough on Wall st post an industry manipulated financial crisis.
What a stupid comment.

If it's so easy, why didn't more AAG's do anything about it? There's a financial industry in every state and I'm sure if one looked real hard, they'd find dirt post 2007. Why didn't that happen?

How many financial industry players paid the price post 2007?

Old 03-12-2017, 06:02 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,146 times
Quote:
Thank god! The antithesis of Obama's anti-American "fundamental change" crew has come to demolish it all. The more the libbies whine, the better he's doing!
Lol that Mindset is so hilarious. But I realize there are a lot of not so smart people walking amoung us. That's why people are conned everyday, it's why pastors and church organizations are a money making machine.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:06 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post

Wall St isn't the swamp. The swamp that Trump is talking about is DC bureaucrats.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Okay, let's debate. Who in his cabinet is unqualified and corrupt? Are you getting your information from the liberal media, where Trump's every move is attacked?
Once you bring up "liberal" media rather than just focusing on blantant facts, I know you are lost. Just do a simple Google search on Devos, she has no education accept from a religious school, no masters, no experience except in charter schools which she tried already in Detroit (it didn't work). Donated millions to the GOP, you telling me no one was more qualified than her. Tillerson was a CEO of Exxon and if that's not self explanatory given the shady businesses of Exxon, I don't know what to tell you. Ben Carson admitted himself he's unqualified, that's why he didn't take a position offered at first. But then in a few weeks he became qualified to run HUD because he grew up on the projects like 50 years ago? Flynn, well he's already gone and he was the most qualified out of all his picks. Sessions shouldn't be anywhere near AG with his history. For some reason history and pass actions don't matter for certain people. I guess racism by white people is curable

Old 03-12-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Wall St isn't the swamp. The swamp that Trump is talking about is DC bureaucrats.
Wall St. is partly why many Americans can't get decent wages. But yup let's get all the politicians out and stick in CEOs that only care about making the most money possible for their wall st. Friends and stockholders. Wall St is partly to blame of why millions of Americans were unemployed. The stock market is a rich man's scamming paradise. Granted there were other deciding factors, I.E. political corruption that allowed the devils playground to continue without regulation. Deregulation doesn't work when ALOT of money is involved, banks can't be trusted, wall st can't be trusted, big businesses can't be trusted. History already taught us that. Go watch Inside Job, documentary of the crash of 08

Old 03-12-2017, 07:23 AM

37,145 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I've noticed that you have a tremendous amount of admiration towards taxpayer supported lawyers.
For essential features of our government that weeds out corruption and criminal elements from our government and businesses? Yea, I think I definitely do.

Old 03-12-2017, 07:46 AM

19,045 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa;

Uh. So?

I love my federal government (well now again at least). I even wore its uniform for 6 years, much of that spent overseas. It paid for my college not by backing a student loan like most tards, but because I earned it.

Our government has done amazing things over the past 239 years. My goal when casting my vote is to use that tiny sliver of people power to keep it doing so. Nowadays, that means voting agaunst disgusting, anti-American, freak-show loving leftist democrats. Personally I believe merely voting against them is not enough, but my government has yet to agree with me so it will have to do for now.

So whenever and wherever Trump decides to demolish leftist vestiges of Obama's garbage heap of an administration, I'm here to cheer on my government.

Old 03-12-2017, 07:47 AM

37,145 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Preet has prosecuted politicians and has done so aggressively and it looked like he was circling in on a certain third man in the room.

Also, I think wawaweewa was keeping the two things (draining the swamp and the potential reason for Preet's firing) separate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City