Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 07:04 AM

432 posts, read 551,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Pretty much what I would do if I was stopped and cited for tint. It's all part of the game bro. Here's how a hardcore ***** rolls. When I get my cars inspected now I tell the mechanic to take the tint off, inspect it, pass it, then send it to the tint shop (that he owns) and retint them. Here is my $100x4 and see you next year ya' prick bastard. ****ing guy is making money hand over fist because of this new "law."
That's a lot of work and money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 08:59 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubz View Post
That's a lot of work and money.
Not to me.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:00 AM

5,816 posts, read 2,943,117 times
I stopped putting tints on my car a while ago.
Do want to encourage the bastards to make money of me.

This country used to be free I hear. Whole lot of regulations these days.
I predict soon we will be told how much toilet paper we can use. Taking a dump on odd or even days depending on your birth day and so on.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:19 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,075,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post

this law also benefits the cops with an easy ticket, and an easier opportunity to stop you for nothing, just to check you out. this only leads to un warranted stops to bust you for whatever, so there is a down side.
This isn't new. This was already the law. Cops could already pull you over for illegal tint.
Now it means you can't go through inspection without complying with the law, which makes sense. I proposed this 10+ years ago.

Cops should actually end up with far less tickets since it won't be possible to get tints done unless you're willing to replace the tint job once a year.
It's no longer their discretion to write tickets.

Furthermore, since the law is now very clear- they can raise tint tickets a considerable sum.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:21 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,075,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I stopped putting tints on my car a while ago.
Do want to encourage the bastards to make money of me.

This country used to be free I hear. Whole lot of regulations these days.
I predict soon we will be told how much toilet paper we can use. Taking a dump on odd or even days depending on your birth day and so on.
This isn't a country wide issue. Some states are overprotective, some far more lax.
Tint Laws

Old 10-22-2017, 12:26 PM

54 posts, read 53,764 times
NY tint law is retarded. Why is there such a difference between cars and suvs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0d2JaTWa4o

Old 10-22-2017, 12:55 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,840 times
All of the undercover police cars at every single precinct in the city have extremely dark 10% tint on all of the windows of the car, usually black Chevrolet Impala"s and Ford Fusion's.

I also saw some US Army Suburban's with full tint.

Seems that the rules don't apply to those in charge of enforcing them.

The reason that Cuomo decided to start enforcing the law at yearly inspections is for officer safety when they approach a car.

I believe there was a case a few years ago in Brooklyn where the officers approached a pulled over vehicle with full tint and the driver shot and killed an officer.

I get that it's an officer safety issue, but they need to practice what they preach and pull the tint film off the front windows of their UC cars. They aren't fooling anyone.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:30 PM

387 posts, read 515,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deihmos View Post
NYS has a new rule for tints and it will be inspected during the useless yearly inspection. Today I received a ticket from a cop with nothing better to do. Can I remove the tint for the ticket to be dismissed? Anyone had any experience?
I know in NYC they have check points that look for tint on Windows , have had for years. State Police also enforce it. I think you have to consider the police & the reasons they enforce the tint issue. If you make a stop and are visually impaired when approaching a vehicle it increases the chance for a possible bad ending. Now with the State Inspection it will reduce getting fined if you weren't aware. The issue with different State Laws is interesting, they allow cars from out of state with only one plate to drive in NYS, ( NYS has 2 plates ) so why not tint if it's legal elsewhere.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:43 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,209,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-staten island View Post
I know in NYC they have check points that look for tint on Windows , have had for years. State Police also enforce it. I think you have to consider the police & the reasons they enforce the tint issue. If you make a stop and are visually impaired when approaching a vehicle it increases the chance for a possible bad ending. Now with the State Inspection it will reduce getting fined if you weren't aware. The issue with different State Laws is interesting, they allow cars from out of state with only one plate to drive in NYS, ( NYS has 2 plates ) so why not tint if it's legal elsewhere.
where are these checkpoints? never seen them

Old 10-22-2017, 03:27 PM

54 posts, read 53,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
All of the undercover police cars at every single precinct in the city have extremely dark 10% tint on all of the windows of the car, usually black Chevrolet Impala"s and Ford Fusion's.

I also saw some US Army Suburban's with full tint.

Seems that the rules don't apply to those in charge of enforcing them.

The reason that Cuomo decided to start enforcing the law at yearly inspections is for officer safety when they approach a car.

I believe there was a case a few years ago in Brooklyn where the officers approached a pulled over vehicle with full tint and the driver shot and killed an officer.

I get that it's an officer safety issue, but they need to practice what they preach and pull the tint film off the front windows of their UC cars. They aren't fooling anyone.
This is just laughable they say it is for police safety. If that is the case then why didn't they pass a law to make all vehicles equal? Why do all cars have to have all side windows to be 70% (basically no tint) for light to pass through while SUVs, Mini Vans, Vans, and Trucks can have a much greater tint level on the side passenger windows. Is it because criminals don't use those vehicles? From what I understand the police officer that was killed on a traffic stop was a criminal driving a BMW(SUV).

If they are going to enforce this law on citizens, government officials and law enforcement need to follow as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City