Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 04:28 PM

5 posts, read 12,109 times

Advertisements

Hey there! So I applied for a housing lottery in Long Island City (2222 Jackson Avenue) back in October or so. I received the log # 5,9XX (I also have CB Preference, 50%) and was invited to interview last week. They asked me for a bunch of information, such as last 6 pay stubs, rent receipts, bank statements, etc.

I went to the interview, but I thought it be different. All they did was ask for all those documents I mentioned above and then said they'd get back to me in 5-8 weeks.

So now my question is: what are my chances of getting an apartment now that I went through this whole process? Will they call me back for a second interview or was this just to see if all my paperwork checks out so I can sign a lease?

All I do is think about this haha, so it would be great to know if I can expect some good news soon!!

Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 07:46 AM

87 posts, read 140,565 times
Sounds like you have a good chance at getting the apt. They are gonna process your paperwork it takes months to a yr before they call you for an interview and then they take months after they get all your paperwork to go thru it and process....they may ask for additional it's draining but worth it. You just have to have patience, don't get discouraged and don't think about it too much. I also applied for this building but my log number is like 50K and I'm no preference.....so it's gonna be a while for me that's if they ever get to me. I wanna move into that building as well....but if it doesn't happen for me then it's not meant to be.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:16 PM

I got a rejection letter by e-mail today saying I make too much . The only reason I make too much, though, is because I did some over time while someone was away on vacation and will not be offered any over time for the rest of the year, which would place me in the income brackets. I sent in an appeal. Do you think there's any chance that they'll hear me out and recalculate my income based on those circumstances?

Old 04-20-2017, 06:44 PM

274 posts, read 486,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliasteph View Post
I got a rejection letter by e-mail today saying I make too much . The only reason I make too much, though, is because I did some over time while someone was away on vacation and will not be offered any over time for the rest of the year, which would place me in the income brackets. I sent in an appeal. Do you think there's any chance that they'll hear me out and recalculate my income based on those circumstances?
They usually go based on what's on your paperwork unfortunately. Best of luck though.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:47 PM

63 posts, read 110,709 times
I appealed twice and was finally approved. So fingers crossed!

Old 05-01-2017, 07:29 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,466,416 times
If you can show that the OT was temporary, you have a good chance. If you get rejected again, you can still appeal through HPD. You might want to get a letter from you employer stating that your OT came from your filling in for someone, and will never happen again. If you have to appeal a second time to HPD, present a letter with the second appeal. Good luck.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:42 AM

Should I call them and see what the update on the appeal is? My boss did write a letter stating that the overtime was temporary and would never happen again, etc. They e-mailed me on 4/26 to say they had received it. Since then, I've heard nothing. I don't want to annoy them, but I also want to know if they've come to a final decision or not...

Old 05-04-2017, 07:20 AM

250 posts, read 378,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliasteph View Post
Should I call them and see what the update on the appeal is? My boss did write a letter stating that the overtime was temporary and would never happen again, etc. They e-mailed me on 4/26 to say they had received it. Since then, I've heard nothing. I don't want to annoy them, but I also want to know if they've come to a final decision or not...
I would contact them for a status update on your appeal.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:56 PM

Okay, so I got in contact with them and they rejected my appeal again stating my income is over their limit. I guess now I appeal to HPD directly and hope for the best?

Old 05-08-2017, 05:38 PM

201 posts, read 292,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
If you can show that the OT was temporary, you have a good chance. If you get rejected again, you can still appeal through HPD. You might want to get a letter from you employer stating that your OT came from your filling in for someone, and will never happen again. If you have to appeal a second time to HPD, present a letter with the second appeal. Good luck.
do you know where i can send the appeal for HPD? I've been rejected for another apartment due to the same reason as the women above and would like to appeal, because when they did the calculations i was 600$ over.. which is just frustrating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: