Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 09:43 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,927,870 times

Advertisements

Wait... Nobody is flocking to apply for affordable housing in Brownsville yet??

Affordable housing lottery in Brownsville, Brooklyn, opens | am New York

I will sit and wait for the log number thread..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 09:49 AM

965 posts, read 1,113,365 times
Trust.

60% of this board wouldn't touch Brownsville with a 10 foot pole.
30% of the board make too much to qualify.
5% of the board don't make enough to qualify.

And the rest? Well, they're the rest.

You might as well use this thread as the log number thread when they post, though that might take some time.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Trust.

60% of this board wouldn't touch Brownsville with a 10 foot pole.
30% of the board make too much to qualify.
5% of the board don't make enough to qualify.

And the rest? Well, they're the rest.

You might as well use this thread as the log number thread when they post, though that might take some time.
Although I totally agree, but this building is actually in a little calmer section.. Still surrounded by the projects. Its smack next door to the public library.. steps form the subway and/or bus. Supermarket right up the street... Seems to be adequate parking over there. Simply can't change the fact that its in the hood. But does have surrounding options..

Old 03-28-2017, 01:04 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,884,494 times
I would live there for $50 a month.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:11 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times
I rather be homeless in Ridgewood. I'm serious.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:13 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,047,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
I would live there for $50 a month.
Your log number is 1.2 X 10^10.

Seriously, I almost LOL at work when I came across the thread title which sounded like a pun. This is probably the second or third affordable lottery thread I've clicked on.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:23 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
I'm sure plenty of people will happily live in Brownsville at this point. If I could live there for like 400 dollars a month or less, I would.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:24 PM

Whats the saying? "Beggars can't be choosers"

As it defines: People with no other options must be content with what is offered!

Old 03-28-2017, 01:35 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,047,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I'm sure plenty of people will happily live in Brownsville at this point. If I could live there for like 400 dollars a month or less, I would.
Wellbit ain't $400, one bedrooms are going for close to $900. And the income to qualify would place you as part of the 1% in Brownsville.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:21 PM

965 posts, read 1,113,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayLove View Post
Although I totally agree, but this building is actually in a little calmer section.. Still surrounded by the projects. Its smack next door to the public library.. steps form the subway and/or bus. Supermarket right up the street... Seems to be adequate parking over there. Simply can't change the fact that its in the hood. But does have surrounding options..
And that's what I care about the most. Ease of access. I already landed a unit in Mott Haven (another hood in the Bronx), but it's a brand new building near "The Hub" shopping center, minutes away from everything I could possibly need including the subway for $847 a month.

There is also a new development coming up two blocks away called La Central (there's a thread about that in this forum), which I plan on moving to if I still qualify. So living in the community board now will have some merit to moving into that cute little development.

I earn 60% AMI so I qualify for pretty much every development. There are a few that I REALLY REALLY want (American Copper / 250 Ashland) but I didn't want to turn down Brook Avenue for something that may never happen. I'm a beggar, so I won't be choosy. I already live in Mott Haven, so I'm used to it. Love the fact that I have my own place now and don't have to answer to anyone but myself. No annoying roommates, and no relatives asking me to do a million things.

So while many people won't go for neighborhoods like Brownsville or Mott Haven, I didn't really care if it means I can live alone. I'm 27, I'm over answering to people. I just wanted my own space, and got it.

Anywho, to those who applied, good luck. The less who apply is just better odds for you getting selected. Everyone has a preference, which is completely fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: