Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 03:50 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,890 times

Advertisements

Again, bad information from a marketing agent. Your debt-to-credit ratio can keep you from getting the apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 10:43 AM

3 posts, read 3,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe1471 View Post
Have fun! i got called months and months ago! make a copy of everything you give them. They are so slow and unorganized. Make sure they do your calculations the right away. GOOD LUCK i know how you feel. I was in that office about 9 times to later get denied for something that was out of my hands. Appealed to HPD took 3 months to hear back from hpd and the CB units were all assigned. Worst feeling ever. I finally know the feeling of hating someone or something and thats 325 Kent people!
Thanks JoeJoe1471. I feel like I’ve done about all that i can do. Now i hope and wait. You were there 9 times! Amazing! To be denied after going through of all that is not cool at all. I hope that you find an even better place after dealing with that.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:46 AM

3 posts, read 3,878 times
Good luck! My credit sucks too, so we are both dealing with the same issues. Maybe we get lucky and get in anyway. One can always hope.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:12 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalBoy View Post
I had my interview. My income says I’m eligible for a studio. I had to get
Some documents notarized and now I’m waiting for them to get verification back from my employer and current landlord. They haven’t ran my credit yet but the lady says even tho I have a lot of debt it won’t stop me from getting the apartment. So right now it’s just a waiting game. I’ll keep everyone posted of my journey.
I don't know why she would tell you that without having run your credit. This is really bad information. Your credit score alone will not keep you from getting an apartment, but your monthly debt to income ratio will! You can only have 30% or less debt per month **and** this includes your rent tagged on top!

You should absolutely calculate what your monthly rent is *PLUS* the new rent, and if it's over 30% of what you make a month, you are OUT. Sorry to be so blatant, but you don't need to get your hopes up high and then shot down like that. The lady you interviewed with certainly hasn't read the marketing handbook.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:36 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I don't know why she would tell you that without having run your credit. This is really bad information. Your credit score alone will not keep you from getting an apartment, but your monthly debt to income ratio will! You can only have 30% or less debt per month **and** this includes your rent tagged on top!

You should absolutely calculate what your monthly rent is *PLUS* the new rent, and if it's over 30% of what you make a month, you are OUT. Sorry to be so blatant, but you don't need to get your hopes up high and then shot down like that. The lady you interviewed with certainly hasn't read the marketing handbook.
I made a mistake - it's not 30% but 50%. Thirty percent is for the entire debt load per year

Old 11-10-2017, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,332 times
How do I check check to see if my name was called for an 80/20 apartment lottery?

Old 11-16-2017, 08:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,276 times
Default What was your interview like?

Hi there,

I have my interview for 325 Kent next week-what was it like? I looked everywhere on here but Haven’t found a post that’s given me a feel of what it might be like, for this building at least. My interview is scheduled for 9:30 am and I am supposed to be at work in Manhattan by 3pm-it wasn’t a multiple-hour ordeal for you, I hope! I’m also just shy and nervous about this whole thing so I would love it if you could share your experience with a little more detail.

Thanks,
Maria

Old 11-20-2017, 08:49 AM

65 posts, read 82,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1979 View Post
Thanks JoeJoe1471. I feel like I’ve done about all that i can do. Now i hope and wait. You were there 9 times! Amazing! To be denied after going through of all that is not cool at all. I hope that you find an even better place after dealing with that.
Stay positive I guess... Im still applying for other places thank you ! hopefully something better

Old 01-27-2018, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,050 times
Good evening everyone;
I went apt interview last week, the only problem with my application is/was i apply for 2br with my kids but i get my kids 50/50 with mother. does anyone have an ideas how the rules are in this situation? the ladies interview me say she will ask her supervisor.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,225 times
Default Application process

Hi,
I was contacted for a 1 bedroom at 325 Kent. Has nyone moved in yet? Also what can I do to help my application. I noticed that the interview process has been going on for over a year now. Please advise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: