Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 06:39 PM

8 posts, read 5,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
I should preface this by saying I very seldomly have anything nice to say about East Harlem. BUT! I just had 2 slices from a 99c pizza joint on 116th & 3rd. It was decent. WAY BETTER than 2 Bros. The crust was soft. Somewhat decent sauce. Flavor was ok. Tastes like real cheese. Very decent.

If you're at 116th and 3rd, why not just walk over a few blocks and go to Patsy's?

Last time I checked, slices were $1.75 (Have they gone up?)

Patsy's slices are small-ish, but the massive upgrade in quality (from "mediocre-plus" to "arguably the best in the city") makes up for the small size and extra 75 cents, IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 06:06 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
You haven't lived until you have dug into a pipin' hot slice of Chef Boy-R-Dee pizza!

Yeah, My fave is homemade: A can of Chef-Boy-R-Dee Spaghetti on a slice of Wonder Bread. Yumm. Leftovers can be used to kill roaches.

I seem to remember $2.25/plain slice at Patsy's. (It's a hike from Third Avenue to Patsy's)

Oh hey, HUIH. Now I know the spot you are talking about. Right at the bus stop. Next time I hit up Aldi's (monthly) but I have a recommendation for you for that nabe: Walk over to First Ave. and between 116th and 115th (East side of the Avenue) there is a terrific Fish and Chips joint...choice of fish. Huge portions, wonderful lunch deal in the afternoon. You won't be sorry if you love fish and chips as much as I do.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:39 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF Gauss View Post
If you're at 116th and 3rd, why not just walk over a few blocks and go to Patsy's?

Last time I checked, slices were $1.75 (Have they gone up?)

Patsy's slices are small-ish, but the massive upgrade in quality (from "mediocre-plus" to "arguably the best in the city") makes up for the small size and extra 75 cents, IMO
I love Patsys. The slices aren't 1.75 though. They're like 2 and change. Milanos pizza on 2nd, followed by la Nostra, and patsys are the 3 best in the east Harlem area. There's another one I wanna try on 3rd but I don't think it's good. It's around 118th street

Old 04-09-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Yeah, My fave is homemade: A can of Chef-Boy-R-Dee Spaghetti on a slice of Wonder Bread. Yumm. Leftovers can be used to kill roaches.

I seem to remember $2.25/plain slice at Patsy's. (It's a hike from Third Avenue to Patsy's)

Oh hey, HUIH. Now I know the spot you are talking about. Right at the bus stop. Next time I hit up Aldi's (monthly) but I have a recommendation for you for that nabe: Walk over to First Ave. and between 116th and 115th (East side of the Avenue) there is a terrific Fish and Chips joint...choice of fish. Huge portions, wonderful lunch deal in the afternoon. You won't be sorry if you love fish and chips as much as I do.
Kefir I was apprehensive about trying that spot. Didn't know if it was legit or not. Try K&m fish market. has a blue awning between 105 & 106. Fish and chips are maybe $6, $6.50 Asian owned. They're right at the M15 local bus stop. If you have a extra $20 to part with I highly recommend Milk Burger which is steps away from the fish spot

Old 04-09-2017, 10:16 AM

983 posts, read 931,684 times
Quote:
I love Patsys. The slices aren't 1.75 though. They're like 2 and change. Milanos pizza on 2nd, followed by la Nostra, and patsys are the 3 best in the east Harlem area. There's another one I wanna try on 3rd but I don't think it's good. It's around 118th street
You probably mean New Yorkers pizza, which is on 3rd ave between 118th and 119th. It used to be Yankees Pizza, which sucked, and closed from for about half a year and recently reopened as New Yorkers which is pretty good.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
You probably mean New Yorkers pizza, which is on 3rd ave between 118th and 119th. It used to be Yankees Pizza, which sucked, and closed from for about half a year and recently reopened as New Yorkers which is pretty good.
YES! That's it. Listen, if NYPD is not posted up at a pizza shop, it CAN'T be good. They were NOT at Yankees. Idk if they're rollin thru New Yorkers but lmao

Old 04-09-2017, 09:16 PM

8 posts, read 5,691 times
Quote:

Oh wow, I didn't know that the price went up. When I last went to Patsy's, a few months ago, slices were still $1.75. Anyway, I still think the upgrade in quality over any dollar slice is worth the extra money.

I think Patsy's is unique in that it is one of the few legendary pizza places in NYC that:

1. Offers pizza by the slice rather than only selling whole pies

2. Doesn't rip off customers (I'm thinking of Di Fara and it's small, $5 slices)

Old 04-09-2017, 09:57 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,567,806 times
One thing I've learned- most pizzerias will sell you premade dough if you ask. A lot of the bigger grocery stores also have it. I grab that and some fresh mozzarella. Everything else I have on hand usually. I use Rachel Ray's pizza sauce recipe and freeze it in big batches. Then I break out the pizza stone and turn up the oven as hot as I can get it. Bake, add a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh basil (I grow mine on the windowsill). It's cheap and delish... plus nice to have when you don't feel like paying for delivery or going out. I can make 10 slices for like $5 total and they're excellent. If you're willing to make the dough from scratch it's even cheaper. I refuse to eat pizza that's been sitting in a window for God-knows-how-long... it's just usually not that good and has made me sick on more than one occasion. There are obviously exceptions but overall that's my experience. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to start making my own dough as well. Once you learn about organic vs. regular it kind of wakes you up as to what you're really putting in your body. Businesses are concerned with profit, not your health. The sauce is typically loaded in cheaper slices with huge amounts of sugar and salt. There is zero nutritional value to the dough and it is full of pesticides, GMOs, and is bleached. The cheese is generally not even real cheese but mostly oil and additives. There's no 'deal' in that, it just wreaks havoc on the body.

Last edited by EastBoundandDownChick; 04-09-2017 at 10:21 PM..

Old 04-11-2017, 06:40 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
One thing I've learned- most pizzerias will sell you premade dough if you ask.

Coward.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:18 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,049 times
Default Behind Manh Family Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
The corner of Chambers and Church is the best pizza in Tribeca. If I'm not hitting up the dollar spots, thats where I go.
Is that the one near Manhattan Family Court? My previous job had me in the area every other week. If it's the one I think it is, although I thought it was on W. Broadway and Church or one of those narrow streets in that area, it is very good pizza! Didn't know it was still in business. I haven't been in over two years now since I changed my place of employment and now working out of state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City