Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 11:21 AM

37 posts, read 44,330 times

Advertisements

I was selected for an interview for an apartment in the rockaways, I currently live in the area however I live in a studio with my 3 children. I submitted all my paperwork now I'm just waiting for HPD response can anyone tell me how long will it take, or someone In the same process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 11:43 AM

236 posts, read 446,057 times
I am not going for this building but I am going for another one and it appears every development is different but this is a long slow process nonetheless. My process so far has been 3 months and I haven't heard much and the building is still under construction.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:53 PM

351 posts, read 502,493 times
It all depends they say usually HPD?HDC takes about 2 weeks but I have heard it can go for longer or 3 to 5 days. It all depends who is in charge to review your file in my opinion.

Old 04-04-2017, 03:37 PM

23 posts, read 28,386 times
the process really depends on the person that get your file. i am currently waiting on two developments to get back to me. i been going through these interviews for years. what i learned with this is to continue to reach out to them. call the management to see where they are at with your file. once it goes to hpd then it a waiting game but if the building is ready to fill they should move quickly at hpd. i applied for something in 2013, just got called bc they were waiting on approvals for the property. what i can say is check you credit report. usually a credit check is done, also check with your employment hr to see if they sent in forms to verify your employment.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:34 PM

37 posts, read 44,330 times
they checked my credit report, HR, its all the person I Believe because last week I was called for another development and I got approved from HPD in less than a week and I'm moving on the 28th.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:11 PM

351 posts, read 502,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambarvillar1 View Post
they checked my credit report, HR, its all the person I Believe because last week I was called for another development and I got approved from HPD in less than a week and I'm moving on the 28th.
What development was this? That was awfully quick congratulation!! I believe the same thing it's all the person in charge of your case. The who works with them through HDC/HPD.....Did you go see the apartment yet? When you do don't forget pictures we all live for the pictures!!!

Old 04-17-2017, 01:16 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,025,153 times
I was also called for this development but not taking it. Far Rockaway is just too far for me, plus it's too by the ocean in case another Hurricane Katrina/Sandy/Andrew were to hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City