Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 01:15 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,706,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Those cash boxes are going to be gone by the end of 2017 actually. I think the midtown tunnel and Brooklyn battery tunnel are already cashless and the Tappan Zee has been for awhile now. They bulldozed the toll plaza
Tappan Zee went booth-less last year, but IMO that's a real problem for car/uhaul rentals because those companies all charge a hefty surcharge for "toll processing"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 01:26 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Did you just not read that I get paid (reimbursed) every week? That means that I put in my expenses for this week, this week and get paid next week. I can't wait for the monthly statements. Our company doesn't work the same as yours.
So you can get to this forum on the web but you can't go to the EZpass website and print out daily reports. Your post doesn't make any sense.

The EZpass website is updated every few minutes with usage info. You can email your boss the report everyday if you want to.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:38 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,276,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
So you can get to this forum on the web but you can't go to the EZpass website and print out daily reports. Your post doesn't make any sense.

The EZpass website is updated every few minutes with usage info. You can email your boss the report everyday if you want to.
I get the impression that he's saying that his company won't accept that, not that he can't or isn't capable of doing it that way. They want physical receipts, which he's tried to explain to you numerous times, not print-outs from a website, but you keep hassling him anyway. I would just drop it and accept the idea that his company operates in an old-fashioned manner.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:48 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,706,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I get the impression that he's saying that his company won't accept that, not that he can't or isn't capable of doing it that way. They want physical receipts, which he's tried to explain to you numerous times, not print-outs from a website, but you keep hassling him anyway. I would just drop it and accept the idea that his company operates in an old-fashioned manner.
If I'm that guy I use EZ pass and take the risk the company won't pay me back. Completely worth it

And as is usually the case, "the company" is usually some busybody ignoramous in accounting who doesn't have a clue about anything and if you complain one step up the ranks everything gets sorted out

Old 04-26-2017, 01:50 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,276,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
If I'm that guy I use EZ pass and take the risk the company won't pay me back. Completely worth it

And as is usually the case, "the company" is usually some busybody ignoramous in accounting who doesn't have a clue about anything and if you complain one step up the ranks everything gets sorted out
It's true ,but what can you do? If the guy wants to be reimbursed promptly, he does it the old-fashioned way, otherwise he makes a stink and eats the cost until accounting figures it out.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:50 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,064,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
It's true ,but what can you do? If the guy wants to be reimbursed promptly, he does it the old-fashioned way, otherwise he makes a stink and eats the cost until accounting figures it out.
They'll have to figure it out soon because there will be no tolls or paper receipts in another 6 mos.
Surprised the accounting dept hasn't figured out yet that tolls are about 40% less when you use EZ pass. They are squandering a bundle with their stupid receipt requirement.

Wonder what they'll do with the rates though when all the toll gates are gone ? Something tells me there will no longer be nearly as big a discount.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:17 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Agreed. Those stupid arm things come down and slow down all the traffic. I go over the VZ roundtrip twice a week. Almost every day there is some idiot in the wrong lane or who has a problem that causes the arm to block them.
And there was one today...

Old 04-26-2017, 05:39 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And there was one today...
I'm so happy that we have the one long bar down south that is above all the lanes except one that has in big letters "A-holes w/o EZpass pull fricken right".

Old 04-27-2017, 10:54 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post

Well as others have mentioned, there will be no more toll booth lanes. You will get a bill in the mail each month to pay for your usage. It's gonna hurt a lot of uneducated and uninformed folks who don't pay their bills online or have no bank acct they have to buy an extra money order each month.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:36 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Well as others have mentioned, there will be no more toll booth lanes. You will get a bill in the mail each month to pay for your usage. It's gonna hurt a lot of uneducated and uninformed folks who don't pay their bills online or have no bank acct they have to buy an extra money order each month.
fwiw: Currently outside the NYC area, EZpass is connected to a credit card and each time it drops below it's threshold amount it pulls funds from the CC. Itemized statements, if requested, arrive in the mail every three months and not monthly (as stated earlier in this thread one can easily print it from online or drop it into excel).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City