Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 10:09 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,359,448 times

Advertisements

We all know who I'm referring too.

I'll start with a few examples for ****s and giggles.

-"Progressive" but live in all white neighborhoods.

-"Progressive" but threaten WW3 if their schools are slated for rezoning/ integration.

-"Progressive" but most of their friends are white but hey, they have a black/Hispanic friend who just so happens to serve them coffee every morning.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:22 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,441,390 times
There aren't that many all white neighborhoods in NYC.

No one literally threatens WW3, at most they try to organize a push against it, but when it comes to schooling for your kids, pushback is neither the sole domain of white people or progressives though I understand the irony you're pointing out.

The workforce, even higher up, has become a lot more diverse and it's a lot more likely for people to have friends of different ethnic backgrounds who aren't just the people who wait on you in the service industry. Plus there's a lot of interracial dating where even if you yourself aren't dating someone of a different background, you've at least got a decent odds of being acquainted with someone who does and who you then become friends with.

I can see individual cases of what you're saying, but I'm not seeing the larger overall trend. Then again, I'm of a non-white background and hang out and work with a lot of people who identify as progressive and are white, so I by default can have a sampling bias.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:32 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,490,737 times
I agree with OyCrumbler.

I dona't think many liberal whites have all white friend groups, except for older Manhattanites maybe.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
There aren't that many all white neighborhoods in NYC.

No one literally threatens WW3, at most they try to organize a push against it, but when it comes to schooling for your kids, pushback is neither the sole domain of white people or progressives though I understand the irony you're pointing out.

The workforce, even higher up, has become a lot more diverse and it's a lot more likely for people to have friends of different ethnic backgrounds who aren't just the people who wait on you in the service industry. Plus there's a lot of interracial dating where even if you yourself aren't dating someone of a different background, you've at least got a decent odds of being acquainted with someone who does and who you then become friends with.

I can see individual cases of what you're saying, but I'm not seeing the larger overall trend. Then again, I'm of a non-white background and hang out and work with a lot of people who identify as progressive and are white, so I by default can have a sampling bias.
Aren't many all white neighborhoods in NYC? Do you get around NYC?
*don't take "all white" to mean 100% literally white. No neighborhood in NYC is 100% any single ethnicity especially when there is public housing involved.

Let's list some:

Park Slope
Brooklyn Heights
Dumbo
Boerum Hill
Carroll Gardens
UES
UWS

Furthermore, at least a handful of neighborhoods (mostly in Brooklyn and Upper Manhattan) are well on their way to joining the list above.

Your claim of workforce diversity is nonsense. No offense (I'm white and I frankly don't care that much about it) but study after study has proven this.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I agree with OyCrumbler.

I dona't think many liberal whites have all white friend groups, except for older Manhattanites maybe.
lol, are we being serious here?

Old 07-12-2017, 10:44 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,441,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Aren't many all white neighborhoods in NYC? Do you get around NYC?
*don't take "all white" to mean 100% literally white. No neighborhood in NYC is 100% any single ethnicity especially when there is public housing involved.

Let's list some:

Park Slope
Brooklyn Heights
Dumbo
Boerum Hill
Carroll Gardens
UES
UWS

Furthermore, at least a handful of neighborhoods (mostly in Brooklyn and Upper Manhattan) are well on their way to joining the list above.

Your claim of workforce diversity is nonsense. No offense (I'm white and I frankly don't care that much about it) but study after study has proven this.
I'm going to sleep now, but I'll say that these are still only a handful of neighborhoods and even as they are majority white, they are not all white though are generally progressive leaning save for maybe UES.

Study after study of the NYC workforce? Back that up, because I'm not seeing it. Keep in mind, you have the restriction you introduced of the people needing to be progressive.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I'm going to sleep now, but I'll say that these are still only a handful of neighborhoods and even as they are majority white, they are not all white.

Study after study of the NYC workforce? Back that up, because I'm not seeing it.
As I've clarified, there aren't any "all"-anything neighborhoods in NYC. If your definition is 100% single ethnicity then you're just being intellectually dishonest. Even Howard Beach isn't 100% white but it's definitely a white neighborhood. Same with Mill Basin and Bergen Beach.

As for the lack of diversity in corporate workforces, especially in highly skilled and well paying industries, it's a well accepted fact. Just google all of the studies. Why do you think many Corporates have diversity initiatives?

Fun Fact: Corporate diversity initiatives went from minority initiatives to a broadly based women initiative in the last few years. Why? The answer isn't complicated.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:09 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,492 times
Is this a debate club?

I've always wondered what your name means wawaweewa. It reminds me of the teacher speaking in Charlie Brown cartoons on TV. Are you a Peanuts fan? I love Snoopy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

Old 07-13-2017, 01:28 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
NYC is a fairly liberal city and is the capitol of the SJW. Vast majority of these SJW are fake white liberals, and black face white liberals. Both groups are two faced, classist and closet racist. Even though great strides have been made in the NYS professional sphere from blue collar, to white collar and every thing in between. Undertones, favoritism, and nepotism exist in the work place. You might see one or two minorities in upper management, but most of upper management is white.

It does not matter what race they are, the liberal progressive sjw speak the same narrative and are their to protect white liberalism which to a certain degree seems to work for a select few people.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:58 AM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
NYC is a fairly liberal city and is the capitol of the SJW. Vast majority of these SJW are fake white liberals, and black face white liberals. Both groups are two faced, classist and closet racist. Even though great strides have been made in the NYS professional sphere from blue collar, to white collar and every thing in between. Undertones, favoritism, and nepotism exist in the work place. You might see one or two minorities in upper management, but most of upper management is white.

It does not matter what race they are, the liberal progressive sjw speak the same narrative and are their to protect white liberalism which to a certain degree seems to work for a select few people.
They are hypocrites and full of s**t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City