Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 07:35 PM

40 posts, read 64,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggletoggle View Post
They require 10% as a downpayment. Can the downpayment be gifted? Are a percentage of savings above a certain amount added to income?

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...row-Street.pdf
In addition to the 10% down payment you have to be able to get a mortgage for the remaining balance and afford the monthly maintenance fees, which start at $1,455.00 a month for the studio and go up from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingseeker View Post
My income qualifies me for either the studio or 1 bedroom. I'm not sure if I'm being considered for both or one or the other. I'm also a city employee but it appears I was chosen during the community board selection. I've rented a rent-stabilized 250 sf studio with a mini refrigerator for the last 9 years. Moving on up would be an incredible opportunity.
Did you get your financial documents turned in by the deadline? I got mine submitted and wasn't able to get any info on what the next steps would be and when they would take place. I'm curious when the selected applicants will get to move in. Do you have any idea?

Old 09-22-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingseeker View Post
I also got the email and received a community board log number. I think they said at the 2nd info section that they would contact ~50 people initially. No word on a timeline or next steps.
Did you get your financial documents turned in by the deadline? I got mine submitted and wasn't able to get any info on what the next steps would be and when they would take place. I'm curious when the selected applicants will get to move in. Do you have any idea?

Old 09-22-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Listen Bub, just because it is not affordable to *YOU* obviously that is not universal.

Furthermore the city is kicking in over $25K per unit to further make these units "affordable".

"The seven homebuyers selected by the New York City Housing Partnership will receive $12,750 in down payment assistance along with $12,250 for closing costs for each unit."

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...op-development

Have said this before and will do so again; what a majority of persons in NYC looking at these "affordable" housing units need is *low income housing*. That is not the entire point of the whole scheme.

As have also said the city isn't doing developers or itself any favors by putting persons into these units that cannot afford to pay the rent/mortgage or whatever *ON TIME*. For that they want not much different than private landlords, to see healthy income and so forth.

Then there is the glaring obvious fact that after twenty years owners of these so called "affordable" units can sell without any caps or restrictions. This can and probably does mean long as those selected can hold onto said apartments they are looking at a nice payoff in future.
Do you have more info on the down payment assistance and closing costs assistance? Are those amounts for each homebuyer or to be split among the seven homebuyers? The $12,750.00 exceeds the down payment amount required for the studio. I'm interested in knowing if this amount was a maximum per homebuyer, a fixed amount for each homebuyer, or to be split among all seven homebuyers... do you have any clarity on this?

Old 09-22-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Listen Sonny....I think the maintenance is high and not affordable. That is my point. This is an affordable apt. Maybe the buy in price is but the maintenance sure as H#ll not.
Actually, compared to building with similar amenities in the West Village (and other prime neighborhoods throughout Manhattan) the maintenance charges are quite reasonable. 100 Barrow has a lot of amenities!

Old 09-22-2017, 11:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC_MAC View Post
What financial documents did they ask for? I've never actually applied for one of these before and though I read some things online, I was curious. And has anyone actually gone on their interviews yet? Thanks

Old 09-22-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heemang123 View Post
What financial documents did they ask for? I've never actually applied for one of these before and though I read some things online, I was curious. And has anyone actually gone on their interviews yet? Thanks
- Last 4 current and consecutive pay stubs.
- Letter from employer verifying gross income.
-Last 3 years of w-2 forms and 1040 Federal income tax returns.
-Copies of past 3 months statements for all checking, savings, money market, retirement accounts, stocks, bonds, and investing accounts.
- Credit authorization form.
- $25 or $50 money order

The paperwork was due this week so I don’t think they’ve sorted it out yet and start scheduling interviews.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:57 AM

6 posts, read 9,906 times
Has anyone received a log number that is in the "general" pool of applicants (not CB or VHM)?

I am sort of surprised that people are able to afford closing costs and lawyer fees let alone the building fees and mortgage for 20-30 years on a max $78K salary.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:12 AM

994 posts, read 1,057,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch56 View Post
Has anyone received a log number that is in the "general" pool of applicants (not CB or VHM)?

I am sort of surprised that people are able to afford closing costs and lawyer fees let alone the building fees and mortgage for 20-30 years on a max $78K salary.
You and me both... I cant even afford the salad Im eating right now (yumm)

Old 09-28-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch56 View Post

If you don't have any debt and a modest savings it is totally doable. Even without putting 10% down the mortgaged amount is still very low for this condo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City