Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2017, 01:29 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times

Advertisements

As for me? I'm s product of generations of interracial dating. Marriage and so on. Olive skin, light brown eyes and soft coarse hair. I look kind of like an North African or Egyptian. Eventually as time moves on, racial groups will be mixed thanks to globalization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 03:23 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Something that might shock you. Do you know that poverty rates among Asians in NYC are HIGHER than among blacks. In fact while Asians and Hispanics in NYC have lower household incomes relative to the NYC average, when compared to their national averages black households in NYC have higher median HH incomes relative to that of blacks nationwide.

We see the Asian professionals and do not see the sweat shop workers so do not understand this fact. Many earn low wages and live in some of the most overcrowded conditions, with many Mexicans also suffering this fate.

The issue with Asians in NYC is that many of them are impoverished immigrants working in sweat shops, often in businesses owned by their fellow ethnics.

Dominicans are the largest groups and Puerto Ricans come second. So if one says Latino and doesn't qualify then obviously they are to be included.

Any way Mexicans in NYC are even poorer than Dominicans with their kids showing high drop out rates. The fact that one can walk down a street and see ethnic businesses only suggests that those who own the businesses might be doing well. In fact these mom and pops are often infamous for labor law violations, poor wages and limited benefits.

If we add up Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and Mexicans we have at least 75% of the overall Latin population in NYC and this is why the socio economic data for Hispanics in NYC are quite abysmal.
I'm originally from Jackson Heights, Queens. The apartment above us, a two bedroom apartment, had 19 people living in it. They slept on the floor. One of the guys even complained he could hear me watch the tv late at night. I continued to watch television forever (not my fault he was sleeping on the floor and as a result could hear my television). They were South Asian, but similarly one can find East Asians and Latinos in similarly overcrowded conditions. One can find 50 people living to one house.

The fact that some of these people never learn English and have no credentials as far as education goes condemns them to work that is often LESS than the minimum wage and in CASH.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:02 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
As for me? I'm s product of generations of interracial dating. Marriage and so on. Olive skin, light brown eyes and soft coarse hair. I look kind of like an North African or Egyptian. Eventually as time moves on, racial groups will be mixed thanks to globalization.
That theory keeps being floated around but since time immemorial of human history that has never happened and I don't believe ever will. There will always be one human race but with distinct skin colors and phenotypes among them. It will never mesh into one global look but instead remain distinct groups as there are now. God created variety because he saw that it was good.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgreenSDL View Post
Bro firstly where did I say anything disrespectful towards blacks, I'm Dominican and I bet I know way more black people than you... I'm from harlem. And I have black in my ancestors somewhere but I am pretty light so people usually refer to me as Spanish

Something you dont understand is culture, I was never saying anything about black or African americans that they are born bad or they are stupid...Im talking about the American culture and the disconnect from africa. I'm talking about in black neighborhoods there should be black owned Laundry mat, grocery store, hardware store, 99cent store, bodega, gas station, cell phone store. Tbis is what successful neighborhoods do, if youre chinese in a neighborhood with chinese owned stuff then just by living theire you are supporting your peoples economic growth. If youre black living in a black area you barely support anything black. The smartest and most talented blacks usually bounce at the first sight of success and don't rebuild in the neighborhood. What people dont understand is successful groups are founded upon successful people who then come back and contribute. And right now there's no black collective and I hope they get it soon. Harlem 50 years ago used to be the black stronghold (Malcolm X / Renessaince Movement) but that type of black collective and organization doesn't exist anymore
Excellent post!

Old 05-28-2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I saw the other day a woman with a hijab at the liquor store. That was dope.
Was she Black? Black Americans Muslins are know for practicing a hybrid. ultra lite, creative version of Islam: They mix a little of Islam with a little bit of Black Christianity mixed with giving themselves and/or their children a few Arab names mixed with a healthy dose of "hood" mentality. They mix all these factors up and promptly display them one by one as the situation they find themselves in dictates.

The up side to them is: they don't do suicide bombings, don't stone each other for breaking Sharia law, and their men know better than to try and dominate them the way their Middle Eastern & African Islamic sisters are dominated by their lslamic men. Black American Muslim women don't play that. It would be a Madea Goes to Jail World without End - Islamic version should their men try that crap on them.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:54 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,329,886 times
I went to a backyard BBQ yesterday and every single couple there was interracial:

4 Asian women/White men couples
1 Asian man/White woman couple
1 Asian woman/Black man couple
1 Black woman/White man couple

Though likely skewed because thei hosting couple is Asian/white, I'd say the above is a pretty good representation of the interracial coupling you're most likely to see in NYC. Asian woman/white man are the most dominant mix but you will see the other examples. Nationally, I believe Hispanic woman/white man is the most dominant mix but since hispanics can be white it's not an "interracial" mix, it's an interethnic mix so you may not even realize that the couple is mixed.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:00 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Was she Black? Black Americans Muslins are know for practicing a hybrid. ultra lite, creative version of Islam: They mix a little of Islam with a little bit of Black Christianity mixed with giving themselves and/or their children a few Arab names mixed with a healthy dose of "hood" mentality. They mix all these factors up and promptly display them one by one as the situation they find themselves in dictates.

The up side to them is: they don't do suicide bombings, don't stone each other for breaking Sharia law, and their men know better than to try and dominate them the way their Middle Eastern & African Islamic sisters are dominated by their lslamic men. Black American Muslim women don't play that. It would be a Madea Goes to Jail World without End - Islamic version should their men try that crap on them.
Not that Black women are so tough, and you do indeed have Black women battered by their husbands. In a straight up fist fight the average man is much stronger than the average woman and has much longer reach in terms of punches and kicks. Of course there are women who could take a man down, but these women are not the majority of ANY group of women.

However, any American or Western woman has the LAW on her aside. A man who beats his wife will pay a heavy price if she presses charges, and it's just not socially acceptable to abuse anyone. We live in the West, where generations of feminists have pushed back against male domination.

In Western societies, between jobs and social services women have financial independence, which women in Muslim countries don't have if they are just housewives, everything property is in the husband's name, and there is little in the way of social services.

Old 05-28-2017, 11:42 AM

21 posts, read 21,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Excellent post!
Lets Look at Brooklyn for example.
Borough Park and Midwood are two Jewish neighborhoods in Brooklyn...both are in a good location, They have Jewish shops and Jewish home ownership

Bensonhurst, home of the Italians, Chinese and Russians (with shops owned by them)

Sunset Park, Latino(mexican, Venezuelans Dominican) , Chinese, Vietnamese (great subway access, only 2 stops from Barclays center on express )

Greenpoint: polish

Kensington: paki, Indian and Bangladeshi

Park slope/south slope, Carroll gardens, downtown BK: white

Coney Island, Sheepshead Bay, Brighton beach: Russian

What do black people have in Brooklyn...East New York, Brownsville, Flatbush, Canarsie

Everytime you see those towns mentioned on here its "is Brownsville safe??" "Im a 25 year old white guy 5'11 180lbs is east new york safe" no good shops, no type of organic food (don't get me wrong I'm a fan of the jamaican food around there) but other than that its all chain shops.

The point I'm trying to make is that do you see any movements with black people lobbying to invest in Brownsville, eny, e flatbush. Create some jobs for young people, trade schools, renovate some buildings. Communities have to be invested in, but people don't wanna sacrifice for the greater good. Life has always been like that, thats why we salute our ancestors/great people in history who sacrificied sometimes even put their lives on the line for a just cause.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:16 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgreenSDL View Post
Lets Look at Brooklyn for example.
Borough Park and Midwood are two Jewish neighborhoods in Brooklyn...both are in a good location, They have Jewish shops and Jewish home ownership

Bensonhurst, home of the Italians, Chinese and Russians (with shops owned by them)

Sunset Park, Latino(mexican, Venezuelans Dominican) , Chinese, Vietnamese (great subway access, only 2 stops from Barclays center on express )

Greenpoint: polish

Kensington: paki, Indian and Bangladeshi

Park slope/south slope, Carroll gardens, downtown BK: white

Coney Island, Sheepshead Bay, Brighton beach: Russian

What do black people have in Brooklyn...East New York, Brownsville, Flatbush, Canarsie

Everytime you see those towns mentioned on here its "is Brownsville safe??" "Im a 25 year old white guy 5'11 180lbs is east new york safe" no good shops, no type of organic food (don't get me wrong I'm a fan of the jamaican food around there) but other than that its all chain shops.

The point I'm trying to make is that do you see any movements with black people lobbying to invest in Brownsville, eny, e flatbush. Create some jobs for young people, trade schools, renovate some buildings. Communities have to be invested in, but people don't wanna sacrifice for the greater good. Life has always been like that, thats why we salute our ancestors/great people in history who sacrificied sometimes even put their lives on the line for a just cause.
What destroyed black, let me not say black because black people varies by Afro Latinos, Afro Anglo Caribbean, Africans and African Americans. We have to take a closer look at African Americans. Why African Americans, they are a vastly different group than other black persons of African origin. African Americans were big on business about 2 generations ago, but what destroyed African American business model was integration. Ever since integration, it is very rare to see African American owned business these days. If they are African American owned business, these business tend to cater not only to African Americans, but to other ethnic and racial groups. Most other ethnic groups, their business only caters to their group, very rarely outsiders will shop in such establishments. Ever since integration took hold onto the black American community, a black American business either sank into oblivion, or swim into the arms of wealthy whites.

You see, the other day I spoke with a prominent African American on youtube. Do you know what they told me? They said for me and my kind to get out of their country and go back to where I came from, and how we stole from black people. Why did they say this? Because immigration helped destroy the African American community. Its not excuse that when Jacob Javits said open the flood gates for immigrants, while at the same time black esteem began to decline while immigration esteem began rising. Immigrants helped take away jobs from Americans, and even helped with the decline of unionization in industries like farming and meat packing.

As of right now, I'm very cautious with African Americans or are Alternatively politically active and self aware of what is really going on even though I agree with them.

But right now from my observation and experience, just by walking down the streets of the South Bronx, parts of Harlem and even in Brooklyn. Black men need help, I mean a lot of help. These fools are selling drugs, doing drugs, getting arrested here and there. My African American girlfriend wanted me to help the black community, but I'm not pro black and racially multi ethnic my help can only go so far. but I don't want to screw up and end up like another Jessie Williams if you know who he is.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-28-2017 at 12:25 PM..

Old 05-28-2017, 02:25 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,481,772 times
Does it really matter what people think of the person you date? If you are going to date someone who is of another race be confident with your partner. Some folks cannot handle it.

I was at the pool the other day and an interracial couple came to the area of the pool that we were hanging out. The guy was surrounded. My friend made a comment to me but no one paid attention. Do you know what the guy did? He could not handle it so he left his girlfriend/wife and went to the other side of the pool. The woman did not follow him. She stayed and enjoyed the warm water and jets. That guy is a loser. If a man did that to me, it would have been over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City