Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 08:33 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,047,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
What does being liberal have to do with dating. Most guys can care and monkeys booty hole what political stance you represent. From what you posted, you will be in a world of hurt in NYC relationship scene. You better hold on to your white man like how folks held on the titanic as it sank into the abys. I'm glad that you are opening up your options. I feel sorry for white women in NYC as more and more Asian and black women are taking them up in open arms!
Why feel sorry? They can absolutely do the same too. It's their own choice to stick with their own race. If anything you can feel sorry for the rest of us taking the hit on our insurance premiums because others purposely wait until it's almost too late to have kids which everyone that has ever thought of having kids know come with a whole host of medical complications for both the babies and the adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 08:57 PM

96 posts, read 91,885 times
Online dating was definitely difficult. I'd say I'm an attractive man. I hit the gym and have an athletic body. I'd message a lot of women and they were not the standard "hi how are you?" I only got a handful of responses from women. I got two dates and thankfully one of them ended in me marrying that woman. Dating is work in NYC.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:38 PM

245 posts, read 197,521 times
Quote:
What does being liberal have to do with dating. Most guys can care and monkeys booty hole what political stance you represent. From what you posted, you will be in a world of hurt in NYC relationship scene. You better hold on to your white man like how folks held on the titanic as it sank into the abys. I'm glad that you are opening up your options. I feel sorry for white women in NYC as more and more Asian and black women are taking them up in open arms!
There are only so many men of color in the city (with a decent job and without a felony record). I could care less if they were college educated or not. I would have to open up my options up or wait around. Of course I would prefer to date a black and/or hispanic guy since our cultures are similar. However, I don't want to put in the extra energy and time to find someone who checks my list and is a poc. Political stance is important because I take certain issues seriously. I'm an avid debater and wouldn't want to scare my date off. So if they agree with me I doesn't really come out too much.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:12 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky91 View Post
There are only so many men of color in the city (with a decent job and without a felony record). I could care less if they were college educated or not. I would have to open up my options up or wait around. Of course I would prefer to date a black and/or hispanic guy since our cultures are similar. However, I don't want to put in the extra energy and time to find someone who checks my list and is a poc. Political stance is important because I take certain issues seriously. I'm an avid debater and wouldn't want to scare my date off. So if they agree with me I doesn't really come out too much.
Not all women wants a man to agree with her, this is especially true for women in NYC. Women like a man that pin points flaws in thinking, ethics and so on. Most women like that.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:14 AM

10 posts, read 8,901 times
Originally Posted by*bnc62683718*

The men in nyc are NO better! They are broke, want to be lazy or are gay or too liberal! IF they do have a decent job, they only want golddiggers and they NEVER want to settle down and get married! PLUS most women who live in nyc aren't even from here! I was born and raised here, have a good career and the men in nyc suck! I have to date long island men just to find a non gay, non lazy, non liberal man! So yeah, you men are NO better! I have dated a lot of men from NYC (obviously) and have failed finding decent men! And no, I am not a "man basher" by no means.... I love men but just not lazy, gay liberals!*

Signed a BORN AND RAISED NEW YORKER WOMAN

What you say about NYC men is kind of true. But the real kicker is that you are going for the men that you are attracted to, and that's your fault. NYC is the best place for women to get laid, or have a boyfriend. But NYC is a horrible place for something longterm. Why? Top men have options, and top men don't settle and can hold out. Most women are average and average women want a top man. Nohting wrong with that and its cool or ok. The trend now is for women to look in the suburbs for men now and it has been going on for a while now because some men in the city do not measure up. For me I still feel like a frat boy. What is decent man for you?

A decent man is someone who works and makes some type of money that can afford to help a woman pay for having a family, I am not afraid to work too,(I have been working since. I was 16, 18 years now), wants to settle down and have a nice family life. Someone who is faithful and will not cheat. Someone is kind and understanding. Someone I can share my points of view with being a non liberal. My points of view are more in the middle of the road. Not too liberal and not so conservative. A man who will be there to support you every step of every journey. And yes, men like this should still exist somewhere. My parents have been married for 38 years and even though they drive each other crazy, they are still in love. Btw, BOTH of my parents were born and raised in nyc. My father is from the Bronx and my mom is from Brooklyn and my father WORKED a blue collared job (got 3 hernias from his job and never complained) for 50 years and SUPPORTED his family. My father is also a vietnam vet and was raised in the projects in the 40s-50s. He literally came from NOTHING. Was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth and grew up VERY POOR. My mother did not work due after my brother was born due to health issues. My father NEVER cheated on my mother and was home the exact time every day unless the train broke down. This is a the definition of a decent man.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:44 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnc62683718 View Post
Originally Posted by*bnc62683718*

The men in nyc are NO better! They are broke, want to be lazy or are gay or too liberal! IF they do have a decent job, they only want golddiggers and they NEVER want to settle down and get married! PLUS most women who live in nyc aren't even from here! I was born and raised here, have a good career and the men in nyc suck! I have to date long island men just to find a non gay, non lazy, non liberal man! So yeah, you men are NO better! I have dated a lot of men from NYC (obviously) and have failed finding decent men! And no, I am not a "man basher" by no means.... I love men but just not lazy, gay liberals!*

Signed a BORN AND RAISED NEW YORKER WOMAN

What you say about NYC men is kind of true. But the real kicker is that you are going for the men that you are attracted to, and that's your fault. NYC is the best place for women to get laid, or have a boyfriend. But NYC is a horrible place for something longterm. Why? Top men have options, and top men don't settle and can hold out. Most women are average and average women want a top man. Nohting wrong with that and its cool or ok. The trend now is for women to look in the suburbs for men now and it has been going on for a while now because some men in the city do not measure up. For me I still feel like a frat boy. What is decent man for you?

A decent man is someone who works and makes some type of money that can afford to help a woman pay for having a family, I am not afraid to work too,(I have been working since. I was 16, 18 years now), wants to settle down and have a nice family life. Someone who is faithful and will not cheat. Someone is kind and understanding. Someone I can share my points of view with being a non liberal. My points of view are more in the middle of the road. Not too liberal and not so conservative. A man who will be there to support you every step of every journey. And yes, men like this should still exist somewhere. My parents have been married for 38 years and even though they drive each other crazy, they are still in love. Btw, BOTH of my parents were born and raised in nyc. My father is from the Bronx and my mom is from Brooklyn and my father WORKED a blue collared job (got 3 hernias from his job and never complained) for 50 years and SUPPORTED his family. My father is also a vietnam vet and was raised in the projects in the 40s-50s. He literally came from NOTHING. Was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth and grew up VERY POOR. My mother did not work due after my brother was born due to health issues. My father NEVER cheated on my mother and was home the exact time every day unless the train broke down. This is a the definition of a decent man.
You are only 18 years old. You have a lot to learn in the school of hard knocks when it comes to dating in NYC. The only advantage you have is that you are a female. I command you that you are brought up in a 2 parent home as a local. Plenty of locals do not come from 2 parent homes, and when not in 2 parent household a whole bunch of lifelong issues are displayed for both men and women.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:18 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Not all women wants a man to agree with her, this is especially true for women in NYC. Women like a man that pin points flaws in thinking, ethics and so on. Most women like that.
I really wish you'd stop speaking for women. Not just NYC women but ALL women

Most people want a mate with similar views. Being with someone who always thinks completely different than you (not you specifically--I mean in general) gets extremely tiring after a while when there's nothing in common on certain views.

Do I want my husband to agree with me all the time? Of course not--life would be boring and I don't think the poster that you're responding to wants a guy that agrees with her on EVERYTHING. I know women who want their men to do all the thinking for them. Some women want to be "helpless" and "saving" type.

My thing is this--NYC seems to have become more transplants than native New Yorkers. I sometimes wonder when people talk about NY'ers, do they realize that not everyone here is an actual NY'er?

Old 06-07-2017, 08:31 AM

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times
Quote:
You are only 18 years old. You have a lot to learn in the school of hard knocks when it comes to dating in NYC. The only advantage you have is that you are a female. I command you that you are brought up in a 2 parent home as a local. Plenty of locals do not come from 2 parent homes, and when not in 2 parent household a whole bunch of lifelong issues are displayed for both men and women.
She's 34, dude.
It's commend, not command, and you don't commend someone for something that they had nothing to do with.
Plenty of people all over the country do not come from 2 parent households.

I'm married now, but dating in NYC is incredible. You have beautiful, intelligent women from all over the world, and there are more of them than us. Yes, women here are a little more closed off at first, but a good conversation and a few laughs opens them right up. Sure, there are gold diggers here, but the same goes of any location that has a lot of rich men, and newsflash; some men are only after the dollars too.

For the guys who are struggling, you just have to keep trying, and not a let a few bad experiences cloud your judgement about all women. If you go in with that misogynist crap with the right girl, you might just lose her too.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:44 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
Some of these posts are crazy. I am born and raised in Brooklyn, as is my husband. We met in Brooklyn.

Most of my friends/acquaintances/etc. who were also born and raised here are either in LTRs or are married. So how all of this nonsense talk keeps repeating itself is beyond me. Stop painting everything with a broad brush, since obviously it is very limited to your experiences.

I agree with bellakin---no, I don't want someone to argue with all of the time. My husband knows better than to pin point my flaws all of the time. And for someone to say they think that's what women LIKE------maybe that's why they have problems in the dating world.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:02 AM

3 posts, read 1,960 times
Quote:
Lashing out at hr isn't gonna get her to date you... Obviously her politics are important so dating someone who can't tell the difference between a house rep and senator is important to her. WOmen have STANDARDS - and don't try to pin white woman against other races. She dates interracial - she has plenty options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City