Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2017, 06:41 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
The bar certainly is high in NYC. Ive noticed women behave differently in each neighborhood. Like in Greenwich Village they are out and about having fun, smiling and being cheerful. But I live at 170th Street in Washington Heights and its a different story here, especially with young white girls in the Heights they are heavily closed off. No smiling. Cold. Everyone get away from me Im scared, vibes.

I believe my issue is almost entirely that Im unsure where to meet women. I see the finer ones in restaurants in the village, drinking with girlfriends and on dates but it looks expensive. Im Hawaiian and most of my family is allergic to alcohol. So where are cool cafes? Its like I just do not have any hangouts yet. Any pointers?

For the most part Im not into hispanic women in NYC. Unless they are super fine plus young and petite, Im thinking of all the junky tacos and dirty taco shops, and all the high fructose corn syrup, and just "hanging out" on the streets, with that lazy arrogance, I dunno folks, hispanic women are not my thing. But I have spent time in Colombia and its a different story down there, and in Miami

I do not get labeled with the creepy thing too much because I just avoid overweight women at all costs. I do mostly approach younger girls like 19-25 is my target range and it is mixed reactions. Surely a huge proportion are just looking for extracting resources from rich men. Theyre quick with identifying the money.

Another issue I run into is what we all experience. When it comes to dating we are just a messed up society that is lost and full of abusive psychos. We are all messed up and have forgotten how to treat eachother, yeah especially due to feminism and everything connected to that. Its normalized people being unfulfilled and unhappy and alone.
Holy crap you're arrogant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 06:45 PM

343 posts, read 254,557 times
I suppose I am arrogant. Good call.

Dating in this city is tough.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:49 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
I suppose I am arrogant. Good call.

Dating in this city is tough.
It is tough, but you might have some problems that you need to address in order to attract women. This week I'm going on a date with an Ivy leaguer woman. She is dying to get off of thr market, and all she wants is an educated man of an minority background who has his stuff together. She said she is not asking for much. I have to pass the chemistry test with this woman first. But all I want to do is do a home run on the first date. No wonder career driven women are having a tough time in this city.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:57 PM

245 posts, read 197,670 times
I think you need to work on yourself and stop looking for love. Don't come across sounding like a bitter @sswhole to your date probably isn't the best way to score.
I feel like you making dating 100 times harder than it needs to be.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:10 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky91 View Post
If you get approached by about 20-30 men a day you might not be as perceptive. If someone approaches me when I'm on the street 9 times out of 10 I will be instantly irritated unless they are insanely attractive or something.
If I'm approached in the gym, at the bar, or some kind of event I almost always will take time to engage in a conversation.
Plus, a lot of guys are creepy. I've been followed home countless times. Just yesterday I was walking home and a guy tried to talk to me. When I didn't respond to him he had his two large pitbulls surround me and gave me the scariest lecture on why I shouldn't ignore people. WTF there really are a lot of crazy men in the city.
Maybe you shouldn't have ignored him, then...

Old 06-04-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Maybe you shouldn't have ignored him, then...
Your allowed to ignore who ever you want. Everyone wont stop and speak to you a normal person keeps it moving. Thats pyscho behavior.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Your allowed to ignore who ever you want. Everyone wont stop and speak to you a normal person keeps it moving. Thats pyscho behavior.
maybe you are the psycho?

Old 06-04-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
maybe you are the psycho?
You speak to everyone that approaches you in the city. Honestly, the fact that men assume that they can just walk up to anyone on the street and demand a response is extremely entitled. Probably one of the reason NY women are so nasty. I really only get that in NY when I'm in other places the men are much more respectful.
No one owes you anything at all.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:22 PM

205 posts, read 507,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Well, I am a NYC woman, and I just don't like to waste time with people who are/seem:
  • creepy
  • wasting time
  • only interested for hookups
  • have an ego problem
  • out of shape
  • lazy
  • not attractive to me
  • unable to offer me anything

I hope this helps. (The last one is extremely important lol)
In a nutshell: Shallow, superficial, self-centered, gold-digger. Sums up a lot of women here.

The women outside of NYC, overall, are much nicer and down to earth.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
You speak to everyone that approaches you in the city. Honestly, the fact that men assume that they can just walk up to anyone on the street and demand a response is extremely entitled. Probably one of the reason NY women are so nasty. I really only get that in NY when I'm in other places the men are much more respectful.
No one owes you anything at all.
Just letting you know that I was joking with you. Don't take harmful Ms. Thang!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City