Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 09:16 AM

994 posts, read 1,056,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizOnly1 View Post
Well.. there's 3 units for my income band/room situation. That's not gonna be enough to stop bitching.

You may not like hearing about it.. but people are absolutely correct to state that middle income isn't taken care of at all in the current system. Lower income has all the lotteries, and they have access to government assistance on other fronts as well.

Middle income is definitely not even close to enough to afford market rate in the City.. we get VERY few lottery units.. we get no assistance on any other level.. but we help fund the assistance lower incomes are getting.

I'm not mad at lower income people.. but I do think we are justified in being frustrated with how the system is working now for us.
Heard dat

You have my vote for mayor!

Last edited by MannerundKatze; 06-12-2017 at 09:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 09:27 AM

532 posts, read 786,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TizOnly1 View Post
Well.. there's 3 units for my income band/room situation. That's not gonna be enough to stop bitching.

You may not like hearing about it.. but people are absolutely correct to state that middle income isn't taken care of at all in the current system. Lower income has all the lotteries, and they have access to government assistance on other fronts as well.

Middle income is definitely not even close to enough to afford market rate in the City.. we get VERY few lottery units.. we get no assistance on any other level.. but we help fund the assistance lower incomes are getting.

I'm not mad at lower income people.. but I do think we are justified in being frustrated with how the system is working now for us.
well said

Old 06-12-2017, 11:43 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,031,473 times
Alright, threw my name into the hat for this one. Am only eligible for the micro-units and the studios, and really only the micro-units are affordable. Am curious to see the layout of those!

Old 06-12-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Alright, threw my name into the hat for this one. Am only eligible for the micro-units and the studios, and really only the micro-units are affordable. Am curious to see the layout of those!
Good luck! I say we all keep it fun and chill (photos, updates, floor plans) until AFTER the log numbers are released and we all, inexplicably, get 75,xxx+ log numbers THEN we'll start the bi****ng LOL

Old 06-12-2017, 01:20 PM

532 posts, read 786,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Good luck! I say we all keep it fun and chill (photos, updates, floor plans) until AFTER the log numbers are released and we all, inexplicably, get 75,xxx+ log numbers THEN we'll start the bi****ng LOL
that's me lol
i always get high numbers but i have no cb that's why i'm mad too lol

Old 06-12-2017, 01:26 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,031,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANTNYCAPART View Post
that's me lol
i always get high numbers but i have no cb that's why i'm mad too lol
Yeah, I never have any CB preference either since these are never in my current neighborhood - heck, there's hardly building going on, period.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:43 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Ugh, I hate the concept of microunits. People should not have to live in 260 sq ft apartments. How abusive. Pretty soon, that'll become the standard of living for all New Yorkers who don't want to pay 5k rent as the city pushes more and more people to live here in severely over crowded conditions!

https://nytimes.com/2015/11/22/reale...partments.html

Old 06-14-2017, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,055 times
Log numbers don't mean anything high or low. I got called gave them 2 reams of paper worth of documents looked at an apartment then was placed back on the list and told I have to wait for appeals to go through for government and low income. I thought once you are called and you fit the bill you're in but that is not the case I was told I have to wait on people with lower log numbers... makes no damn sense and totally true that middle income gets nothing from this system, if you can't make it to be rich, you may as well stay poor. SAD... the harder you work the less you have to show for it

Old 06-26-2017, 11:34 AM

Free bump LOL

Old 06-26-2017, 11:46 AM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianna97 View Post
Log numbers don't mean anything high or low. I got called gave them 2 reams of paper worth of documents looked at an apartment then was placed back on the list and told I have to wait for appeals to go through for government and low income. I thought once you are called and you fit the bill you're in but that is not the case I was told I have to wait on people with lower log numbers... makes no damn sense and totally true that middle income gets nothing from this system, if you can't make it to be rich, you may as well stay poor. SAD... the harder you work the less you have to show for it
Developers would benefit for middle incomers to get first cracks at units. Middle income people would pay more. The city would also benefit as with lower income, it has to pay a larger subsidy in giving the developer a larger tax cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City