Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 01:34 AM

783 posts, read 576,740 times

Advertisements

Stop removing trash cans from subways.
Stop eliminating the quality of life offenses (peeing on sidewalks, for example).
Stop raising fares and giving us worse transportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 01:37 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
Some random thoughts:
Why does anybody think they're cool for writing their name in some ****ty font on some guy's wall or on the back of a delivery truck? It looks ugly and people who do this are idiots and should have to clean it up.
I've never lived in a legit brownstone, but I think they are really cool for some reason.
I almost never take the A or C trains, but when I do, it's these weird aluminum can looking train cars. Do any other lines use these?
Inwood Hill park is really nice. I read that it's the last natural forest on Manhattan. For some reason, that's appealing to me.
I think people who habitually litter should be shot... out of a cannon... into the sun... then given a ticket
The best part of being in NYC is the huge variety in food you can get at any time.
The worst part is beggars and long commute times. But those aren't so awful in perspective compared to what the problems were 30 years ago...
I think far downtown Manhattan, like all the way at the bottom, is way more interesting than Times Square or Midtown.
The train cars you're referring to are the R32s, they run primarily on the C train if I'm not mistaken.

They're my favorite cars in the NYC subway system.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:57 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
Stop removing trash cans from subways.
Stop eliminating the quality of life offenses (peeing on sidewalks, for example).
Stop raising fares and giving us worse transportation.
New construction should only be allowed if all buildings have a 95% occupancy. I feel we are constructing a lot of new buildings without a real need.
Make affordable housing lotteries for all income brackets. I make decent money but i am not a 1%er.
Split the A train into 2 train systems. An Express Manhattan train 207 to Broadway Nassau. A new Express train from Broadway Nassau to Rockaway. Same thing with C train.
Create public restrooms near high traffic areas.
Mandate that all train stations have a usable bathroom.
Some sort of air condition on subway stations.
Construct another tunnel or bridge to NJ (maybe on 57 st).
Bring back the Tidday bars!

Old 06-16-2017, 01:16 PM

11,637 posts, read 12,706,217 times
Please clean up the Herald Square Station. The station is infested with Willard's 53rd generation grandchildren. The rats have no fear. They come up and mouse around at your feet or even jump on the benches next to people.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:29 PM

245 posts, read 197,670 times
I would never live in a walk up. It would make grocery shopping and moving much harder (or a building without laundry but thats because I've never lived in one and I was born and raised here in the city).

Im a little tired of paying for private school.
I pretty much hate public transportation. I don't know if its me but it seems so much worse than when I was growing up. They just redid the stations.

Its too many people where I am now. Im actually looking to buy a place in queens. I want to have parking and good schools and be left alone at this point. I got no sleep last night because a couple decided to have a domestic dispute in front my window. (I live on the first floor). However, its summer now so I can expect this for the next 3 months. '

Everywhere will stink until its cold again.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:31 PM

245 posts, read 197,670 times
Too many homeless people. It really not a fair complaint considering they are homeless but something needs to be done about it.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:52 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
New construction should only be allowed if all buildings have a 95% occupancy. I feel we are constructing a lot of new buildings without a real need.
Make affordable housing lotteries for all income brackets. I make decent money but i am not a 1%er.
Split the A train into 2 train systems. An Express Manhattan train 207 to Broadway Nassau. A new Express train from Broadway Nassau to Rockaway. Same thing with C train.
Create public restrooms near high traffic areas.
Mandate that all train stations have a usable bathroom.
Some sort of air condition on subway stations.
Construct another tunnel or bridge to NJ (maybe on 57 st).
Bring back the Tidday bars!

You can have some good thoughts at times...

Old 06-16-2017, 09:25 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,076,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky91 View Post
Too many homeless people. It really not a fair complaint considering they are homeless but something needs to be done about it.
You should see the west coast! There's at least 10 homeless for every one of our one.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:35 PM

983 posts, read 932,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
You should see the west coast! There's at least 10 homeless for every one of our one.
They're pretty aggressive in San Francisco too. I visited that city once and some guy followed me and my mother around for a whole length of a city block (longer there) yelling **** YOU, GIVE ME FIVE BUCKS until we got to a block where there were cops and he went away

Old 06-17-2017, 05:14 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
here's where you post your inner thoughts on NYC life

Transit really needs to do something about these fare beaters in the Bronx
Walk up buildings are a no-no. We are not in the 18th, 19th century
Union Square is too much. Just as packed as Times Square
Reform stop and frisk and bring it back
Since I have started to have knee problems, I do wish there were more escalators/elevators in the subway system.

Since this is a very big city, it is not surprising that various squares and other commercial areas in Manhattan would be crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City