Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2017, 09:56 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times

Advertisements

While I woke up this morning, My Kortana virtual assistant sent me news article about foreclosure in NYC. But interesting is that its a foreclosure located on Billionaires Row. This is the 2nd Foreclosure in one57. Do you guys think that more of these foreclosure will happen in these ritzy multi million dollar condos that has popped up all over NYC and parts of Brooklyn and Queens due to Bloomberg era of build and attract the wealthy here? Or this foreclosure is the beginning of the bubble that will begin to rip through NYC, but other cities that attract global elite such as Miami, LA, San Francisco. Overall this article is very interesting. I wonder if developers will lower prices for such condo apartments?

A Second, Even Bigger Foreclosure Reaches NYC Billionaires' Row
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 10:04 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
There is quite the gap in reality between Billionaires' Row and Brooklyn and Queens peoples. Its got a ways to trickle down yet. Shell companies. Shows more weakness about the economies of Asia, the Middle East, Europe and South America than ours domestically.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:31 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
There is quite the gap in reality between Billionaires' Row and Brooklyn and Queens peoples. Its got a ways to trickle down yet. Shell companies. Shows more weakness about the economies of Asia, the Middle East, Europe and South America than ours domestically.
I can't say middle east, but if anything Russia is been hit hard economically thanks to recent poltical riffs we have had with them. We also have to look at Brazil with its drop in credit rating. Overall if anything in due time. I can see a trickle down or domino effect if any.

Old 06-25-2017, 01:34 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,545,565 times
That apartment had a one-year, $35 million mortgage. It sounds more like a bet gone wrong than something indicative of a trend.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:23 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,748,808 times
All markets go in cycles of up and down. They always have and always will. The problem is, you never know when cycles will change. Those who claim they know are scam artists and those who actually get it right were simply lucky.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:13 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I can't say middle east, but if anything Russia is been hit hard economically thanks to recent poltical riffs we have had with them. We also have to look at Brazil with its drop in credit rating. Overall if anything in due time. I can see a trickle down or domino effect if any.
The Middle East is affected by similar issues as that of Russia. Asia has been on a rough ride, and Europe doesn't have the growth to support its liabilities. Forget about South America, some parts can't even feed their populations.

I was shopping in Queens Center yesterday, and in these post-Trump election times, the immigrant economy appears to be flourishing. Every store had long lines. All while there has been an uptick in foreclosures by the political elite that are hiding their names behind shell companies.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:13 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Russia's even harder hit with the slump in oil prices and the continuing brain drain they have of very technically proficient and skilled workers moving out. I have Russian and Belarussian friends and co-workers and apparently every system and service there is run as a massive kleptocracy that makes corruption in the US look quaint.

The former is really what's doing it though. It's too we didn't go full getout on renewables early on, because a lot of pretty antagonistic countries including questionable allies become paper tigers without those vast sums of oil money.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 06-26-2017 at 09:31 AM..

Old 06-26-2017, 11:58 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
While I woke up this morning, My Kortana virtual assistant sent me news article about foreclosure in NYC. But interesting is that its a foreclosure located on Billionaires Row. This is the 2nd Foreclosure in one57. Do you guys think that more of these foreclosure will happen in these ritzy multi million dollar condos that has popped up all over NYC and parts of Brooklyn and Queens due to Bloomberg era of build and attract the wealthy here? Or this foreclosure is the beginning of the bubble that will begin to rip through NYC, but other cities that attract global elite such as Miami, LA, San Francisco. Overall this article is very interesting. I wonder if developers will lower prices for such condo apartments?

A Second, Even Bigger Foreclosure Reaches NYC Billionaires' Row

No "bubble" at all; just same old, same old; some crook got a bank to lend him millions and now cannot be found.

‘Mystery man

Bank was stupid, but then if Kolawole “Kola” Aluko was just another brother from the hood he wouldn't have gotten that huge mortgage basically on his own say so to begin.

Nothing else to see here folks, move along....

Old 06-27-2017, 12:33 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,275,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
All markets go in cycles of up and down. They always have and always will. The problem is, you never know when cycles will change. Those who claim they know are scam artists and those who actually get it right were simply lucky.
With the exception of Dr. Michael Burry who had done extensive research and got it right on the last bubble. Neither a scam artist nor got it lucky. Just researched it and saw it for what it was and when it would occur. He's still saying we didn't learn from the lessons of the last crash. Nor have we held the people responsible for it accountable and so they're doing the same things as last time and we're making the same mistakes again.
------------
Trump was saying he'd drain the swamp and hold people accountable, but he's just more of the same old dumb cra p. Lining his pockets with billionaires. Doing the money talks and bs walks business, lieing to the American people like a professional politician, tweeting the Presidency like a reality TV show for distraction. Proving even a businessman can run a country like a career politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City