Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2017, 08:08 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Just because a Jewish person says something does not make it true.

NYC real estate laws are not for Jews only and you cannot pass laws for one group only in America. Also non Jewish white people would never tolerate this, nor would none whites,

With that said today if some co-op board denied someone because of their race or religion one could get a private lawyer and sue provided there is evidence.
Again, this is what a Jews told me, and not gentiles, and both of these men are prominent people plus in high places. But the Israeli guy told me about some buildings in the Upper East Side that don't allow Jews. To this day, and during this time I just cant believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
It is typical anti-Semitic language to say that Jews "control" this or that.
ADL is saying the same thing about Jay Z. I might be anti Semitic for you, but not the other way around for everyone else. SJW would and will agree with you though. Its just a matter of opinion and generalization.

Quote:
Coop boards are allowed to deny/not approve someone and don't have to give a reason.
You do that math.
People get denied for race and religion all the time in reality.
It's just hard to prove, so hard to sue.
If I hear anything about that, or find out the truth. I Would and will expose such real estate boards because it is illegal to bar people on the basis of race and religion. Coop Boards are not allowed to discriminate, and if they do, such boards will be sued and made be published and mocked on CNN. Such Coop boards should be sued for discrimination. This is a social justice that I'd fight for.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:11 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,599,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Again, this is what a Jews told me, and not gentiles, and both of these men are prominent people plus in high places. But the Israeli guy told me about some buildings in the Upper East Side that don't allow Jews. To this day, and during this time I just cant believe it.

ADL is saying the same thing about Jay Z. I might be anti Semitic for you, but not the other way around for everyone else. SJW would and will agree with you though. Its just a matter of opinion and generalization.

If by SJW you mean "social justice warriors" (as you claim to mean), then no, they tend not to defend Jewish rights or interests.
Jews are not seen as "oppressed" enough these days for SJW's to care about...

Old 07-14-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Okay. Jewish-Americans have a very high rate of college education. The vast majority of Jewish-Americans are college-educated.
As a result, Jews in America are over-represented in almost ALL the professions.

So, one could say that Jews have a great influence in:

medicine
law (3 on the Supreme Court)
academia
journalism
teaching
social work
psychology
writing
art
music
pop culture
acting
real estate
banking
engineering

Get the idea?
This is the word that I used. I used influence. Benjamin Cardoso is the first Jewish Supreme court Justice, that was a 100 years ago. Kagan, Ginsburg, Beyer, and Sotomayor through maternal lineage are Jewish. Academia, Albert Einstein, and I'm a huge fan of Carl Sagan. Journalism, Pulitzer Prize is named after a Jew who did journalism during the Civil War. Music, I'm a huge fan of Taye Diggs ex wife, she can rock. I also like Lenny Kravitz. Huge fan of Barber Streisand. she makes me cry, and I love Barry Manolow. Real Estate families like the Tish and Durst make NYC go into the skies. Jews wield great influence in many industries. Adam Sandler is one of my favorite actors, and I find Sarah Silverman to be cute. This is why I said folks cant be upset. They work hard, very solid parental households, save for a rainy day, push and put their kids through college, and always on top of their game. I love that. Again not all are like that. I respect and even embrace their model. In truth, Jews have plenty of influence throughout this city and nations industries. Nothing wrong with that, its all about hard work. I hope nothing on here is anti semitic. I also love Pastrami with Rye bread and Russian sauce. It adds the best combination of German, Polish and Russian flavors into one bite. Huge fan of Yiddish food.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:15 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is the word that I used. I used influence. Benjamin Cardoso is the first Jewish Supreme court Justice, that was a 100 years ago. Kagan, Ginsburg, Beyer, and Sotomayor through maternal lineage are Jewish. Academia, Albert Einstein, and I'm a huge fan of Carl Sagan. Journalism, Pulitzer Prize is named after a Jew who did journalism during the Civil War. Music, I'm a huge fan of Taye Diggs ex wife, she can rock. I also like Lenny Kravitz. Huge fan of Barber Streisand. she makes me cry, and I love Barry Manolow. Real Estate families like the Tish and Durst make NYC go into the skies. Jews wield great influence in many industries. Adam Sandler is one of my favorite actors, and I find Sarah Silverman to be cute. This is why I said folks cant be upset. They work hard, very solid parental households, save for a rainy day, push and put their kids through college, and always on top of their game. I love that. Again not all are like that. I respect and even embrace their model. In truth, Jews have plenty of influence throughout this city and nations industries. Nothing wrong with that, its all about hard work. I hope nothing on here is anti semitic. I also love Pastrami with Rye bread and Russian sauce. It adds the best combination of German, Polish and Russian flavors into one bite. Huge fan of Yiddish food.
Asian Americans have high rates of college participation and you similarly see them represented in all industries. Same is becoming true of African immigrants.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:17 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,279,422 times
Haven't read all the past posts. This thread really took off.

They always seem to get around to this on C-D NYC. No?
Black Persons Guide to Game of Thrones

Anyways, it's an interesting take.

Old 07-15-2017, 05:25 AM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Haven't read all the past posts. This thread really took off.

They always seem to get around to this on C-D NYC. No?
Black Persons Guide to Game of Thrones

Anyways, it's an interesting take.
Just more "everything is about race" nonsense. Stupid.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:17 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,599,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Asian Americans have high rates of college participation and you similarly see them represented in all industries. Same is becoming true of African immigrants.
For sure.
African immigrants also have an extremely high rate of college education. As do Asians.

I think since NYC is so heavily Jewish in population (perhaps 20-20% of the population?) that it feels as though Jews have even more "influence" (as was mentioned. I'm not crazy about that word either. But it beats "control").
But you wouldn't find that in any other American city.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
For sure.
African immigrants also have an extremely high rate of college education. As do Asians.

I think since NYC is so heavily Jewish in population (perhaps 20-20% of the population?) that it feels as though Jews have even more "influence" (as was mentioned. I'm not crazy about that word either. But it beats "control").
Jews are one of the largest ethnic groups in the city, along with African Americans and white tranplants.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:33 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times
Quote:
For sure.

The city is only 33% white, no way over half of them are Jews!

Old 07-15-2017, 10:38 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Is this a debate club?

I've always wondered what your name means wawaweewa. It reminds me of the teacher speaking in Charlie Brown cartoons on TV. Are you a Peanuts fan? I love Snoopy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvwVgIoMjTI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City