Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 07:54 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,376,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizfromtheBronx View Post
Born and raised. Have never lived a day outside of NYC. Which I think makes me a New Yorker....

I hate Shake Shack. When I lived on the UES, I would avoid walking down 86th Street on my way home from work because of the smell of grease emanating from there. And I love burgers and greasy food. Theirs is just not good, in my opinion.
Sorry, you don't qualify to be a New Yorker after saying those hurtful things. Your native status might be revoked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 10:07 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,557,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am thinking you need to read up on things. Obese people cost everyone more money by way of higher insurance premiums, so yes it *IS* my business. If such people want to eat until they explode or whatever, should do it on their own dime.
So what you gonna walk onto the Bx15 and tell everyone on board to lose weight? I mean I see your point but there's no way to prevent people from being overweight. Its part cultural and part hereditary. Take into account lower income people don't have healthy food options and it's a wrap.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:11 PM

12,751 posts, read 8,221,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
So what you gonna walk onto the Bx15 and tell everyone on board to lose weight? I mean I see your point but there's no way to prevent people from being overweight. Its part cultural and part hereditary. Take into account lower income people don't have healthy food options and it's a wrap.
Am simply saying that one is allowed to have an opinion or speak their mind on the matter or whatever when their money goes towards the issue.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:44 AM

12,769 posts, read 18,322,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
Sometimes it isn't even diet or hereditary. Certain types of medicine can unfortunately cause weight gain as well.

There are people of all different shapes and sizes in the world. You can't change it.

Not everyone who is fat is unhealthy just as not everyone who is thin is healthy. I know a woman in her mid-30's, she is 5'3" and around 98, 99lbs or something... her cholesterol is through the roof, she eats like garbage, she doesn't work out... she is unhealthy and her doctor said so and now she has to change her diet.

I'm just saying... I don't think it is right or fair for us to judge people. We don't always know what's going on as an outsider.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:48 AM

12,769 posts, read 18,322,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
You are not a New Yorker if you don't like Shake Shack.
I have never been to Shake Shack.... 35 years in the NY Metro... Crazy right?

Old 07-19-2017, 09:00 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,906,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I have never been to Shake Shack.... 35 years in the NY Metro... Crazy right?
You're not missing anything.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizfromtheBronx View Post
You're not missing anything.
Am in agreement. Can spend $30 and still be hungry.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:18 AM

6,669 posts, read 5,982,443 times
Another nasty place is Starbucks. Every transplant loves drinking and eating at that garbage place. Up to this day, I don't get why people would spend 6 bucks on coffee from Starbucks, when Starbucks coffee is super disgusting.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Another nasty place is Starbucks. Every transplant loves drinking and eating at that garbage place. Up to this day, I don't get why people would spend 6 bucks on coffee from Starbucks, when Starbucks coffee is super disgusting.
The coffee is literally *burnt*. Avoid it like the plague, even when invited. Some time ago, was given a gift card to the place, and even then, was hesitant to eat there, but went out of guilt, as the amount given to me was rather sizable. The coffee making there is *robotic*. Food is loaded with GMOs and mainly uninspired. Things you can pop in the *ZAP* microwave or whatever.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:59 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,376,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am in agreement. Can spend $30 and still be hungry.
But you are like the opposite of Kefir King. You go organic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City