Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2017, 05:25 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Did those black folks live in mostly black areas, or did they sport an African American name like Ray-Ray, Tyquan, Jarjar Jinkins, Shamika, Tanika, Tamika, Lashonda, Shanelle? If a black Americna has a name like that, your job chances have tanked big time regardless of degree. This is why plenty of folks with such names go government jobs instead of private sector which discriminate on names and geographic area of residence.
Your being utterly silly here.

No one names their kid Jar-Jar. Bwahahahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 05:31 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Your being utterly silly here.

No one names their kid Jar-Jar. Bwahahahaha
Jar Jar Binks parents did.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
The residents in the area around Perry Ave in Norwood, the Bronx lodged 132 complaints about ice cream truck noise in 4 years, more than any other area in the rest of the entire city.

That area is 91% NON-white. I suppose the OP would try to claim that the only residents of that area who submit complaints about ice cream truck noise are part of the 9% white population.

NYers lodge over 7,000 ice cream truck complaints in 4 years | New York Post
Perhaps we should ask why there are people who need to drive an ice cream and sell ice cream to make a living.

I doubt you hear the sound ice cream trucks in lower or midtown Manhattan.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:43 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
Lol here we go again with this

I do not "hate everything USA" I was born in America and I am culturally very American. I love America. The beautiful countryside, the tenacity of the people, the amazing cuisine, the birthplace of two the greatest music genres in human history; Jazz and Hip-Hop. There is so much to love and be proud of and patriotic about as an American.

What I hate is the American government. It's racist laws. It's bought-off politicians. It's genocidal history.

Hating the American government and America are two very different things. You ask about why I don't move to PR, well for one the American government has completely ruined PR and many other places in the third world.

Now as to your second point about your neighborhood getting louder, this to me is very different than white people who have a legacy of colonialism moving in to a neighborhood and imposing their way of life like they did during colonial period. Black people moving into Puerto Rican neighborhood and the neighborhood changing is not raced-based in the same way as whites moving in due to the nature of white oppression of people of color
Well, I disagree regardless, but especially in relation to complaining about the noise of an ice-cream truck. That is hardly Colonial-style oppression.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
The residents in the area around Perry Ave in Norwood, the Bronx lodged 132 complaints about ice cream truck noise in 4 years, more than any other area in the rest of the entire city.

That area is 91% NON-white. I suppose the OP would try to claim that the only residents of that area who submit complaints about ice cream truck noise are part of the 9% white population.

NYers lodge over 7,000 ice cream truck complaints in 4 years | New York Post
Perahaps jobs with higher pay and more should be a clue then the residents wouldn't hear so many ice cream trucks in the area.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:46 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Perhaps we should ask why there are people who need to drive an ice cream and sell ice cream to make a living.

There is an upscale ice cream truck on Greene St on the corner of Prince St. No Ice cream truck music though. I used to work right next to it on the SoHo building. It gave me the runs. It tasted good though.

NYC TRUCKS

Old 07-24-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
There is an upscale ice cream truck on Greene St on the corner of Prince St. No Ice cream truck music though. I used to work right next to it on the SoHo building. It gave me the runs. It tasted good though.

NYC TRUCKS
Hmm. Does it have gluten free and vegan options? Makes sense. And you and I both know the average person living in this area is not selling ice cream and driving a truck for a living.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:26 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Quote:

I honestly don't think that's the ice cream man's main source of income.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:08 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:

Ice cream is in stores, restaurants, etc downtown and those employees are not making a lot of money. There are trucks and carts downtown selling various food on the street. Lot of middle eastern carts are open all night.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:12 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
The race war nonsense is ridiculous I don't know how people fall for this sort of divide and conquer BS

Blue collar and working class whites have a lot more to gain fighting alongside black people than they do fighting black people for billionaires who don't give a damn about them like Warren Buffet and Donald Trump.

Working class whites are realizing that they're interests are more aligned with black people than wealthy whites, and once this gains momentum nothing will stop black white unity.

If you don't believe this is happening, just google "Redneck Revolt"
When you equate all living white people with some made-up cabal that you believe is still to this day exercising slavery-like control over all minority peoples, the only sane response is to prepare to defend oneself with overwhelming defensive violence should the need arise.

For example, should I find myself and my children stuck in a human roadblock, I will immediately don my plate vest, helmet and make ready my rifle (my pistol is always ready). I will first attempt to drive my way through it (I will absolutely not stop). Should that fail, I will exit the vehicle with my children to exfil them from the situation. Should the participants decide to do anything other than defecate themselves upon seeing my equipment, I will take appropriate measures to ensure the safety of my children.

Your made up causes do not impress me. I am only concerned with the safety of me and mine. High speed lead injections tend to secure such safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City