Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 05:04 PM

5 posts, read 13,731 times

Advertisements

I just saw a ginormous cockroach.. I don't know what its called i'm terrified to google it..to see if its a waterbug or the type of cockroach it is. ..becuase then I will see it again via in a picture..

I bawled my eyes out screaming and yelling .. trying to figure out what to do.

I live in Sunnyside NY.. i just moved here 2 months ago.. I'm from Toronto and never experienced this.

this is my second sighting of a roach.. But this time around this was the biggest thing I have ever seen. It was the size of two quarters length wise.

I want to throw up thinking about it. I finally had the courage to kill it because I am not letting that thing get away so i can see it later.

I went under my kitchen sink and grabbed the spray I have.. its some sort of cleaning spray.. and kept spraying it.. I think i was bawling and spraying for 5 minutes. Would go back to my laptop still crying and went back to spray it some more to ensure it was dead.. I think i did that 4 times.. I don't remember and right now I am still paranoid its not dead.

But scared to go look again because I am terrified.

This roach problem is really taking a toll on me and my life. I just moved here for my husband and I really hate this place because of this roach problem. I am terrified .. i don't even know whats a better way to explain my condition but I am seriously terrified petrified of bugs, rodents in general and roaches are on the top of my list of most scared.

I don't know what to do.. I am going to leave NY and go back to my Toronto home.

Is there anywhere I can move to in NY or NJ that I will not experience a roach problem? How about new buildings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 08:00 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,771,520 times
Newer bldgs dont save you, i can tell you 4 in midtown west that already have bedbug problems. Roaches are a part of city life though you can keep them out of your places by killing them right away, sealing up holes/cracks, etc you may see 1 once a yr or so. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City