Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 08:35 PM

66 posts, read 51,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty8384 View Post
Happy New year all!!!
@annie5665 I'm enjoying the apartment just not our water pressure but that will be resolved today with one call- How are you enoying your new pad . FYI our mail is held at the Post office if anyone didn't know.
Happy New Years I was trying to figure out where my mail is which post office?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 08:36 PM

66 posts, read 51,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie5665 View Post
And I am enjoying my apartment so far

Old 01-22-2018, 05:36 PM

5 posts, read 4,346 times
Hello Everyone congrats to those that have been approved. Great to see that you are all enjoying your new apartments. To those still waiting patience, lol. So I received a call today to go see an apartment. I was waiting on a 2 bed but was told that they have a 3 bedroom available and if I wanted to proceed I needed to let them know tomorrow once I viewed the apartment. Spectrum already checked my credit the 3rd week of December. She asked for me to bring in some updated paperwork and that if I was interested after the viewing to go to their office in Harlem to bring them the paperwork she requested. She stated that I needed to make up my mind fast because they had 3 other applicants waiting. I don't know what to make of this. I thought the paperwork went to HPD but she went as far to say that if I move forward I need to have 2 months rent so I am assuming that that meant sooner than later. Did anyone go thru this process? I am so hopeful but after reading your posts don't want to get my hopes up. Wish me luck!

Old 01-23-2018, 02:41 PM

31 posts, read 30,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlc77 View Post
Hello Everyone congrats to those that have been approved. Great to see that you are all enjoying your new apartments. To those still waiting patience, lol. So I received a call today to go see an apartment. I was waiting on a 2 bed but was told that they have a 3 bedroom available and if I wanted to proceed I needed to let them know tomorrow once I viewed the apartment. Spectrum already checked my credit the 3rd week of December. She asked for me to bring in some updated paperwork and that if I was interested after the viewing to go to their office in Harlem to bring them the paperwork she requested. She stated that I needed to make up my mind fast because they had 3 other applicants waiting. I don't know what to make of this. I thought the paperwork went to HPD but she went as far to say that if I move forward I need to have 2 months rent so I am assuming that that meant sooner than later. Did anyone go thru this process? I am so hopeful but after reading your posts don't want to get my hopes up. Wish me luck!

How did everything go? I will be viewing a unit tomorrow as well.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

Its been a couple months since I have not logged in here. I would like to congratulate those who were approved and those who are in their new apartments! I can only imagine how exciting this feeling is! God is great! I was finally called for a second interview. My first interview was back in September. My paperwork has been submitted to the agency for further approval. I will be viewing a unit tomorrow but again no guarantees. I just really pray that things go well in my favor. I have been waiting for this moment to come. Please god let this be it.

Old 01-24-2018, 09:55 AM

31 posts, read 23,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie5665 View Post
West farms post office 362 Devoe Ave, Bronx · they close at 5pm so bring your lease or bill w/ id to confirm your identity.

Wish they were informative in letting us know that?? But other than that I'm happy

Old 01-24-2018, 03:48 PM

Today I viewed a 1 bedroom unit. I must say it’s pretty cozy and small but it’s perfect for me since I will be on my own. I was told that there are others waiting for this unit as well. So it may not be guaranteed which kinda made me discouraged. My paperwork is being submitted to the agency I just pray that I get it. I’ve been waiting for this new chapter in my life. I will remain positive 🙏🏽 Good luck to all!

Old 01-24-2018, 04:22 PM

252 posts, read 305,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryg190 View Post
Today I viewed a 1 bedroom unit. I must say it’s pretty cozy and small but it’s perfect for me since I will be on my own. I was told that there are others waiting for this unit as well. So it may not be guaranteed which kinda made me discouraged. My paperwork is being submitted to the agency I just pray that I get it. I’ve been waiting for this new chapter in my life. I will remain positive 🙏🏽 Good luck to all!
Why would they show you an unit without making sure it's yours for sure? That' would be irresponsible and cruel of them to show you around and then pick someone else

Old 01-24-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful01 View Post
Why would they show you an unit without making sure it's yours for sure? That' would be irresponsible and cruel of them to show you around and then pick someone else
Yes I totally understand your point. I guess they want people to see the unit before going any further with the process. Maybe they will reconsider after viewing the unit or it’s not what they expected.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:20 AM

5 posts, read 4,346 times
Sorry took me a while to answer. I went to see the apartment, a 3 bed 2 bath. The rooms were on the small size but the fact that everything is new is a plus. And the view was nice too. Appliances were new and the cabinets looked really nice. There was even an option for a dish washer which you could add if you want or use the space as storage. The bathrooms were spacious and the bath is the master is perfect. She showed me the laundry room which they are still trying to open. She said it should happen this week. And there is a bike room, which I found odd but useful for whomever rides bikes. There is no parking that you can rent from them however you do get a discount from the garage in the corner. After the viewing I went to the office in Harlem and signed a lot of paperwork. She said she was sending the paperwork to the city. I asked how much longer till I hear something and she said that it should be fairly quickly because this is the last unit. I am assuming its the last 3 bed. She told me to get the money ready cause once she calls me its to sign to lease and bring in two months rent. SHe did raise my hopes up so I am crossing my fingers that it goes thru because a 3 bed for $1740 is a good deal in the city. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City