Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 06:22 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,805,828 times

Advertisements

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...wdness-lawsuit

I wonder if the Port Authority will have to pay out money in this case, or if they will have to have cameras on them in these public lewdness cases! Or will they have to visibly out cameras in bathrooms. In some public bathrooms you do have gay men who Cruz for sec. The men suing say they are innocent. They beat their criminal cases with the Port Authority and are suing the Port Authority in civil court. That doesn't mean they are innocent, but the Port Authority was simply unable to prove its case. So in restrooms like should they have video cameras watching stalls and urinals. Or should they hire a bathroom attendant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 10:54 PM

1,505 posts, read 995,146 times
Why would they put cameras in the restrooms and who the hell would tolerate that? What will happen is that the PA will back off and make better use of their time.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:18 PM

3,857 posts, read 3,111,405 times
This cruising thing is a problem! Do you really want to go to a restroom and have to deal with people having sex, right next to you? sex in bathrooms is reserved for night clubs, if you must, not a high traffic public restroom like at PA! or even in the Major Hotels and Department stores, stair case for that matter.

It is public indecency, and it makes everyone that is not gay very uncomfortable. Forbid you start whacking off in front of the wrong guy, or a child walks in with his dad, there could be a beat down!

Filming and Surveillance in a public restroom is a very grey area. But at the same time, if there are complaints of people having sex in public, the PA does have to act on it. This is a perversion, seeking casual sex in a rest room. As a straight person, I would be turned off to having sex with the random stranger, let alone in a room hundreds of people take a dump in.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:55 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,805,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
This cruising thing is a problem! Do you really want to go to a restroom and have to deal with people having sex, right next to you? sex in bathrooms is reserved for night clubs, if you must, not a high traffic public restroom like at PA! or even in the Major Hotels and Department stores, stair case for that matter.

It is public indecency, and it makes everyone that is not gay very uncomfortable. Forbid you start whacking off in front of the wrong guy, or a child walks in with his dad, there could be a beat down!

Filming and Surveillance in a public restroom is a very grey area. But at the same time, if there are complaints of people having sex in public, the PA does have to act on it. This is a perversion, seeking casual sex in a rest room. As a straight person, I would be turned off to having sex with the random stranger, let alone in a room hundreds of people take a dump in.
Yes, the Port Authority has to act on complaints of having sex in the restroom. The men in the article claim the cops targeted them because they were gay, and the criminal cases against these men were dropped because of new proof. So that's why I said as a deterrent maybe they need bathroom attendants and/or electronic surveillance. I'm aware of the privacy concerns, and the Port Authority will have to carefully consult with legal experts on the best course of action.

Today there's social media apps like Grindr (popular among gays) and Tinder (popular among straight people) so anyone needing a hook up should go ONLINE, not to the restroom. Cruising was a lot more common among gays in the past, before the internet and when many were in the closet and didn't have many ways to meet other gay men. With a lot more openly gay people, and gay people online, it is not typical/normal for gay men to seek out public restrooms. I don't mean to start a new stereotype on City Data, LOL.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:04 AM

965 posts, read 1,104,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Yes, the Port Authority has to act on complaints of having sex in the restroom. The men in the article claim the cops targeted them because they were gay, and the criminal cases against these men were dropped because of new proof. So that's why I said as a deterrent maybe they need bathroom attendants and/or electronic surveillance. I'm aware of the privacy concerns, and the Port Authority will have to carefully consult with legal experts on the best course of action.

Today there's social media apps like Grindr (popular among gays)
and Tinder (popular among straight people) so anyone needing a hook up should go ONLINE, not to the restroom. Cruising was a lot more common among gays in the past, before the internet and when many were in the closet and didn't have many ways to meet other gay men. With a lot more openly gay people, and gay people online, it is not typical/normal for gay men to seek out public restrooms. I don't mean to start a new stereotype on City Data, LOL.
Ha! I remember I was like 10 feet away from some dude, and he sent me a message "mt n bthrm"

Bish. A. I don't hookup with people that can't use vowels.
B. EWWW, HELL NO. Mama raised me better than that.

Unbelievable!

Old 03-29-2017, 12:49 AM

3,857 posts, read 3,111,405 times
...when I had a job as a cleaner , we had public restrooms, and it was a problem just 8 years ago. These guys hang out in the restrooms for too long of time, and casually returning an hour later to do the same. We did get complaints about men with boners in the restroom on a regular basis.

We also had homeless taking bird baths on the sink, even washing their hair in a toilet bowl! but this was from both the mens and ladies restrooms.

Security did have a challenge keeping it PG. I have heard stories of sex for drugs exchanges as well. Most people know that you can't record in the bathroom stall, so it is used however people see fit. This is a problem.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:56 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,869,668 times
Gross that people want to have sex in a public bathroom

Old 03-29-2017, 05:50 AM

25,341 posts, read 36,827,738 times
I have often wondered why the sex inside of a restroom stall is considered "public sex." If it is indeed public space, cannot a single person be convicted of "public exposure," "urinating in public," etc.

What two or more people do behind a closed toilet door should be only THEIR business.

Cameras in the urinal cakes perhaps? The footage could be sold to HBO Late Night.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:48 AM

4,157 posts, read 4,007,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I have often wondered why the sex inside of a restroom stall is considered "public sex." If it is indeed public space, cannot a single person be convicted of "public exposure," "urinating in public," etc.

What two or more people do behind a closed toilet door should be only THEIR business.

Cameras in the urinal cakes perhaps? The footage could be sold to HBO Late Night.
You would be ok with a ten year old relative in a bathroom with two men having anal sex there if the stall door was closed? That's deviant behavior that no one of any age should be subject to.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:49 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,178,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
You would be ok with a ten year old relative in a bathroom with two men having anal sex there if the stall door was closed? That's deviant behavior that no one of any age should be subject to.
As long as they aren't screaming and moaning you'd have no idea.
This country need to not be so afraid of sex. Its a natural thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City