Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 07:13 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
More *fake* news... The *facts* are, Trump is doing everything he said he would. He's *stopping* China from dumping their garbage in this country. He's *stopping* illegal immigrants from coming here and raping our country while giving nothing back in return. He's bringing American jobs *back* to America and instilling a sense of pride and patriotism in this country again. Am sick of people acting like there's something wrong with buying American and supporting the country you live in. If don't like it here, leave! That dirty word of *Made in USA* that everyone is ashamed of.

The stock market is doing better than ever, and American confidence is up. All things that Obama could never do because he was too weak to stand up to China and put them in their place. They've been taking American jobs for years now. Time for America to stand up for itself and make this country great again and proud.
Haha, that was occurring before Trump. To be fair to him tho, we cannot grade him as yet because he hasn't signed any meaningful legislation. How has he put China in their place? By formally declaring them a currency manipulator Also, let's see what the US-China trade deficit is several months from now.

It is our companies that relocated jobs overseas. I'm not a big fan of any politician but I'm willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt and see what his policies are. He was a bystander in the health debacle and so far his tax reform outline is looking really weak and one-sided. If he can get his shxt together and help reverse stagnating wages and spur the growth of well-paying jobs, I'm all for him. Currently, I find it hypocritical that he is cheering the same "weak" economic figures and indicators he once derided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 06:29 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Haha, that was occurring before Trump. To be fair to him tho, we cannot grade him as yet because he hasn't signed any meaningful legislation. How has he put China in their place? By formally declaring them a currency manipulator Also, let's see what the US-China trade deficit is several months from now.

It is our companies that relocated jobs overseas. I'm not a big fan of any politician but I'm willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt and see what his policies are. He was a bystander in the health debacle and so far his tax reform outline is looking really weak and one-sided. If he can get his shxt together and help reverse stagnating wages and spur the growth of well-paying jobs, I'm all for him. Currently, I find it hypocritical that he is cheering the same "weak" economic figures and indicators he once derided.
Politicians should not be graded on how much legislation they sign. The perfect politician shouldn't have to sign much in terms of meaningful legislation as it is.

Have you not taken notice of the stock market since the election? I actually don't credit it to Trump, but more so to the end of Obama. Coincidence that the market tanked when Obama was elected 8+ years ago?

Old 08-02-2017, 07:47 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
How do deal with all the political chaos that you hear and observe occuring in the D.C. every day, Mr KK? He is a man from "your time" so you might understand him better than a lot of next-gen new Yorkers do.

Oh I understand him all right. And I bemoan the fact that the state hospitals for the insane have all been closed.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:50 AM

[quote=G-Dale;49047377]Politicians should not be graded on how much legislation they sign. The perfect politician shouldn't have to sign much in terms of meaningful legislation as it is.

Have you not taken notice of the stock market since the election? I actually don't credit it to Trump, but more so to the end of Obama. Coincidence that the market tanked when Obama was elected 8+ years ago?[/quote]

You mean the Market Panic when George Walker Bush was president in 2008 and presided over the market meltdown in OCTOBER (a month before the election of BHO?)

Old 08-02-2017, 09:41 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
[quote=Kefir King;49048345]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Politicians should not be graded on how much legislation they sign. The perfect politician shouldn't have to sign much in terms of meaningful legislation as it is.

Have you not taken notice of the stock market since the election? I actually don't credit it to Trump, but more so to the end of Obama. Coincidence that the market tanked when Obama was elected 8+ years ago?[/quote]

You mean the Market Panic when George Walker Bush was president in 2008 and presided over the market meltdown in OCTOBER (a month before the election of BHO?)
Yes, when it was clear that Obama would win the election we all jumped out of the market.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:17 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
I'm just curious; what do you consider MSM?

Because even right leaning outlets like Drudge Report, Bliebart, and even Fox News post unflattering stories about this administation. Fox commentators have constantly called out trump for all his drama and controversy.

Are we talking about infowars?
I should have wrote that all media is controlled by the 0.1%. The idiots that watch and are manipulated by it pick and choose a side and believe whatever their bias goes to. They keep them divided by issues that don't put money into their pockets and let the 0.1% take what they want.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:21 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJWjzsM5zAM

Old 08-04-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
How do deal with all the political chaos that you hear and observe occuring in the D.C. every day, Mr KK? He is a man from "your time" so you might understand him better than a lot of next-gen new Yorkers do.

Yes, he is a man of my time, and like many of them, he is completely nuts. Whether he is psychotic or senile (demented) I cannot say, but for him to get nearly half the votes convinces me that the United States has no future. It's population is too stupid for democracy perhaps that's why it is already a fantasy.

How do I deal with the chaos? Mainly I try to ignore it as much as possible or to try to find humor in the insanity. Pretty much the same way one would deal with terminal cancer. (I drink a lot.)

Old 08-04-2017, 08:20 PM

5,123 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Yes, he is a man of my time, and like many of us, he is completely nuts. Whether he is psychotic or senile (demented) I cannot say, ....)

Old 08-04-2017, 08:27 PM

5,123 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Didn't you vote for him? I can rest easy I did not vote for Trump or Hillary. Hillary only represented 1/3 of Americans who have formal college education, feminist and other liberal types. She called black men super predators, and called men deplorable. She did not represent much of America thus resulting in her loss. Trump does not represent much for anything. I have a feeling that plenty of NYC real estate Jewish families voted for Trump, but they too are going to get conned by him. I don't love Trump, but I also don't hate him. I have respect for the guy, and I have to say is that he needs some serious help. Jared, Bannon, Conway all need to be fired. Jared needs to go back to his traditional industry of Real Estate, Bannon should go back to his pro racists website Breitbart.

If the election went over again with the same pool of candidates, I would no doubt vote for Trump again.
As a matter of fact, Trump has put out a lot of potentially effective proposals to address the political and societal cancers that the US has been plagued with. Unfortunately, he lacks the executive skills to have his proposals passed by those career politicians. Once he started appointing his cabinet members, his incompetency as POTUS became nakedly clear to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City