Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 07:34 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,113 times

Advertisements

Ms. Luann Rogaine or whatever her name is should voluntarily give up her kids up for adoption. Where are the dads of her kids? Who pays child support? I feel sorry for her kids. If she's waiting for housing she is in for a long wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 10:08 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,300,620 times
I have empathy for people who are truly down on their luck. Unfortunately many use homeless shelters to fast track obtaining subsidized apartment. I remeber clicking on reviews for homeless shelters. Some of the reviewers had multiple reviews within the same time period for mid priced hotel, pricey clothing store, bar and lounge reviews, multiple restaurant reviews etc. Life can't be that bad if u can afford all this. When i was poor 70% of my pay went to rent. I never ate out and brought lunch to work everyday.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:34 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,563 times
Default Some put themselves in that position

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
The lady, Leeyon, is complaining about being in a one-room with her two children but I wonder where is the children's father(s)? Why isn't he helping to provide a life for her and the children since he helped her get into that position. I've seen that time and time again, women have choose to have children by men that are useless outside of sex and then complain about because the city, state, federal government or other agency is not doing more for them. Do more for yourself by making better choices? It's like these women literally do not hold men in their lives responsible at all. But they have the nerve to complain about everyone else even other family members who will not give them a free ride so they can continue meeting useless men and getting impregnated by.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:19 AM

Default You've been through it and came out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
(they shipped he dead body back to jersey I mean). She died sometime between 2007 and 2009. My sister thinks they put her in a potter's field, but where are they are in NYC!? Someone told me she might have been sent to Long Island in a potter's field. She was homeless in Jersey, the Bronx, Manhattan (lower... probably for methadone... She used to take me on the bus as a kid through port authority to get her methadone and then leave me on the street with people. Then I snitched on her and she disappeared and I never saw her again.
Aquarius,

I am so sorry to hear that you've experienced that. It's a dang shame what some children have to face in life due to no fault of their own but due to their parent(s). I'd like to ask where was your extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins) and if you know why none of them stepped up to take you kids away from this drug abusing woman. This is a public forum so if you don't want to share that, I definitely understand. I worked in NYC social services for a number of years and cried many tears at how cruel life is sometimes towards innocent people.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:31 AM

Default True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
the homeless city grew big because EVERYONE KNOWS that NYC has a legal obligation to house you! All you need to do is move here with a phony police report of domestic abuse. You don't think cops in bumblef----ck areas don't doctor up these reports to get their homeless out of their hair!? You are clueless. I know multiple people who have done this and wound up now living off the system. NYC and SF, California are the epi-centers for this kind of abuse and who pays dearly in the end? Those of us who are responsible enough not to shart out love-babies!
Yes, people who are intent on getting over by living off the kindness of others are very good at gaming the system. They know all of the right buzzwords to use: I am afraid of him or I'm afraid for my safety (said by single women with children and then when they're given a place to stay they sneak the man in to live there too), I hear voices or I thinking about harming/killing myself (to get a mental diagnosis, a med script, and eligibilty to collect SSI check), etc. I don't like much about Trump and definitely not a supporter and although he is wrong about many things he's right about these liberal cities like NYC and SF that have totally messed up. They had good intentions but administered them wrong. I include all anctuary cities as a mess, as well. It encourages people to continue the wrong behavior for a reward and pity.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:38 AM

Default Some are

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Most of the people who go homeless are working people like yourself who are one paycheck away from homelessness and in a rapidly gentrifying city where Blocks mberg froze Section 8 what else could happen. Consoyour own precarious situation you can drop the right wing bs of blaming it all on migrants from other states.
SOME of the people who go homeless are working people. The others are people who put themselves and their children in that situation because of their own bad choices. They won't own up to it and liberal SJWs tell them "none of this is your fault ". That's crippling people by not only enabling behavior to grow that should have been checked long ago but it also convinces them that they have no power over their lives to do anything differently or makes changes that may bring about better results. Instead, their predicament is like cancer allowed to spread because it's left totally untreated.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:51 AM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Read these stories about those being put up in fancy NYC hotels while seemingly doing nothing to better their situations, then I think of our own WildCardSteve who just cannot seem to catch a break.

There is a guy who did everything right, got a great education including post graduate, and now finds himself living rough even though he's trying everything possible to lift himself up and out.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:06 AM

954 posts, read 939,392 times
Quote:
Read these stories about those being put up in fancy NYC hotels while seemingly doing nothing to better their situations, then I think of our own WildCardSteve who just cannot seem to catch a break.

There is a guy who did everything right, got a great education including post graduate, and now finds himself living rough even though he's trying everything possible to lift himself up and out.
Agreed, it really is a shame.

How is this woman allowed to keep her kids??!? And she's pregnant with a third?? Crazy! Keep your legs closed and get a job! How does she even have time to have sex?? I don't mean to be so judgemental but this is insane.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:36 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:

Those people are probably better st the politics of getting services than Steve. No one gets anything just because they are nice or because they did the so called right thing. Playing the politics of it all is important. Steve tries to do things by himself, and you essentially cannot get anything done by yourself. Steve will need to truly humble himself and admit he needs help. If you need a place to stay and food don't mention your education, work history, etc. Mention that you are broke and that you cannot find work and that you are starving. Once you get help and a stable place to stay then you reassess what kind of work you're going for.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:41 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Never knew *Kool-Aid* was juice.

All low-quality garbage. Would not eat at any of it. Cannot understand how poor people are supposed to get ahead eating such rubbish. Perhaps you think Wendy's *natural* french fries are healthy but would rather make my own fries in the oven. Organic potatoes roasted in organic or GMO free olive oil is a much simpler and cheaper option. Can get organic potatoes in the bag or whatever for $4.99, and Whole Foods has GMO free olive oil for $6.99. Buy organic chicken sausage and some salad and veggies and have a meal for days.
Agree, but we aren't homeless.

There is also a Burger King on Broad st.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City