U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 09:45 PM

3,655 posts, read 2,173,416 times

Advertisements

Drives me crazy! Do you guys see (HEAR) this on a regular basis too? It is typically some idiot who is purposefully trying to annoy the people around them.

Loudly repeating whatever gangster rap (and I like gangster rap) or whatever trash they are listening to on their headphones. "**** you *****, I shoot yo ass, die die die, gun shot sounds, *****."

OMG, s t f u!

For me, this is even more annoying than bums, etc.

What do you guys think?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 10:48 PM

983 posts, read 766,353 times
I very rarely see this, but I often am sitting next to some guy whose earbuds are so loud that I can hear his crappy manufactured fake electronic drum beats over my own headphones. How do they not go deaf?

Old 08-07-2017, 10:51 PM

7,108 posts, read 2,910,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
I very rarely see this, but I often am sitting next to some guy whose earbuds are so loud that I can hear his crappy manufactured fake electronic drum beats over my own headphones. How do they not go deaf?
Maybe they're already partially are & hence the cranked up volume.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:40 AM

2,167 posts, read 1,286,768 times
I've always been amazed by this phenomenon, the young idiot rapping the most ridiculous lyrics out loud. It's as if they think it's impressive.

No, it's quite stupid, actually, no one is impressed.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:50 AM

16,906 posts, read 28,368,714 times
^, yeah basically, i agree.....

any type of music in the subways is annoying, how about waiting for a train and a "wanna be" group is performing?, its annoying and disruptive.
people are tired and have thoughts of what they are going to do, go, etc....no one wants to hear "noise" they call music.

its annoying.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:10 AM

37,690 posts, read 37,977,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
My thoughts exactly!

Old 08-08-2017, 06:17 AM

10,471 posts, read 7,308,346 times

I like leaving my subway art.. Has anyone encountered it yet? I appreciate all feedback.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:19 AM

7,149 posts, read 10,753,387 times
How about singing aloud some Air Supply songs? Would that make it better?

Old 08-08-2017, 07:08 AM

9,855 posts, read 23,728,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Drives me crazy! Do you guys see (HEAR) this on a regular basis too? It is typically some idiot who is purposefully trying to annoy the people around them.

Loudly repeating whatever gangster rap (and I like gangster rap) or whatever trash they are listening to on their headphones. "**** you *****, I shoot yo ass, die die die, gun shot sounds, *****."

OMG, s t f u!

What do you guys think?
Definitely has always been a peeve of mine. Would give you rep points but says I have to spread them around.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:20 AM

12,344 posts, read 24,132,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post

OMG, s t f u!

What do you guys think?
Yup. Also all or the overwhelming majority of times I've heard this, it has been gangster rap. The other thing I've noticed is people who are banging/dipping their head in an exaggerated manner and swinging all around. It's not as annoying as the noise but I find it just to be some sort of attention grabber and not something that should be done with tons of people around.

Of course, if there were going to be a list of annoyances on the subway, the head banging would not even come in in the top 10. Just thought I would mention it since it sort of related to topic at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: