Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 06:02 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times

Advertisements

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...ta-50th-street

Omg, I don't think I have ever been through a subway morning delay this bad. I usually would not even go through the turnstile if I see something is wrong then I'll walk or take the bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 06:27 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,857,477 times
look at all those sheep. i can't wait to escape from this disgusting city. doubt it will ever happen, i'll probably die in a crowd like that of a heart attack or fall on the tracks.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:28 PM

this morning on the n/q/r lines was BAD, but it has been worse, much much much worse many times before. I'm not what my reasoning is to do this to myself on a daily basis. I'm a masochist I guess that can't offer anything of worth other than in this rathole city.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:30 PM

the worst part is the bodily SMELL of supposedly washed people, being crammed into those sardine cans. ****, crap, menses, farts, and a gazillion other miasmas that make me want to jump in front of the next train, but there's no room to even jump in front of that next train. It's only going to get worse ten-fold. I can't deal with half an hour of being so close to other peoples' smelly private parts that they can't ask to wash and spray properly and just in general, it's truly disgusting. NYC is nice if you can walk to work, it blows if you have to live here like this.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:40 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,578,000 times
That's why you can't be taking the subway around the time that most people taking those public transportation. You have to be 30 minutes or 1 hour early. Yes, it sound like too early or waste of time, but think about if you stuck in this kind of delay, the wait sometime is 2 - 4 hours. So, which one is better? Taking train 30 minutes to 1 hour early or stuck in this kind of mess for 2-4 hours. You pick.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:47 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,360,127 times
That picture is my nightmare.

I am thankful I commute off peak hours but whatever work they're doing right now with the Q train---man. When it hits Atlantic, even at 11:30 PM, there is just a wall of people getting off on the Brooklyn bound side. (The train is stopping and just going back to the city at that point.)

I do work every other weekend though so I always have something to watch out for because any possible train I can take to work has something being worked on for another year at least. Weekends are rough.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:19 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
the worst part is the bodily SMELL of supposedly washed people, being crammed into those sardine cans. ****, crap, menses, farts, and a gazillion other miasmas that make me want to jump in front of the next train, but there's no room to even jump in front of that next train. It's only going to get worse ten-fold. I can't deal with half an hour of being so close to other peoples' smelly private parts that they can't ask to wash and spray properly and just in general, it's truly disgusting. NYC is nice if you can walk to work, it blows if you have to live here like this.
You can wash off sweat but not body scent. If you can smell someone's scent that's what the smells like regardless how many times they wash the scent will be back a few minutes after shower.

I was at the gym and some really smelly and hairy guy went in the shower after he got out, I can still smell his scent. God bless whoever marries this fella.

Back on topic, the worst part of being on the busy platform and in crowded train is that stealthy stingy fart or sometimes standing next to a bunch of painter dudes in their dirty paint covered painter outfit.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:19 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Quote:
look at all those sheep. i can't wait to escape from this disgusting city. doubt it will ever happen, i'll probably die in a crowd like that of a heart attack or fall on the tracks.
Quote:
this morning on the n/q/r lines was BAD, but it has been worse, much much much worse many times before. I'm not what my reasoning is to do this to myself on a daily basis. I'm a masochist I guess that can't offer anything of worth other than in this rathole city.
Quote:
Get out of this city and/or do something different from your life. From the posts on this forum, you are getting crazier and more embittered.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:28 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,916,363 times
Quote:
look at all those sheep.

Sheep?! Looks like people trying to get to work, being failed by the MTA.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:09 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
People WILL be pushed onto the tracks. I am amazed it has not happened already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: