Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2017, 10:45 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
When you're highly educated in nothingness, are you really highly educated? There are people who are products of academia and academia tends to be mostly filled with bull**** artists.

I'm saying this as someone with a graduate degree, a wife with 2 grad degrees, a brother with one, and an aunt with 2 as well. Anyone who's spent any time in academia can smell people like NYwriterdude from a mile away.
Define bull**** artist. Define nothingness. And please tell us how employable someone with degrees from no name NY schools (CUNY and SUNY) is outside the NY area.

And I suspect that's what's behind the above sentiment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 04:53 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Define bull**** artist. Define nothingness. And please tell us how employable someone with degrees from no name NY schools (CUNY and SUNY) is outside the NY area.

And I suspect that's what's behind the above sentiment.
How are folks in NYC are employable in the nyc area with SUNY and CUNY degrees? I know folks with degrees from those institutions and do quite well outside nyc. In NYC does degrees don't do much. Nyc is an elite city, employers want the best. Why do you think highly educated folks flick to nyc after college from a top private institution?

Old 09-15-2017, 04:58 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Caribny and Nywriterdude say some of the zaniest comments, however they are highly educated, and highly educated people same some crazy stuff. Case in point, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and Mike Bloomberg.
They suffer from white guilt.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:03 AM

175 posts, read 134,692 times
Quote:
Especially Pierre Pont. He is another pink elephant in the room.
Pierrepoint is same as them, its a clique

Old 09-15-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
They suffer from white guilt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westindianguy View Post
Believe it or not. Some of these educated liberals are the real racist and classist in the rooms, yet they don't want to admit it.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:22 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Believe it or not. Some of these educated liberals are the real racist and classist in the rooms, yet they don't want to admit it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westindianguy View Post
For the last time, am *NOT* a liberal. Am fiscally *conservative*, a *protectionist* and voted for *TRUMP*. Voted Romney last time.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:17 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,547,924 times
A lot of them have moved into places like DC, Atlanta, and Houston.

Our African and Caribbean population is booming in DC area for example. I've specifically met multiple people who moved down here after entering the country from NYC.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:20 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
For the last time, am *NOT* a liberal. Am fiscally *conservative*, a *protectionist* and voted for *TRUMP*. Voted Romney last time.
We disagree a lot, I don't see how you get grouped with me. Next thing you know they'll be claiming we're the same person! Or they'll take it further and saw you, CaribNY, and I are the same person.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
What. A buffoon. You went form Romney and than changed for none talking establishment Trump. I have to laugh at your kind. Not that I hate Trump or not, I highly respect him.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
We disagree a lot, I don't see how you get grouped with me. Next thing you know they'll be claiming we're the same person! Or they'll take it further and saw you, CaribNY, and I are the same person.
I just want an apology from you. You called me a white supremacist. That's all. And I will stop grouping you in with such characters. I find calling me white supremacist very offensive. It's like calling some one a ni&&er
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City