Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 11:27 AM

152 posts, read 109,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmeirgoggles View Post
I think all the low class poor people who cant afford NYC should just pack up and leave.

NYC should be only for high society business people.
I don't agree. That is a bit insensitive no? Also who is going to prepare the meals, watch the children and clean up after all the high society business tro...oops people? Because you guys are too busy trol...oops doing high society business stuff right? I don't think this will work in NYC. There are things the wealthy usually outsource, what happens when no one will be here to do those jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am smelling a troll from the Bronx...
haha a high class and high society troll with custom made Fendi handbags. So cute!
I wonder how much the rent is under that little bridge in the Bronx? Do trolls have roommates or do they borrow from the Leprechaun bank and get a mortgage loan? Just wondering?

Old 08-30-2017, 11:45 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,075,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmeirgoggles View Post

NYC should be only for high society business people.
That's an oxymoron. No such thing as "high society" business people.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:47 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_Her_CC_Q4 View Post
haha a high class and high society troll with custom made Fendi handbags. So cute!
I wonder how much the rent is under that little bridge in the Bronx? Do trolls have roommates or do they borrow from the Leprechaun bank and get a mortgage loan? Just wondering?
*LOL*. Would be one thing if the OP was living in Riverdale or a nice part of the Bronx like City Island or Country Club, but didn't get that impression based on their subway ride. Very few parts of the Bronx are nice *with* close subway access, and none of them qualify as even upper middle class to upper class, so am not sure what *high society* the OP is living. Riverdale is an upper middle to upper class area but has no subway and Country Club is the only thing that's really close to being an upper middle class area in parts, and it too has no subway.

Old 08-30-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
*LOL*. Would be one thing if the OP was living in Riverdale or a nice part of the Bronx like City Island or Country Club, but didn't get that impression based on their subway ride. Very few parts of the Bronx are nice *with* close subway access, and none of them qualify as even upper middle class to upper class, so am not sure what *high society* the OP is living. Riverdale is an upper middle to upper class area but has no subway and Country Club is the only thing that's really close to being an upper middle class area in parts, and it too has no subway.
Pierre you are a better person than I am. I never bothered to read through their details to get an idea of where they are coming from. I can't take this person (CMG) seriously because they post the most offensive/incendiary things, so I just figured they are working on their humor and joined in.

Yeah Country Club is a bit isolated as are Silver Beach, Edgewater Park. City Island is a pain when you have to take the bus and be somewhere on time LOL. Most people who live here like it that way, most drive and or boat places.

High society...lol thats a funny one no?!

Old 08-30-2017, 12:09 PM

965 posts, read 1,114,064 times
Quote:
Am smelling a troll from the Bronx...
Nah, this one is from Flatbush. Brooklyn can take this L.

Old 08-30-2017, 12:12 PM

782 posts, read 527,280 times
You guys know that if you acknowledge a troll, you're feeding it, right? Ignore, ignore, ignore.

As for the topic at hand, context is important. Costs are up everywhere and for everything. It's called inflation. And NYC has always been one of the most expensive cities when it comes to rents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funcrusher3000 View Post
It is indeed crazy. What's crazier is how small the difference in minimum price is between what are considered rough neighborhoods and middle/working class ones that are several steps up in life quality and safety. Its seems like places like East New York or Mott Haven have starting rents that aren't that far off from ,say, Bensonhurst or Woodside.
One reason is Section 8 allowances are based on market rates. So when market rates go up, so do Section 8 voucher rates.

Also, I would question that any of us really know the floor prices for any neighborhood unless we're doing an apartment hunt ourselves. Even in poor neighborhoods, there are landlords that prefer not to rent to people with vouchers and you'll probably find lower rents there. These are not going to be as widely advertised. You have to know where to look and who to talk to.

Old 08-30-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Nah, this one is from Flatbush. Brooklyn can take this L.
hahah bet...and because this troll mentioned a $400 Fendi purse we know they are from BK, somebody lit....those pieces were hitting for the low low LOL. Because you are lucky if you find a wallet for that price in the outlets. Plus the high class Bronx trolls were Chanel or Gucci LMAO

Old 08-30-2017, 12:42 PM

37,142 posts, read 39,394,719 times
I swear I've taken the 1 to Riverdale several times before.

And yes, the rents are very high in NYC. Not so high in even great parts of Chicago, y'all!

Old 08-30-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC305 View Post
You guys know that if you acknowledge a troll, you're feeding it, right? Ignore, ignore, ignore.

As for the topic at hand, context is important. Costs are up everywhere and for everything. It's called inflation. And NYC has always been one of the most expensive cities when it comes to rents.

One reason is Section 8 allowances are based on market rates. So when market rates go up, so do Section 8 voucher rates.

Also, I would question that any of us really know the floor prices for any neighborhood unless we're doing an apartment hunt ourselves. Even in poor neighborhoods, there are landlords that prefer not to rent to people with vouchers and you'll probably find lower rents there. These are not going to be as widely advertised. You have to know where to look and who to talk to.
Well that is true but, who doesn't like a little humor? I mean if they are still posting silliness (and are not blocked) then why not have some fun with them? Some people complain about the lottery posts, this is different than those at least.

You have a point with the non advertised rentals. Many neighborhoods rent by word of mouth. You can find some very nice units in good areas if you know where to look and who to speak with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City