Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2017, 10:27 AM

782 posts, read 527,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Yes but saying it's a brand that transplants flock to is false. It's a NYC thing.
You sound like a transplant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 10:44 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC305 View Post
Where did Shake Shack start and what was it's original purpose?

Old 09-07-2017, 10:47 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Food cart in Madison Sq Park in NYC. A lot of hype over its burgers and weiners dogs grew and now you have Shake Shack restaurants. Calexico has a similar story.

xoxo tiddays!

Old 09-07-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I already shared my abundance of useless shake shack info. Which by the way is based on working and living near the original location.

So when did you move to NY?

Also, you do know all chains start somewhere, right? Do you define each one of them by their first location?

Old 09-07-2017, 01:29 PM

11 posts, read 13,716 times
Shake Shack is nasty.

I do like Chipotle. It hits the spot when I'm hungry lol.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:45 PM

375 posts, read 323,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickqueen View Post
I do like Chipotle. It hits the spot when I'm hungry lol.
Agreed!

Old 09-07-2017, 03:11 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
We'll see what happens when ZinBurger or Bobby's open more joints in NYC. I go to those guys more these days because they have better patties.

In terms of burger quality, here are my ratings here from high to lowest for burger franchises.

Zinburger - Absolutely best meat flavor and great service.
Bobby's - Tied with Zinburger in meat flavor and bite. Inconsistent service.
Texas Roadhouse BBQ - While not a burger place, I had one of the damn best smokehouse burger there.
Shake Shack
Fuddruckers
In-N-Out
Whataburger
5 Guys
Smashburgers
Wendys > BK > McD.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:34 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
I already shared my abundance of useless shake shack info. Which by the way is based on working and living near the original location.

So when did you move to NY?

Also, you do know all chains start somewhere, right? Do you define each one of them by their first location?
Shake Shack is not generic. All chains start somewhere but I would not define those by their first location. Neither have the close ties that Shack does to NYC. You could argue that this is because the company is so young, but this has become more important the bigger they have got.

I have been going to Shake Shack since there was 1 location.

Old 09-09-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Shake Shack is not generic. All chains start somewhere but I would not define those by their first location. Neither have the close ties that Shack does to NYC. You could argue that this is because the company is so young, but this has become more important the bigger they have got.

I have been going to Shake Shack since there was 1 location.
Alright whatever. I don't know what's so unique about a place that sells burgers, hot dogs and fries. It sounds like you started going in your formative years and that's why you associate it with New York. Shake Shack is really not that special. Very smart branding but that's true of a lot of chains. That's how businesses become successful chains in the first place.

Old 09-09-2017, 06:31 AM

343 posts, read 254,492 times
Quote:
PDF is a white transplant (from the suburbs) that acts like he knows everything about NYC, and thinks he is tough behind a keyboard but is really a snotty and wimpy brat with a lot to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City