Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2017, 04:43 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times

Advertisements

quote:
Shake Shack is really, really good. The buns are perfect. Soft without falling apart, with a hint of butter and toasted on the inside. The meat can taste a little too beefy sometimes, which is why I never go double meat, but it let's you know that you're eating real food. It's honestly one of the best burgers under $10.00 in NYC, if not the best.

but fast food burgers SHOULD NOT COST just under 10 dollars. That's more than minimum wage! wtf? I realize the kinds of people who live in this city these days are so clueless about the true cost of things and value, but ooooof. Get some perspective and come back down to Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 04:46 PM

283 posts, read 233,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
quote:
Shake Shack is really, really good. The buns are perfect. Soft without falling apart, with a hint of butter and toasted on the inside. The meat can taste a little too beefy sometimes, which is why I never go double meat, but it let's you know that you're eating real food. It's honestly one of the best burgers under $10.00 in NYC, if not the best.

but fast food burgers SHOULD NOT COST just under 10 dollars. That's more than minimum wage! wtf? I realize the kinds of people who live in this city these days are so clueless about the true cost of things and value, but ooooof. Get some perspective and come back down to Earth.
The shack burger is $5.50

Old 09-03-2017, 05:01 PM

for just a slab of beef and a bun. they charge like 40 dollars for a slice of cheese and a slice of lettuce. FTS

Old 09-03-2017, 05:03 PM

people also forget to add in our ridiculous NYS sales tax, so that 550 is over 6.

then quadrupled when you dare ask for a slice of cheese. CAN I PLEASE HAVE A SLICE OF CHEESE, SIR!? *slap*

Old 09-03-2017, 05:36 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
people also forget to add in our ridiculous NYS sales tax, so that 550 is over 6.

then quadrupled when you dare ask for a slice of cheese. CAN I PLEASE HAVE A SLICE OF CHEESE, SIR!? *slap*
What are you going on about? They don't charge extra for cheese.

Old 09-03-2017, 05:38 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

While these pics could be subjective, I've ate at 5 guys enough to know they are very inconsistent. I had burgers that were soaked with greese and the buns aren't even properly toasted to one places nearby that had great burgers but the fries were so skimpy. Instead of giving me a bag filled fries they gave me just a small cup of fries and it wasn't cheap at all consider many burgers are pretty good at food trucks.

Shake Shack which I have gone to many times but prefer not to go because of the lines I have to say the food was much more consistent and have guys that speak English. Most of the guys working on Five guys are hispanic with limited English.

I've been to In-Out twice in LA and imo, it was vastly more rated than Shack Shack. It was just above average fast food burger but not Shack Shack quality in terms of detail and consistency.

Try taking each burger apart and compare the amount of time each place spent on building the burger. 5 guys already failed at the buns compared to others.
May be one of the only times I've agreed with you on here. Usually you're too busy doing competitive walking. But you get it. Shake Shack's presentation is excellent, and the burgers aren't greasy either. It's all by design.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:22 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
What are you going on about? They don't charge extra for cheese.
Can't expect much from someone who gets better food for his mutt than for himself.

Quote:
May be one of the only times I've agreed with you on here. Usually you're too busy doing competitive walking. But you get it. Shake Shack's presentation is excellent, and the burgers aren't greasy either. It's all by design.
Am in disagreement. Have had burgers from Shake Shack that were incredibly greasy. In fact, found that and the fries *terrible*. Am not a fan of crinkly fries. However, can confirm that their milkshakes are outstanding, as are the sausages. Am wondering which Shake Shack is the best? Have considered the one on the Upper West Side but always seems crowded.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:25 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Can't expect much from someone who gets better food for his mutt than for himself.

Am in disagreement. Have had burgers from Shake Shack that were incredibly greasy. In fact, found that and the fries *terrible*. Am not a fan of crinkly fries. However, can confirm that their milkshakes are outstanding, as are the sausages. Am wondering which Shake Shack is the best? Have considered the one on the Upper West Side but always seems crowded.
Go to the one at Grand Central or Battery Park City. Those aren't as busy. But any location in Manhattan is going to be crazy.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:33 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Go to the one at Grand Central or Battery Park City. Those aren't as busy. But any location in Manhattan is going to be crazy.
Already tried Grand Central. Overrun with tourists and the homeless picking in the garbage cans or talking to themselves while smelling up the entire lower level. The Battery Park one is a good one. A little out of the way from it all.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:10 PM

37,153 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post

Five Guys is way too greasy and the bun always falls apart. The ingredients feel subpar.

I used to love Chipotle but lately they've been less on point. They need better quality control. At some locations their food tastes... tasteless.
Try Dos Toros instead of Chipotle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City