Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:28 PM

139 posts, read 924,079 times

Advertisements

you go home everyday after your shift is over im a project baby(dont mistake my facts from braggin) trust me the pj's in ny is 10x safer.if i wasnt from the projects & was looking from the outside like munchie is i would take a resident's information 1st hand before i do a cop's.just my opinion though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 04:32 PM

things going on law wise for public housin in ny now wasnt going on 10 years ago thats why you had killings every other day /heavy drug pushing(speaking on kilograms of weight not the small-time ounces ,pounds & nickel & dime movers in the projects now)..in the bronx now you will get locked up for loitering if you stand around in most project lobbie's now(Weather you a resident or not) that wasnt active 10 years ago.lobby was the main spot people would get killed in.most of the troublemakers across the city housing projects to this day is suffering from rico-law,upstate-ny doing a bid,dead or relocated to cheaper hoods in other cities to do there dirt.oh yeah by the way most housing projects in ny never had no such thing as "housing police" & "foot patrol" in the 90s just ya usual car patrol that would drive threw the block maybe 2-3 times a day (during the same time shift)..atleast not the bad projects(wouldnt have this housing police/foot patrol),thats another sign things is clearing up.cops on foot would of got killed no questions asked for walking around projects

Last edited by Q-d0g_Bronx; 03-15-2008 at 04:42 PM..

Old 03-15-2008, 04:47 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
Hey seventhfloor, apparently your elevator does not go to the top. I worked the projects with the NYCHAPD, I dont have it wrong, but our perception of safety may be way different. The PSA's put out a few patrol cars and may have some OT units working, usually in a van, but little else. If anyone is interested in the crime situation find the (PSA) Police Service Area that covers the project you may be interested in. Go in and talk to a uniform cop with some time on, NOT the community officer, and get the real story. Ask the cop if his family lives in the pj's and would he recommend them to his family. I know the answer.
and another thing, the way they pay rookies nowadays the projects is prolly the only place new recruits can afford. so good job on bashing the projects.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-15-2008, 04:50 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,553,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
OP specifically asked about public housing, as she was considering it and she got real answers form me and q-dog. real residents, i might as well consider myself a resident because i'm there every day. i dont feel in danger. hell, i went out at 4 AM this morning to get a beer.
And what's that supposed to mean?

Also, the cop who works the Housing beat will know more, beside the fact that they'll respond to any calls there, but that they will patrol every building in that development, as opposed to the standard resident who will only stay in their building or hang out in another one.

Last edited by 009; 03-15-2008 at 05:00 PM..

Old 03-15-2008, 05:03 PM

it means that i feel safe in my projects anytime of the night. simple as that. the cops dont live there 24 hours a day they are there specifically to respond to crime. so of course they gonna know every aspect. and i seen your other post about RV. now those projects are no joke. lol. i been there a few times....in like 99-2000.

dont worry q-dog we know whats real

Old 03-15-2008, 05:26 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,553,840 times
Quote:
it means that i feel safe in my projects anytime of the night. simple as that. the cops dont live there 24 hours a day they are there specifically to respond to crime. so of course they gonna know every aspect. and i seen your other post about RV. now those projects are no joke. lol. i been there a few times....in like 99-2000.

dont worry q-dog we know whats real
You, Q-dog, and when I lived in the projects weren't around 24 hours a day either. We have no clue as to when a crime occurs in another development, police do, unless you buy a scanner and tally up or some tells you what occurred.

Like I stated, I've done my time. Most of it has been hell. Might be better for someone else, it's all subjective.(right word?)

I have no problems walking by and visiting people who live in those deplorable conditions, but living in one is not my cup of tea.

But the overall status of NYCHA(who has self-proclaimed as being the safest public housing in the nation, which is bull****.) is sad.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:48 PM

nahhh NYCHA is the safest in the nation.....and for you to say its sad gives perspective on how much worse pjs outside of nyc are.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 PM

word seventh.its kinda sad really when people who are not from public housing try to paint a negative picture on it..if you was in public housing in the 90's it doesnt take a rocket scientist of any age to tell the difference from then to now in the 21st century.the kids growing up in public housing in ny now are a different breed from brothers in the 80s/90s .dudes back then was more ruthless.kids today wanna play tough but when things really hit the fan they will fall back.im in my early 20s & know differences from then & now.brothers back in the 90s would have shootouts in broad day light with patrol officers.kids nowadays wouldnt think twice about going there with the cops.point of that sentence=2 different breeds.thats why you see alotta kids nowadays pretending to be bloods & crips in public housing in ny.i know alotta people on here are white/caucasian so the thought of being in any public housing at night in ny might give you nightmares or whatever but its not that bad.and to the dude 009 i just said things happen in the projects here & there..the same in middle class & lower class suburbs,no big difference.people hear projects & think all projects are wild,things happen here & there mostly personal domestic problems but are the pjs in ny anything near what they once was?not at all. i dont really follow statics other then homicide & which city is the "baddest" but i didnt need to hear the stats of nycha being the safest in country because again it doesnt take a genius to see differences between then & now to see how they calmed down

Last edited by Q-d0g_Bronx; 03-15-2008 at 06:22 PM..

Old 03-15-2008, 08:50 PM

575 posts, read 1,516,207 times
Quote:
a cop sees every aspect of crime that i wouldnt. of course his answer will be different than mine. like i said, i see cops walking the beat in hammels where i'm usually at. and hammels has definitely calmed down, it used to be the wild west back in the day. there are still quality of life issues, but its the projects. the OP specifically asked about public housing, as she was considering it and she got real answers form me and q-dog. real residents, i might as well consider myself a resident because i'm there every day. i dont feel in danger. hell, i went out at 4 AM this morning to get a beer.

Typical project resident

Old 03-15-2008, 09:10 PM

575 posts, read 1,516,207 times
NYCHA CLAREMONT REHABS March 15, 2008 -- A 10-year-old girl was sexually assaulted on a Bronx rooftop last night, police sources said.

The attack took place in a building on College Avenue near East 167th Street, in the Claremont neighborhood at 8:30 p.m., sources said.

The attacker was an emotionally disturbed man who lived in the building, according to a TV report.

Police were searching for the man last night as doctors were examining the girl.

"That's real terrible for something like that to happen to a little girl," said neighbor James Woods, 49. "It makes me feel terrible. I've got nieces and nephews."

NOT TOO SAFE FOR A 10 YEAR OLD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City