Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 09:59 AM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Yeah but its not like you're getting drumsticks, legs and thighs

Just wings

You got black friends? Ever been to their house when they're serving fried chicken? We dont buy wings. We buy wingettes if anything and flip that into fried or buffalo.
You ever been to Anchor Bar in Buffalo? Home of the true wings. Amazing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 10:03 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
You ever been to Anchor Bar in Buffalo? Home of the true wings. Amazing!
Nahh......but I've heard. Definitely on the bucket list. I love some good buffalo wings. Gotta be slightly crispy!

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-06-2017, 10:09 AM

130,259 posts, read 12,099,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
This is Day 1 for me. I am through with it. Lets just eat from grocery stores.

Im tired of all the junk food. The Americanized diet has wrecked our peoples health. Its not just American style food it is also all the ethnic food places they use garbage ingredients and toxic cooking oils and they add MSG and laugh at you in different languages because they know it. Its like a minefield of unhealthy food at almost all levels even a lot of fine dining places skimp on you.

No more delis that over charge you for small portions and they often employ Illegal Immigrants who are criminals. The store owners who employ the criminals from other countries are criminals too just for giving them jobs.

Restaurants use unhealthy oils like vegetable oil and canola oils. They use iodonized salt. Its like all the way down the chain their menu have hidden landmines causing you bad health. All the bread with chemicals. White flour. Processed sugar. Its never ending. Every restaurant sneaks this stuff in. Also when you buy restaurant food you often support criminal immigrants that are employed there.

Lets terminate the political correctness of defending NYC as some utopia of food options. Lets put it behind us. Take a stand. Call these restaurant clowns out on their shadiness. Just because we have cuisine from all around the world does not mean it is any good. Its usually not authentic.

Lets put a stop to these games. Im #1 in line. This is a protest.
well, if this is part of your anti immigrant campaign, I suggest you start raising your own livestock & produce, as many immigrants work in farms, slaughterhouses & produce wholesalers. Or go fish

Old 09-06-2017, 10:39 AM

782 posts, read 527,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Yeah but its not like you're getting drumsticks, legs and thighs

Just wings

You got black friends? Ever been to their house when they're serving fried chicken? We dont buy wings. We buy wingettes if anything and flip that into fried or buffalo.
I have a few black friends and even lived with a black roommate but none of them cook!

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to dispute your history of NYC Chinese takeout places. Just saying that I've been to Chinese takeout places in other parts of the country and they have very similar menus except for the fried chicken part. So there may be some local adaptations.

Another thing, I think someone else mentioned how Chinese takeout places don't offer authentic food at all and that's not exactly true. Things like spare ribs are very similar to Chinese bbq roast pork. Fried rice and lo mein noodles are common Chinese dishes. It's just stir-fry and that's a common cooking technique. Non-Chinese dishes are more like General Tso's chicken and chow mein. The main thing with Americanized Chinese restaurants is they change the sauces and flavors somewhat to adapt to the American palate. The Americanized stuff is sweeter and gloopier.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:49 AM

343 posts, read 254,492 times
Im waiting for more health enthusiasts to comment here. Blake had a few knowledgable things to add. To combat the concept of making our city more knowledgable about eating healthy, is scary.

To even discuss McDonalds here, and "Chinese food" and fried chicken, suggests to me we need to begin discussing the SAD diet (standard American diet) at a much much more elementary level.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:30 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
Im waiting for more health enthusiasts to comment here. Blake had a few knowledgable things to add. To combat the concept of making our city more knowledgable about eating healthy, is scary.

To even discuss McDonalds here, and "Chinese food" and fried chicken, suggests to me we need to begin discussing the SAD diet (standard American diet) at a much much more elementary level.
Like all things in life, the right choice isn't the easy or sexy choice. It's easy to get a bucket of fried chicken with 32oz of soda and enjoy 15 minutes of gluttony that will make you fatter and less healthy, but not so easy to carefully pick a meal of lean protein with broccoli, salad, and low calorie dressing. It's all about awareness and willpower. Some people (most?) just don't care and want their food. Restaurants are happy to give it to them

Old 09-06-2017, 12:07 PM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
I train 4-5 days per week, intensely. I eat 6-7 small meals per day starting the moment I wake up, mostly natural, with a heavy dose of personally killed meat year round.

My "cheats" will be whatever the hell I want. Very few people have a 6 pack at 39. I can eat whatever I want when it's time for cheating. Don't be self-righteous.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:28 PM

175 posts, read 134,795 times
If I go to one of these places and the customer service is bad, I just never go back.

all the Chinese spots I know have fried chicken here in NYC

fried rice and chicken is horrible for your health I feel the effects the next day

Old 09-06-2017, 12:31 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
I train 4-5 days per week, intensely. I eat 6-7 small meals per day starting the moment I wake up, mostly natural, with a heavy dose of personally killed meat year round.

My "cheats" will be whatever the hell I want. Very few people have a 6 pack at 39. I can eat whatever I want when it's time for cheating. Don't be self-righteous.
6-7 meals???? do you prepare it all in the AM?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-06-2017, 12:33 PM

175 posts, read 134,795 times
Quote:

eating 6-7 times is not ideal, back in the old days people ate fewer larger meals

so that why intermittent fasting is better because it gives your body time to rest from eating
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City