Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 08:35 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,500 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna see what they offer me through Prime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 08:53 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Did beer go down? LoL

Whole Foods has a nice selection. I bought my pops some Delirium Red for his birthday a few years back and he loved it.
Unfortunately not. Am big on beer mainly Belgian Ales and German Weißbier and drink a lot of Duvel, Chimay Blue, Rochefort 10, Piraat, Gulden Draak, Scaldis and a host of others, and if anything, the prices have continued to go up. Used to visit Houston Street a lot because they had a separate beer section at that WF, but the last time I went back in August, they replaced it with that coffee shop, and I don't care for WF's coffee at all. Smells worse than Starbucks. Find that Columbus Circle has the best selection, but it's difficult to get the Belgian imports anywhere at a reasonable price. Even tried a location on the UES last summer and found the prices to be a ripoff, but was impressed with the selection. Some like Rochefort 10 are only sold in singles because it is cost prohibitive, and Scaldis and Gulden Draak I tend to get as treats, as they aren't that easy to find. Frequent a bar that carries Chimay Blue and always sets me back $14.00 for the small one.

Delirium Tremens... will drink if the menu doesn't have any of my regulars. Not a huge fan of it overall.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:55 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Unfortunately not. Am big on beer mainly Belgian Ales and German Weißbier and drink a lot of Duvel, Chimay Blue, Rochefort 10, Piraat, Gulden Draak, Scaldis and a host of others, and if anything, the prices have continued to go up. Used to visit Houston Street a lot because they had a separate beer section at that WF, but the last time I went back in August, they replaced it with that coffee shop, and I don't care for WF's coffee at all. Smells worse than Starbucks. Find that Columbus Circle has the best selection, but it's difficult to get the Belgian imports anywhere at a reasonable price. Even tried a location on the UES last summer and found the prices to be a ripoff, but was impressed with the selection. Some like Rochefort 10 are only sold in singles because it is cost prohibitive, and Scaldis and Gulden Draak I tend to get as treats, as they aren't that easy to find. Frequent a bar that carries Chimay Blue and always sets me back $14.00 for the small one.

Delirium Tremens... will drink if the menu doesn't have any of my regulars. Not a huge fan of it overall.
Gulden Draak is my shhhht.......two of those will make me go to sleep quicker than anything haha

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-05-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Gulden Draak is my shhhht.......two of those will make me go to sleep quicker than anything haha
Yes the alcohol content is *high* which is why such beers are so complex. Rochefort 10 is actually brewed by monks who only make enough batches needed to support the place, so small batches mean high prices. Can usually drink a Chimay Blue, two Duvels and am feeling *good*.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:32 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
I do not understand why more people dont go the fruit stand to buy fruit. You'd be amazed at the price difference

Old 09-06-2017, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
I do not understand why more people dont go the fruit stand to buy fruit. You'd be amazed at the price difference
First off who has time for all of that? I may got to WF twice a week or whatever, but am in and out usually in 20 minutes. More stops means more time and for what a few dollars? As long as the fruit is decent at WF just stick with that when I go.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:11 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
I post this before I really miss those Korean fruit stands !!

Old 09-06-2017, 09:07 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Do you anticipate giving them more of your business?

Do you realize this will lead to more "regular" markets closing? And may kill off Fairway, too.

I suppose I'll take a peek at some point, but I'm worried about the fallout.

No as the Whole Foods is not conveniently located for me and I don't shop for food online.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:02 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
First off who has time for all of that? I may got to WF twice a week or whatever, but am in and out usually in 20 minutes. More stops means more time and for what a few dollars? As long as the fruit is decent at WF just stick with that when I go.
Fruit stands don't have the best fruit selections. That's why in general more people don't go. If I were walking by one and I saw a good price on something I liked I would buy.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:03 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I got to Whole Foods regularly maybe twice a month and my last trip I saw maybe a bit more sales and promotional items but nothing much has changed. Waiting for Amazon's next big change. If you expect 20-40% off grocery then you'll be disappointed.
I got some pretty good deals when I went.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City