Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 05:16 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
But that's an example of white privilege. The people with money tend to be *white*, and only deal with people in their social-economic and educational background, which are *white*. How many black kids are graduating from top Ivy Schools AND have mommy and daddy who have social connections to get them a nice cushy job when they graduate? Not many. There's nothing racist about that, but it's an example of an advantage that some whites have that most blacks will never be privy to.
This explains why white Harvard MBA grads 20 years out earn way more than the nonwhite ones, even the Asians.

Our Trump supporter will scream that black Harvard MBAs are lazy and prefer to live off food stamps.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
It's funny that you acknowledge the systematic racism, but yet condemn black Americans for not doing better. it.
And when exactly did I condemn black Americans for not doing better? Talk to NYWriterdude on that one.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
He's black, but not African American, or black American which is the correct term. .
Wow this is from the man who never has anything good to say about any group of blacks. Even black women have to curse you out for making derogatory remarks and then you wondered why people call Trump a racist.

Why don't you cite an example of where I said that Caribbean blacks are superior? Now I know that you will come back with something stupid given that you have proven many times that your intellectual capacity is somewhat limited.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
The fact bold part is not necessarily true. According to Howard Zinn, during 19th century America, plenty of Americans did not want to hire the Irish, and preferred to hire blacks over the Irish. .
As late as the 1920s black college grads had to work on trains as porters and considered this a good job. You chat nonsense.

In fact the Irish and the others beat up blacks for daring to think that they could seek employment in places where they worked. The Irish faced discrimination certainly but it wasn't that blacks were preferred.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:28 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
And when exactly did I condemn black Americans for not doing better? Talk to NYWriterdude on that one.
I made no such condemnation.

I spoke out on how mass incarceration was a huge factor in the high unemployment among Blacks. You said why didn't BLM deal with economic issues, and I said that mass incarceration along with the utter marginalization of a huge percentage of Black people are what creates the issues among Blacks in the US.

The fact that there are separate Black neighborhoods say a lot, as these neighborhoods are ALWAYS underresourced in terms of education, policing, retail, amenities, medical care, retail, and financial services, among other services and these things are only improved when it's time to gentrify a neighborhood.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:44 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Even though I'm no fan of Nywriterdude and we have been on bad terms. He has came out and spoke against black institutional racism which still persists here in the states. And I think you did condemn black Americans on some occasions if I recall. I will have to dig it up.

I'm just sad that now race has become a huge issue now. While the top 5% of the country are laughing at you guys including Trump, Soros and Koch.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:12 PM

343 posts, read 254,269 times
Its weird how the people of this NYC forum mostly can care less about what color skin a person has yet we argue about racism like something nutso. I guess deep down its just that melting pot cesspool syndrome of stress and toxins that people get sucked into it. There are some sick puppies in here...

Old 09-13-2017, 06:29 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
Its weird how the people of this NYC forum mostly can care less about what color skin a person has yet we argue about racism like something nutso. I guess deep down its just that melting pot cesspool syndrome of stress and toxins that people get sucked into it. There are some sick puppies in here...
Plenty of these liberals here are deep down racist themselves.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:59 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Plenty of these liberals here are deep down racist themselves.
All of them are. The white liberals are scared to death of black people and the black leftists are militant white haters.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:12 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,853,768 times
it does make for a funky salad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City