Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 09:58 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie425 View Post
Yup. and people get all anxious for "fall" when it actually will probably just be a week or so of cool weather, right to freezing, grey nasty days for months on end. Then they will complain about that LOL.

Give me warm, San Diego weather year around. No wonder people are happier out there.
Never complain about cold weather. The streets tend to be *cleaner*, fewer bums out begging money or whatever, and most importantly, the obnoxious transplants that just need a ride home can finally find their way back to *California* or wherever the hell they're from. Say that because they tend to go away *mysteriously* when the weather changes up. Am thinking that's not a coincidence.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:07 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
the cold times are coming....

Old 09-26-2017, 10:13 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Never complain about cold weather. The streets tend to be *cleaner*, fewer bums out begging money or whatever, and most importantly, the obnoxious transplants that just need a ride home can finally find their way back to *California* or wherever the hell they're from. Say that because they tend to go away *mysteriously* when the weather changes up. Am thinking that's not a coincidence.
That's because they're all down in the subway. The homeless population is greater in the subway during the colder months.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
the cold times are coming....

70's...I better make sure my oil tank is FULL and pull out the electric blankets! lol

Old 09-26-2017, 10:43 AM

237 posts, read 787,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post

Well where I work, in midtown Manhattan, the crowds never seem to go away. If anything, it's worse when the holidays hit. There's no break from the crowds/tourists. Getting down the sidewalk is an obstacle course.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:48 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie425 View Post
Well where I work, in midtown Manhattan, the crowds never seem to go away. If anything, it's worse when the holidays hit. There's no break from the crowds/tourists. Getting down the sidewalk is an obstacle course.
Am in agreement. Can remember when one could *walk* in peace in the colder months since much of Midtown has wide sidewalks. Enjoy October because come November, all hell will break loose. Will quiet down a bit after New Years. Between the cigarette smokers on every inch of the damn sidewalk blowing their crap everywhere and the tourists who feel the need to walk side-by-side , even when it's 4 or 5 of them, cannot walk on the sidewalk much these days. Sometimes just walk in the street. Difficult to get a break of fresh air (car fumes and cigarette and cigar smoke galore).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
That's because they're all down in the subway. The homeless population is greater in the subway during the colder months.
Lucky for me my subway trips are fewer and fewer these days. Seems like the idiots become more entitled to do and bring all sorts of things underground. Recently saw a video of some guy riding the subway on the *side* of the train and the people *inside* of the car recording it.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:52 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Lucky for me, being in Manhattan period is few and far between these days!

Old 09-26-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Lucky for me, being in Manhattan period is few and far between these days!
Nobody likes a show off lol

Old 09-26-2017, 11:08 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Bro, your thread title is "NYC winter rolls in next week are you getting prepared" Next week's temp are not winter like.

You also were not really clear in your question. How do you cope with winter? Geez, i dunno like every other year prior. You should have asked your question as do you leave NYC during or for the entire winter period? I do, i leave for Panama and don't come back until Spring.

8 degrees high =in Celsius or Fahrenheit. ?? We live in the USA. Which one do you believe i am using?

Now want to try again Ok, i am heading to Hawaii this upcoming Saturday for a 8 day vacation of surfing and scuba diving. I will probably head to Miami or the Caribbean during Thanksgiving week to relax. Early 2018 (Jan to Mar), i will probably head to either Rio de Janiero or Caribbean again.
Exactly. AND announcing winter is NEXT week.

But it's us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
No I started a thread to start a discussion on how New Yorker's cope with winter but you and others chose to ignore the basis for the thread and lash out out of Jealousy maybe or pure ignorance. Why
NO one, I mean, NO ONE "lashed out" at you.

And jealous? Just stop. Panama. LOL. I think you underestimate people here...Mr. Rhy, above, will be wintering in numerous places. And stop by my place in Tortola, BVI.

Again, no one cares where anyone spends the winter. No. One.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:12 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
70's...I better make sure my oil tank is FULL and pull out the electric blankets! lol
those are 40's and 50's on the map. Long way from freezing but the biggest change since may
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City