Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 08:20 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,384,414 times

Advertisements

I wonder why he let a 15 year old get to his head like that. When I was 18, I was just counting down the days to finish high school, and I didn't involve myself in any drama. I certainly didn't care what a punk ass 15 year old thought about me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 08:46 PM

8,906 posts, read 4,692,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
This might be a controversial opinion but I don’t feel bad for the bully. I was a victim of intense bullying and I know how far it can push a person mentally. If that person would’ve never been bullying the victim then this would've never happened. I don’t see bullies who get revenge taken against them as victims.
Two wrongs don't make a right but I agree, cry me a river when a bully gets a dose of his own medicine.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:51 PM

8,906 posts, read 4,692,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I wonder why he let a 15 year old get to his head like that. When I was 18, I was just counting down the days to finish high school, and I didn't involve myself in any drama. I certainly didn't care what a punk ass 15 year old thought about me.
It's the straw that broke the camel's back. He was bullied by others (these guys weren't even his original tormentors just the "jump on the bandwagon" types) and when he confronted them, one of them punched him twice and so he stabbed him. SMH. This is a case of bad parenting all around. Course parents can only do so much but I'm wondering if these parents even tried or are they bullies themselves.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:14 PM

33,389 posts, read 46,804,398 times
I kind of had a change of heart. I know everybody reacts differently, but back in my day, I would have fought them, not grabbed a weapon....just speaking for myself personally.

We may never know, but I would love to know what triggered the mindset of having the weapon, regardless of whether it was right or wrong to do.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-02-2017, 12:37 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,817,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The gay guys I grew up with are all extremely successful, more so than the rest of us even. Only one guy isn’t technically successful but that’s because he became a Christian monk or brother down in Florida. He’s successful in his own way. But again, they went to good solid schools where education mattered. My friend John from high school was bullied as a freshmen but became one of the toughest kids in school and no one messed with him for the rest of our time there. He didn’t do it with knives or guns either. But then again we didn’t have metal detectors that apparently force kids to become criminals according to some here. Lol

Blame, blame, blame someone else. Always the excuse...
Notice how as an adult you personally take about defending yourself with guns, yet when a kid defends himself with a knife or gun for some reason it's horrible. Double standard, no? Well it maybe good this gay guy killed one of his tormentors. Maybe the other kids will think twice before they bully someone, and maybe the school will more strongly intervene.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I kind of had a change of heart. I know everybody reacts differently, but back in my day, I would have fought them, not grabbed a weapon....just speaking for myself personally.

We may never know, but I would love to know what triggered the mindset of having the weapon, regardless of whether it was right or wrong to do.
If I were confronted with someone stronger and probably a better fighter than me, I would not hestitate to use a weapon if need be.

As a kid when confronted with an anti gay bully I stabbed one with a pencil accidentally. He bled. He didn't turn me in. Didn't anything to do with me afterwards. When confronted with a guy who is more aggressors d stronger than you, being willing to fight them straight up just gets the weaker person hurt. So after that stabbing incident I made it known my stepfather and uncles were vets, I had access to guns and a confrontation with me would end up with someone dead.

And don't say what you would do, because you were never in the Sutton being a gay guy confronted with hostile straight guys. Gays get beaten to death at times for simply walking down the street.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
If I were confronted with someone stronger and probably a better fighter than me, I would not hestitate to use a weapon if need be.

As a kid when confronted with an anti gay bully I stabbed one with a pencil accidentally. He bled. He didn't turn me in. Didn't anything to do with me afterwards. When confronted with a guy who is more aggressors d stronger than you, being willing to fight them straight up just gets the weaker person hurt. So after that stabbing incident I made it known my stepfather and uncles were vets, I had access to guns and a confrontation with me would end up with someone dead.

And don't say what you would do, because you were never in the Sutton being a gay guy confronted with hostile straight guys. Gays get beaten to death at times for simply walking down the street.
People can get bullied for anything. Relax.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:52 AM

Quote:
People can get bullied for anything. Relax.
Especially if they are gay. Gay people have much higher suicide rates because if it, including children. As adults this doesn't go away because one can legally be fired from one's job if one is gay and according to the Justice Department there are no federal protections for sexual orientation. So I will not relax at all, and clearly a gay person speaking out in what obviously was behind that young man killing his tormentors clearly bothers you. You never experienced anything like it, so there is no need to speak on something you don't know anything about.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Especially if they are gay. Gay people have much higher suicide rates because if it, including children. As adults this doesn't go away because one can legally be fired from one's job if one is gay and according to the Justice Department there are no federal protections for sexual orientation. So I will not relax at all, and clearly a gay person speaking out in what obviously was behind that young man killing his tormentors clearly bothers you. You never experienced anything like it, so there is no need to speak on something you don't know anything about.
Relax.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Relax.
Stop telling me to relax. This is a matter I will never relax about, and itnud not the only one. I understand you don't care about it and that is fine, but do not tell LGBT people what we need to relax on. You do not have that right,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City