Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 08:21 AM

957 posts, read 935,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
quote:
For all who have given up hope - don't! Just keep on applying!

Why bother when they only cater to the super poor and uppity class now?

It's easier to just sit in my dump and get knocked out over and over by the powers that be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZt7J0iaUD0
You're annoying and you need to get over yourself. Everyone is waiting for a chance like you. Your attitude is so outputting you act like a victim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 08:31 AM

375 posts, read 323,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglavidabroka View Post
HOLY SHEEEEEEEET
Yup....its like that!

I'll tell you all something though....I feel lucky that I was selected and awarded a unit because if this would of happened in my 20's, I would've never qualified!! HELL NO!! If you're in your 20's and have your life together and are trying to get a unit then more power to you! Good luck!

Old 10-12-2017, 01:16 PM

6,687 posts, read 6,031,429 times
Ugh. I hate it when management companies fax or email employment verification forms to my HR department because they're super slow. Not trying to complain, just that my HR department has a large responsibility with so many employees.

But I"m ranting because this is how I lost out on the Hunters Point South Living development that I really wanted - my HR Dept took too long to provide this crap verification request. So I am just hoping that it is not deja vous ! I guess there's no other choice except to sit around and suffer the anxiety in wait time, since I have zero control in asking my HR department to "hurry up" like I did with Steinway Estates who gave me the forms to give to them. My HR department told me this present request is between HR and the management company since I've already signed.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:21 PM

Moral of the story: The deeper you get into almost winning a lottery the more anxious the process gets - for those of you considering joining the madness.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:59 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Ugh. I hate it when management companies fax or email employment verification forms to my HR department because they're super slow. Not trying to complain, just that my HR department has a large responsibility with so many employees.

But I"m ranting because this is how I lost out on the Hunters Point South Living development that I really wanted - my HR Dept took too long to provide this crap verification request. So I am just hoping that it is not deja vous ! I guess there's no other choice except to sit around and suffer the anxiety in wait time, since I have zero control in asking my HR department to "hurry up" like I did with Steinway Estates who gave me the forms to give to them. My HR department told me this present request is between HR and the management company since I've already signed.
I can totally relate, I was on pins and needles but the frustrating thing for me is that all this is automated but typical BG made it harder than it needed to be.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:52 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,693 times
It says something in the Marketing Handbook about how applicants can't be penalized for an employer's non-response. Wait, here it is, page 40: "An applicant cannot be penalized for the lack of response from his/her employer in completing and returning the verification. However, the Marketing Agent must evidence at least three attempts...to obtain such third party employment verification." Need to start reminding these marketing agents of the guidelines, which we all seem to know better than they do. Good luck.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
It says something in the Marketing Handbook about how applicants can't be penalized for an employer's non-response. Wait, here it is, page 40: "An applicant cannot be penalized for the lack of response from his/her employer in completing and returning the verification. However, the Marketing Agent must evidence at least three attempts...to obtain such third party employment verification." Need to start reminding these marketing agents of the guidelines, which we all seem to know better than they do. Good luck.
That's good and all, but by that time, someone else may have all their paperwork. Anyway, I was able to find out that my HR department received the paperwork and that they will start on it either today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Old 10-13-2017, 11:44 AM

Ugh. Just called my HR department and they said, "We'll have your employment verification ready between 5 to 10 business days!"
What do you guys think - is that too long?? I'm on the second day now.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:49 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,745 times
Quote:
Ugh. Just called my HR department and they said, "We'll have your employment verification ready between 5 to 10 business days!"
Sorry but that is ridiculous. Can't they expedite?

Old 10-13-2017, 12:03 PM

965 posts, read 1,114,064 times
Quote:
Wtf? No way.

I work in an agency just shy of 1,200 people and the HR department had my employment verification form written, signed and notarized within minutes... TWICE. It's such a simple form no longer than two sentences.

I would definitely mark this as urgent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: