Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2017, 01:27 AM

31 posts, read 55,689 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
So I got denied because of my income was to high. Well the property mgmt sent the denial to my wrong address. I contacted the leasing manager not the agent and she told me they sent it to the wrong address and to re submit my paystubs. I resubmit the paystubs n she said when there is an apt she will get back to me. I know you have to be on top of them or they will throw your file to the side. I contacted NYC HDC and they told me that they have apts reserved for people who appeal the denial decision and that they should have given me an apt especially when it wasn't my fault! I just contacted the manager now so we shall see what happens. Nyc HDC told me to send them pictures of the emails correspondence and the wrong address. Any advice or opinion? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 04:06 AM

4,769 posts, read 6,558,555 times
I don't understand your situation. You were disqualified because your income was too high. The denial letter was sent to the wrong address, and because of that you're being reconsidered for the apartment? Isn't your income still too high?

Old 10-10-2017, 05:26 AM

387 posts, read 558,775 times
Yeah, I don't understand...unless the denial letter had the wrong information altogether, like income and a different name/address, I don't see how you all of a sudden qualify ???

Old 10-10-2017, 07:57 AM

31 posts, read 55,689 times
Hello, my income was to much because I worked overtime. When I never received the denial letter I contacted the property mgmt and they sent a PDF file showing they sent the letter to the wrong address. So when I found that out I contacted the supervisor and she told me to resubmit my paystubs. Once I sent my paystubs in (since I didn't work overtime at the time), she told me she will put me on the waiting list for the next available apt. Once she told me that, I contacted HDC and they told me they have apts reserved for people who overturn the denial decision.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:13 AM

4,769 posts, read 6,558,555 times
You didn't mention the overtime in your initial post. So I had no idea what was going on.

You were denied because you worked overtime at that point in time and the overtime put you over the cap. They are allowed to consider overtime as part of your salary, and base your projected annual salary on that. Any weird anomaly during that time period could sink you. My friend was almost denied because she took off two sick days when she had food poisoning.

If you search for overtime on these boards, you will see lots of sad stories. Even if you worked overtime just that once, and will never work it again, and you get your boss to swear to that, you can be denied because you worked it during the critical time period of being considered for 80/20 housing.

I don't know how you have a basis for an appeal. The way to win an appeal is to show a mistake was made. I don't see how the agent made a mistaking in denying you.

True, the letter was sent to the wrong address, but as far as I can tell, they are not obligated to reopen your file. The fact that they requested new pay stubs surprises me a little. Maybe you'll be lucky and they will reevaluate you with the newer salary information.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:19 AM

387 posts, read 558,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilant0500 View Post
Hello, my income was to much because I worked overtime. When I never received the denial letter I contacted the property mgmt and they sent a PDF file showing they sent the letter to the wrong address. So when I found that out I contacted the supervisor and she told me to resubmit my paystubs. Once I sent my paystubs in (since I didn't work overtime at the time), she told me she will put me on the waiting list for the next available apt. Once she told me that, I contacted HDC and they told me they have apts reserved for people who overturn the denial decision.
Oh okay, so what advice do you need? Just resubmit your pay-stubs and don't work overtime until you land the apartment because if the process takes longer than 4 months, you will need to keep on resubmitting your 6 most recent stubs

Old 03-07-2018, 05:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,700 times
Hello, i receivec the housing lottery notification and was selected to go through the interview process, i was told that i was being given priority do to me living in the same zip code/ community board. I was told that once i submitted the info and was approved by HPD the apartment would be mine! I submitted all of the paperwork required ( which was alot), met thei income requirements and was then approved by management. Managememt then submitted my file to HPD and reached out to me saying congratulations! HPD has approved ypur file. I went to see the specific apartmenr that i was approved for and then informed the management company that i was ready to put down the deposit and sign the lease. I was then told that HPD reached back out and decided to place my application on hold due to my log number. I was thoroughly confused. After you receive approval from HPD doesnt that mean you have the apt? Can management and HPD approve you and then take back their offer?

Old 03-07-2018, 06:04 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,073 times
They made a mistake, and realized they overlooked people with lower log numbers, likely also living in the community board. Mistakes are made all the time. You'll probably still prevail, as long as you continue to qualify. It will just take longer. Check in with them from time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: